IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she suspected too much or I doubt she would have gone back and told them to go find their own kids. MOO

I imagine Grandma was more than a little aggravated at not being able to find the girls at the time. . . I think her plate was full, helping Heather, cleaning, watching the other children besides Lyric and Elizabeth. Lyric had just disobeyed the previous week with her other cousin and I think that was probably in the back of Grandma's mind that it had happened again. God bless her for taking on the responsibility of raising Lyric when her own parents were incapable. Tweens and teenagers are not the easiest people to manage. Grandma was doing the best she could under the circumstances.

Would you please outline a scenario in which the bikes at the lake were NOT the bikes the girls were riding that day?

Thanks.

Spelling it out -

I do not believe this is a sexually motivated abduction.

I believe it was very well planned and orchestrated and staged to appear as if it was a random abduction.

I believe the girls bikes were found at the lake.

What none of us can know is if the girls left the house on their own bikes.

There doesn't have to be "duplicates" or "exactly the same"...the girls could have been on two boys bikes for all we know, which were taken with the girls, while their actual bikes were staged.

Spelling it out -

I believe it was very well planned and orchestrated and staged to appear as if it was a random abduction.

There doesn't have to be "duplicates" or "exactly the same"...the girls could have been on two boys bikes for all we know, which were taken with the girls, while their actual bikes were staged.

Hi Sapphire! Regarding the date the girls were abducted, Friday, July the 13th, do you think it was planned to abduct the girls specifically on a Friday the 13th, or the date was just coincidental to the staged abduction?

Spelling it out -

Ok....so where are the 2 bikes the girls were on then?

Wylma said that she saw them get on their bikes and leave. If they'd gotten on 2 other bikes and then THEIR bikes were found at the lake I believe they would have known it was an abduction from the minute those 2 bikes were found since they didn't leave on them.

They wouldn't have bothered draining the lake, etc. I don't believe, if that were the case.

I'm not ruling out your theory entirely, but I am not of the belief that these bikes found weren't the bikes the girls were on.

Grrr why is that the only article that ever mentioned the color of the bikes? Did they intentionally leave out that detail until October. I see that it was October 22 when that article was initially published maybe that is why I never saw it.

Has anyone seen that detail anywhere besides Hln?

The linked article is not where I first read it, and I think the date was closer to August, but the article I linked was the easiest one to find when I searched for it. It might be that the bike colors were mentioned during an interview and only a couple of media outlets mentioned it. It isn't really important, so it's understandable why it wasn't mentioned - but I searched bike colors because I had some time on my hands and wanted to know that detail.

As it turns out, it would seem that Nancy Grace and Otto released subj info. :waitasec:

It does ... and if one were to spend a lot more time looking for that specific information on the internet, more people would be added to the list.

He attacked it w/what?!?!? :what:

QUOTE: "When one officer tried to use his baton, Garcia got a hold of it and attempted to use it against officers, according to police.

The man who fought a stop sign didn't stop, despite the pepper spray the arresting officers deployed. He simply wiped his face and allegedly continued running while throwing an officer's baton back at him."

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Looks like he attacked it with his face!! Pepper spray, batons, and taser guns didn't faze him, guess when you are naked in public you think you are super man :)

Hi Sapphire! Regarding the date the girls were abducted, Friday, July the 13th, do you think it was planned to abduct the girls specifically on a Friday the 13th, or the date was just coincidental to the staged abduction?

This is something I've wondered about. There are several names associated with this abduction that are...evocative. Friday the 13th, Seven Bridges Road (a popular song from 1980), Maiden Lane, even Lyric's name.

One verse from the song:

Now I have loved you like a baby
Like some lonesome child
And I have loved you in a tame way
And I have loved you wild

(http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/sevenbridgesroad.html)

There are a couple of other names that struck me, but I can't call them to mind right now.

I can't put them into a coherent pattern, but it's enough to bother me.

He attacked it w/what?!?!? :what:

QUOTE: "When one officer tried to use his baton, Garcia got a hold of it and attempted to use it against officers, according to police.

The man who fought a stop sign didn't stop, despite the pepper spray the arresting officers deployed. He simply wiped his face and allegedly continued running while throwing an officer's baton back at him."

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wait. Are they sure this wasn't another Mayhem ad for that insurance company?

Thankfully, my memory is still intact:

"But within an hour Wylma Cook knew something was wrong. Elizabeth and Lyric never came home. By 3 p.m. that afternoon police were searching for the girls. By 4 p.m. the girls’ purple and red bikes, Elizabeth’s purple purse and cell phone were found just 2 miles away on a trail near Meyers Lake. But since then, the two girls have not been found."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10/22/whatever-happened-elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook

:rocker:

Looks like he attacked it with his face!! Pepper spray, batons, and taser guns didn't faze him, guess when you are naked in public you think you are super man :)

"You don't step on superman's cape! You don't spit into the wind! You don't pulll the mask off the ole Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Stop Signs!!!" :floorlaugh: Nekked to boot!

I completely agree about kids and strangers. Lizzie, in particular, has been described as a bubbly, outgoing little girl. Mr. Carpenter said how friendly she was, making friends with a lot of people as she biked down their street, turned around and biked back. So if the perp was someone Lizzie saw and/or talked to on her bike rides, she probably wouldn't be afraid of him. MOO

I am not referring to a specific person, I'm only suggesting that the perp could be someone Lizzie came in contact with on her bike rides. It could be someone living on a street Lizzie biked on, or a delivery person making stops in the neighborhood, or the friend/relative of someone Lizzie spoke to along her bike route. JMO

I also think that although it may not have been someone they actually knew in a small town it is very probable that it was someone that knew of them.

I feel there is something so odd about the amount of information that LE is holding back. There must be a clue in why they are holding back so much. I understand holding back something only the killer would know but they are completely locking the information down. Have the forensics come back yet on the DNA? It seems like they would have by now. I can't explain what I am trying to say, it just seems very unusual. Do you think they have a suspect or not? I am not even sure about that. Even a statement that COD is unknown would be expected...nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields