IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been seven months since the girls disappeared. From what I've seen on Heather's FB page, she seems to be handling things well. I know Drew and Lizzie's siblings are in therapy.

I wish we could find out how Tammy, Wylma, Dillin and Misty are coping. I wonder who Dillin is living with.

Whoever kidnapped and killed Lizzie and Lyric sure turned a lot of lives upside down. JMO.

Cycling speeds and RSO checks are totally irrelevant if the girls never got to the lake in the first place, and were not sexually assaulted.

LE and the FBI obviously thought checking RSO was relevant and they know more about what is going on than any of us. If I remember correctly they started checking out RSO again once the bodies were discovered so that to me says a lot.

Does anyone know just how far is the campground from Meyers Lake and does the bike trail go over to the campground? Thank you in advance.

What are the odds that 2 bikes that look EXACTLY like the girls bikes would be left at the lake and them NOT be the girls bikes?

You aren't thinking someone staged duplicate looking bikes are you...because that is REALLLLYYYY far fetched.

I must be missing your point.

The odds are zero.

Colors for the bikes? That was never released. I'm 99.875% sure.

Thankfully, my memory is still intact:

"But within an hour Wylma Cook knew something was wrong. Elizabeth and Lyric never came home. By 3 p.m. that afternoon police were searching for the girls. By 4 p.m. the girls’ purple and red bikes, Elizabeth’s purple purse and cell phone were found just 2 miles away on a trail near Meyers Lake. But since then, the two girls have not been found."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10/22/whatever-happened-elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook

"But within an hour Wylma Cook knew something was wrong.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10/22/whatever-happened-elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook[/quote]

This has always nagged me. To me it says Wylma knew or sensed, maybe
suspected something, only a handful of people would know - something
connected to family history - maybe something small but significant.
Whatever it is I hope she told LE ! ??? I would almost bet the general
public doesn't know about it, whatever 'it' is ...

:banghead:

"But within an hour Wylma Cook knew something was wrong. Elizabeth and Lyric never came home. By 3 p.m. that afternoon police were searching for the girls. By 4 p.m. the girls’ purple and red bikes, Elizabeth’s purple purse and cell phone were found just 2 miles away on a trail near Meyers Lake. But since then, the two girls have not been found."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10/22/whatever-happened-elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook

Thanks for the link - I figured you'd probably find it! I don't recall ever seeing that article before.

Thank you for sharing. This was discussed at length back when they first went missing. I'm surprised we haven't discussed this before now. I have wondered for months why the color of their bikes wasn't mentioned.

Grrr why is that the only article that ever mentioned the color of the bikes? Did they intentionally leave out that detail until October. I see that it was October 22 when that article was initially published maybe that is why I never saw it.

Has anyone seen that detail anywhere besides Hln?

He attacked it w/what?!?!? :what:

QUOTE: "When one officer tried to use his baton, Garcia got a hold of it and attempted to use it against officers, according to police.

The man who fought a stop sign didn't stop, despite the pepper spray the arresting officers deployed. He simply wiped his face and allegedly continued running while throwing an officer's baton back at him."

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

"But within an hour Wylma Cook knew something was wrong.

This has always nagged me. To me it says Wylma knew or sensed, maybe
suspected something, only a handful of people would know - something
connected to family history - maybe something small but significant.
Whatever it is I hope she told LE ! ??? I would almost bet the general
public doesn't know about it, whatever 'it' is ...
:banghead:

I don't think she suspected too much or I doubt she would have gone back and told them to go find their own kids. MOO

Does anyone know just how far is the campground from Meyers Lake and does the bike trail go over to the campground? Thank you in advance.

Good question! I think the campground attracted a good number of folks, even locals. Wasn't the one poster local who was camping there and told us about the campers next to them dismantling bikes? She even went to LE with her story which I found quite interesting. A campground and a biking trail would seem to attract a lot of outdoorsy-type folks - hopefully no one with a grudge against a stop sign though! :floorlaugh: :bigfight: :slapfight: :bud:

Thank you for sharing. This was discussed at length back when they first went missing. I'm surprised we haven't discussed this before now. I have wondered for months why the color of their bikes wasn't mentioned.

me too! I think this is the main reason the bicyclist's sighting of two "children's" bicycles was discounted - he could not tell LE even what color the bikes were and the fact he said they were both kids bikes. . .

I also think the girls were cycling very fast that day as evidenced by the cctv video - they were basically a blur on a very grainy video (as some posters have stated - they don't even believe it is Elizabeth and Lyric on the video). They were definitely cycling faster than the average speed. I think Elizabeth wanted to show Lyric something and they had to be fast. . . get there and back before Grandma Wylma put 2 and 2 together and figured they had been gone too long. However, I do believe the girls encountered a :snake: "in the grass" or Maiden Lane before Grandma realized they were missing :sheesh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields