IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have anything to back this up? I had no idea they are "good friends". Maybe I missed it...........:blushing:

Other than FB, that's it! Sorry. Should not have said anything it being FB and all, but it made me wonder if the family perceived themselves to be good friends with so and so and the other person was more of the idea of he knew who they were and their family members, etc.

Really? Why not on the shore somewhere?
Benches, gazebo etc........... Statues, memorial.

Here where I live, a young woman was killed. There is a bench in her honor to remind us all of the tragedy, yet I suspect most as people go on with their daily business don't pay it any mind. But I do, every time I see it.

A bench makes much more sense to me. If you know the story you're going to think of the person whenever you see the bench. Just plain and simple.

That's what I've been thinking too Bunnyhop. We know that the Collins are good friends with Chief of Police Smock so I am thinking they might know more than they are saying. Cindersoot says the lake area is small and not much room to put a gazebo. But, why the island? Why wanting to speak with someone with a paddleboat? Why not a bench at the front of the park? I can understand a memorial, but you would think the people who actually LIVE at Meyers lake would have a say if they wanted so many trees cut down and construction with a walkway being built to the island. A Bench seems much more practical and fitting. I just don't know what to think. . . Bizarre is a beginning.

Just a side note, don't want to bore y'all to tears, but. . . in my neck of the woods it's already spring. I mean I have baby bluebirds already. I've been feeding birds for over 20 years. I have red birds/cardinals, blue jays, sparrows (native), goldfinches, buntings (painted and Indigo), red-breast groesbeaks, etc. Across the road from my house (I live on a dirt road), it is forest, lots of trees, vines, perfect habitat for a lot of little creatures. Several years ago the road commissioner decided to widen the road a bit on that side and they cut a bunch of trees down and not in a neat or organized manner. They brought in some huge equipment and just ran over the trees basically. It was spring, right at the time when all the birds were raising little ones. It was horrible! The smell of death lingered for quite a while. I knew it was all the birds nests and squirrel nests and who knows what else was run over and killed. I was sooooo angry, but there was not a thing I could do about it. Was not my property, but it was quite devestating to the wildlife. Ugh! Still raises my blood pressure when I think about the idiot who had such a bright idea! :banghead:

Sorry but I'm not Bunnyhop!

But, the girls never swam to the island, why would the abductor take them to the island, in the middle of the lake?

Is it possible the perp tried to lure them with a boat ride to the island? I wasn't trying to imply the girls swam to the island.

It's in the earlier reports That's common knowledge as he has openly stated it many times.

Common knowledge, not to me. So they are friends then?
So they have insider info?
Let's see where this goes..............

Really? Why not on the shore somewhere?
Benches, gazebo etc........... Statues, memorial.

Here where I live, a young woman was killed. There is a bench in her honor to remind us all of the tragedy, yet I suspect most as people go on with their daily business don't pay it any mind. But I do, every time I see it.

IDK, I just see where else it could go, unless you have been there you wouldn't understand. It's not that big of a park.

IDK, I just see where else it could go, unless you have been there you wouldn't understand. It's not that big of a park.

Not that big, yet there are restrooms and a tank. No, I haven't been there, just thinking out loud.

Welcome to websleuths! Are you friends with the family?

I found this mentions the hills, gosch family, and nichols. http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpenalty@lists.washlaw.edu/msg10998.html

Thank you all for the kind welcome.
It is spring break here so I log on sporadically throughout the day.
I am an acquaintance of Drew. A family member is a longtime friend of Drew Collins and loves him dearly.

I watch the case closely and hope everyday for a break in the case.
Thank you all for your continuing interest in finding the killer(s). of these two innocent children.

I saw an interview with Tim Miller of Equusearch. They showed him at the site where Laura, his daughter's body, was finally discovered. He had made a very nice memorial. It was just a plain wooden cross probably 5 feet or so. Looks like it was made by hand and nothing elaborate, but it spoke volumes. A gazebo is going to require some upkeep, painting, repairing the roof, landscaping, etc. I am just puzzled by it I suppose.

I saw an interview with Tim Miller of Equusearch. They showed him at the site where Laura, his daughter's body, was finally discovered. He had made a very nice memorial. It was just a plain wooden cross probably 5 feet or so. Looks like it was made by hand and nothing elaborate, but it spoke volumes. A gazebo is going to require some upkeep, painting, repairing the roof, landscaping, etc. I am just puzzled by it I suppose.

Thank you. That's why I'm asking so many questions.

You know........
here where I live, I see many "markers/crosses" on the roadside.
They are memorials for those who have passed. Most are car accidents.
Usually, family updates them- (from my perspective)

The only local site I've seen is a bench in remembrance of a local woman who was killed. :twocents:

I see the highway crosses and memorials too. They make me sad so I know the families must feel that x 10,000. To me, it is intrusive to take over the park in such a way that no one who actually lives there would have no say whatsoever. With the trees gone, the Interstate will be so much louder. It is like the family is getting the cart before the horse. What do Misty and Dan say about the memorial? Wylma? Maybe they don't want a memorial at the lake. The girls weren't found there and we don't even know if they were murdered there. It's not even a place where people swim. I certainly don't want to offend the locals who think this is a good idea, but the more I think about it, it becomes more strange. If the killer lives at the lake or close to it, why attract more children to go there? :waitasec: Do Drew and Heather know something we don't know?

I believe it was that Friday evening. I think (if memory serves me correctly) I saw it on the news that evening that they'd found the bikes only (earlier in the day). Not sure if it was the 5 or 10 news though. I can't find a link to back it up, but this case gripped me immediately, and I remember distinctly seeing it on the breaking news they were missing. I just don't remember exactly when it was announced that the bikes were found at the lake.

placed against the fence at about 3:58 P.M. the afternoon of the girls abduction .

On the south side of the lake along the bike trail is a black bench memorial to a sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member