IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the highway crosses and memorials too. They make me sad so I know the families must feel that x 10,000. To me, it is intrusive to take over the park in such a way that no one who actually lives there would have no say whatsoever. With the trees gone, the Interstate will be so much louder. It is like the family is getting the cart before the horse. What do Misty and Dan say about the memorial? Wylma? Maybe they don't want a memorial at the lake. The girls weren't found there and we don't even know if they were murdered there. It's not even a place where people swim. I certainly don't want to offend the locals who think this is a good idea, but the more I think about it, it becomes more strange. If the killer lives at the lake or close to it, why attract more children to go there? :waitasec: Do Drew and Heather know something we don't know?

Great post! And great questions for inquiring minds.

I watched a you tube video of an Evansdale local on her bike pointing out maiden lane, and the pump house. Remember the pump house? I have often wondered how the perp hide his vehicle and it dawned on me that he could of hide it behind the pump house and there is a walking trail there that leads to the lake.

Black or pink? I can't remember either! Pink was Elizabeth's favorite color and purple was Lyric's favorite color.

I would love to read the interview or watch it if possible -Youtube maybe? I'll google and see what kind of hits I get.

A female suspect? Can you share more cindersoot w/o having to sit in the naughty chair?

Iirc, Lizzie's high tops were black with a bit of pink on them.

Have you ever thought that by building the gazebo, it will make the lake look more appealing, and not so sad and dreary.

Another attempted abduction, this time in Des Moines. Witness said he observed a white male in a truck try and lure a 12 to 14 yr old girl. The witness got the license plate number and it was an RSO. Now LE is waiting for the victim to come forward.

Does anyone remember when they got the new puppy and where they got it from, just curious?

Iirc, they drove to Missouri, St Louis maybe...? Because it was the last puppy left in the litter, or something like that.

Iirc, they drove to Missouri, St Louis maybe...? Because it was the last puppy left in the litter, or something like that.

Personally, I prefer the local shelter. I support them 100%

Hi all. I still come by every few days to check in. I don't have anything to add, but I appreciate the way you all keep the thread going for Lyric amd Elizabeth. I was devastated when they were found. I convinced myself that they were being held somewhere. It was my first case on websleuths. Anyway still praying for justice for these two beautiful little girls.

:facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::truce:

I am not local, perhaps you are. I am curious about the area and the island renovation. Is that so hard to understand?

I still don't see any "verified" locals on this thread. :seeya:

Have you ever thought that by building the gazebo, it will make the lake look more appealing, and not so sad and dreary.

Exactly, thank you!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I believe it was that Friday evening. I think (if memory serves me correctly) I saw it on the news that evening that they'd found the bikes only (earlier in the day). Not sure if it was the 5 or 10 news though. I can't find a link to back it up, but this case gripped me immediately, and I remember distinctly seeing it on the breaking news they were missing. I just don't remember exactly when it was announced that the bikes were found at the lake.

Surely by 10 o'clock news it would have been announced that the bikes had been found. I thought it was asked at Abben's first press conference which would have been ? Friday evening ? where the bikes were found.

I wish I could go back and listen to the scanner that day, Friday, July the 13th.

On the south side of the lake along the bike trail is a black bench memorial to a sheriff.

Really? That's interesting. Was he killed in the line of duty? Why would his family or the city choose to memorialize him at Meyers Lake?

Really? That's interesting. Was he killed in the line of duty? Why would his family or the city choose to memorialize him at Meyers Lake?

Maybe he enjoyed the lake. Maybe he walked, rode a bike or jogged the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem