IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I'm not gonna comment any further with the "bike speed, time it took to get wherever" discussion.

In my opinion, there is a time line that LE has that probably make sense and we may not know what they are until the criminal case is heard in court. (I hope)

For the ideas I'm kicking around as to what happened, I'm not sure the bike speed issue matters to me.

I just wanted to comment on the " 8 minutes to get around Meyers Lake" seemed like a really really long time!

A few things to remember regarding the cyclist and the time it took to get from the jetty gate to restroom on the other side of the lake...

- the cyclist had already ridden from the Gilbertville Depot to Evansdale so he may have been tiring by the time he reached the jetty

- the 12:28 time is the time the cyclist's daughter gave as receiving a call from the cyclist; the cyclist himself said his own phone gave the time as 12:27

- Before making the phone call, the cyclist stopped at the park restroom to at least fill his water bottle.

This is the route I think the girls took.

Brovan past auction house camera to stop sign, turn right to LaFayette st, then turn right go down LaFayette to the bike trail, take bike trail behind Fareway, past skate park to Gilbert st, past Mr. Carpenters to the lake entrance. On the trail to the back of the lake.

A few things to remember regarding the cyclist and the time it took to get from the jetty gate to restroom on the other side of the lake...

- the cyclist had already ridden from the Gilbertville Depot to Evansdale so he may have been tiring by the time he reached the jetty

- the 12:28 time is the time the cyclist's daughter gave as receiving a call from the cyclist; the cyclist himself said his own phone gave the time as 12:27

- Before making the phone call, the cyclist stopped at the park restroom to at least fill his water bottle.

Thats true and I have considered that.

Do you have that link that says the bikes were red and purple.

Not anymore ... there's one here somewhere ... maybe from August? It doesn't really matter, but that's what I remember.

Not anymore ... there's one here somewhere ... maybe from August? It doesn't really matter, but that's what I remember.

Your not going by the bulletin that was printed out showing a drawing of two bikes against a fence are you?

I just don't understand why some don't believe the girls were at the lake. The dogs tracked their scents and the bikes were there, Mr.Carpenter saw them.

I'm scratching my head every time I read a comment that implies that the girls never made it there. I believe Mr. C. and it would appear that LE believed him to. Other wise I don't think they would have allowed x amount of posters to be made and put on every street corner stating that the girls were last seen between 12:30 and one NEAR THE LAKE.

Your not going by the bulletin that was printed out showing a drawing of two bikes against a fence are you?

This one? That is something that I made (too much time on my hands) ... and I added the color based on information that was available.

Elizabeth_Collins_Lyric_Cook_July13_2012.jpg

This one? That is something that I made (too much time on my hands) ... and I added the color based on information that was available.

Elizabeth_Collins_Lyric_Cook_July13_2012.jpg

Yes, thats it. Awesome bulletin by the way.

I don't recall the color of the bikes ever being reported. Since the bikes were never missing, a description of them wasn't needed.

But I could be wrong . . .

Also I would like to add that I really don't think the order to drain the lake would of happened if LE didn't think the girls were at the lake.

I don't recall the color of the bikes ever being reported. Since the bikes were never missing, a description of them wasn't needed.

But I could be wrong . . .

I don't remember that also. All I remember is the aunt said she gave Lyric her old bike.

It has been a few years since I walked the path along Meyers Lake, but I just have a hard time believing that it takes 8 minutes for a person to ride a bike around it. It is really not that big of an area.

Hey... look on the bright side... IMHO you might just be trying to debate w/somebody who is ohhh.. let's say 100+/- miles away from the subj. area.

W/all due respect <see sarcasm icon here>, IMHO aft this debate we could discuss the different perspectives of 6 inches as opposed to 7 inches.

Hey... look on the bright side... IMHO you might just be trying to debate w/somebody who is ohhh.. let's say 100+/- miles away from the subj. area.

W/all due respect <see sarcasm icon here>, IMHO aft this debate we could discuss the different perspectives of 6 inches as opposed to 7 inches.

I prefer 7 inches:floorlaugh:

I'll have to find the article again about the guy from Iowa who got naked and tried to beat up a stop sign, that one had me rolling.

BBM - Well hey... who among us could ask for more?!?

:laughcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member