IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting reading about Donnisha's case. She was raped by her rapist at least 8 times, they had a semen sample she collected after one incident. She willingly met up with him the day he arranged to have her killed.

After reading about cases like that, it makes it easier to see how easy it would be to convince Lyric and Elizabeth to go with someone, even without the typical "help me find my puppy" routine.

Last night as I lay awake at 2am thinking about this case, I tryed to run all kinds of scenarios in my head. I as most of you know already have my suspect ( off with her head), and it can get very hard to introduce a new suspect in my head, but I tryed. I really tryed. lol. So, first I thought what if some young kids are responsible for this, and then I thought well the perp would have to of had a vehicle. I don't believe the girls followed some young person thru the streets to their house, they would of been seen. So young perp out.

Then I realized the perp had to of parked his vehicle next to maiden lane, close to the wooded area out of sight. So tire tracks had to of been seen. There is no way in my mind the killer didn't have a vehicle. Then I thought of where the bodies were found, does anyone remember the interview with the Collins shortly after the bodies were found where Heather mentioned Elizabeths shoes? That LE showed her Elizabeths shoes? Black high tops?

I think for the memorial, two things should happen:

1. There should be a vote by the entire community or county (depending on whose tax dollars are being used) asking if they are for/against it. I'm not saying there should be some magical number that gets the memorial built or not built, but if 80% are against it, maybe it's time to re-think this idea. Going by comments I've read online about the memorial for Elizabeth and Lyric and Jessica R, I don't think the local population is as gung-ho about these memorials as people want to believe.

2. If the memorial can't be financed 100% by community donations, it's time to re-think it. If you need to take taxpayer money or donations from businesses only looking for PR, do the people really want it? Or is this memorial so expensive that the community can't afford it?

Could it be that certain family members know more about what went on in this case than the general public knows? Very likely! Could it be that the island plays a part in all this such as something could have gone on at the island that no one could see because of all the trees and thicket and that why Drew is clearing it so nothing like this could happen again in plain sight? This is just thoughts running through my head, but I would say something went down on that island and that's why its being cleared like it is. There is a reason why the island has been picked as a place to put the memorial. Remember LE has mentioned a paddle boat or wanting to speak with someone who was in a paddle boat. MOO

Could it be that certain family members know more about what went on in this case than the general public knows? Very likely! Could it be that the island plays a part in all this such as something could have gone on at the island that no one could see because of all the trees and thicket and that why Drew is clearing it so nothing like this could happen again in plain sight? This is just thoughts running through my head, but I would say something went down on that island and that's why its being cleared like it is. There is a reason why the island has been picked as a place to put the memorial. Remember LE has mentioned a paddle boat or wanting to speak with someone who was in a paddle boat. MOO

But, the girls never swam to the island, why would the abductor take them to the island, in the middle of the lake?

I also think the island is the only place to put the memorial, theres no other place really.

Last night as I lay awake at 2am thinking about this case, I tryed to run all kinds of scenarios in my head. I as most of you know already have my suspect ( off with her head), and it can get very hard to introduce a new suspect in my head, but I tryed. I really tryed. lol. So, first I thought what if some young kids are responsible for this, and then I thought well the perp would have to of had a vehicle. I don't believe the girls followed some young person thru the streets to their house, they would of been seen. So young perp out.

Then I realized the perp had to of parked his vehicle next to maiden lane, close to the wooded area out of sight. So tire tracks had to of been seen. There is no way in my mind the killer didn't have a vehicle. Then I thought of where the bodies were found, does anyone remember the interview with the Collins shortly after the bodies were found where Heather mentioned Elizabeths shoes? That LE showed her Elizabeths shoes? Black high tops?

Black or pink? I can't remember either! Pink was Elizabeth's favorite color and purple was Lyric's favorite color.

I would love to read the interview or watch it if possible -Youtube maybe? I'll google and see what kind of hits I get.

A female suspect? Can you share more cindersoot w/o having to sit in the naughty chair?

Black or pink? I can't remember either! Pink was Elizabeth's favorite color and purple was Lyric's favorite color.

I would love to read the interview or watch it if possible -Youtube maybe? I'll google and see what kind of hits I get.

A female suspect? Can you share more cindersoot w/o having to sit in the naughty chair?

I never said a female suspect? Yes I'm positive it was black high tops.

Interesting..............

That's what I've been thinking too Bunnyhop. We know that the Collins are good friends with Chief of Police Smock so I am thinking they might know more than they are saying. Cindersoot says the lake area is small and not much room to put a gazebo. But, why the island? Why wanting to speak with someone with a paddleboat? Why not a bench at the front of the park? I can understand a memorial, but you would think the people who actually LIVE at Meyers lake would have a say if they wanted so many trees cut down and construction with a walkway being built to the island. A Bench seems much more practical and fitting. I just don't know what to think. . . Bizarre is a beginning.

Just a side note, don't want to bore y'all to tears, but. . . in my neck of the woods it's already spring. I mean I have baby bluebirds already. I've been feeding birds for over 20 years. I have red birds/cardinals, blue jays, sparrows (native), goldfinches, buntings (painted and Indigo), red-breast groesbeaks, etc. Across the road from my house (I live on a dirt road), it is forest, lots of trees, vines, perfect habitat for a lot of little creatures. Several years ago the road commissioner decided to widen the road a bit on that side and they cut a bunch of trees down and not in a neat or organized manner. They brought in some huge equipment and just ran over the trees basically. It was spring, right at the time when all the birds were raising little ones. It was horrible! The smell of death lingered for quite a while. I knew it was all the birds nests and squirrel nests and who knows what else was run over and killed. I was sooooo angry, but there was not a thing I could do about it. Was not my property, but it was quite devestating to the wildlife. Ugh! Still raises my blood pressure when I think about the idiot who had such a bright idea! :banghead:

I also think the island is the only place to put the memorial, theres no other place really.

Really? Why not on the shore somewhere?
Benches, gazebo etc........... Statues, memorial.

Here where I live, a young woman was killed. There is a bench in her honor to remind us all of the tragedy, yet I suspect most as people go on with their daily business don't pay it any mind. But I do, every time I see it.

Does anyone remember when they got the new puppy and where they got it from, just curious?

That's what I've been thinking too Bunnyhop. We know that the Collins are good friends with Chief of Police Smock so I am thinking they might know more than they are saying. Cindersoot says the lake area is small and not much room to put a gazebo. But, why the island? Why wanting to speak with someone with a paddleboat? Why not a bench at the front of the park? I can understand a memorial, but you would think the people who actually LIVE at Meyers lake would have a say if they wanted so many trees cut down and construction with a walkway being built to the island. A Bench seems much more practical and fitting. I just don't know what to think. . . Bizarre is a beginning.

Just a side note, don't want to bore y'all to tears, but. . . in my neck of the woods it's already spring. I mean I have baby bluebirds already. I've been feeding birds for over 20 years. I have red birds/cardinals, blue jays, sparrows (native), goldfinches, buntings (painted and Indigo), red-breast groesbeaks, etc. Across the road from my house (I live on a dirt road), it is forest, lots of trees, vines, perfect habitat for a lot of little creatures. Several years ago the road commissioner decided to widen the road a bit on that side and they cut a bunch of trees down and not in a neat or organized manner. They brought in some huge equipment and just ran over the trees basically. It was spring, right at the time when all the birds were raising little ones. It was horrible! The smell of death lingered for quite a while. I knew it was all the birds nests and squirrel nests and who knows what else was run over and killed. I was sooooo angry, but there was not a thing I could do about it. Was not my property, but it was quite devestating to the wildlife. Ugh! Still raises my blood pressure when I think about the idiot who had such a bright idea! :banghead:

This makes me cry..........

Very good post!

Was the island ever searched??
Is it possible the island is/was so secluded (by trees etc) that the perp(s) could have been holding the girls on the island (gagged and/or bound) the whole time the search effort was going on?? (as hard as that thought is to say and think) And if so, maybe the reason they had to keep the girls held at the island is because something put a wrench in the perp's original plan, such as bikes found too early etc. and so the girls were abandoned at the island and left to starve and then after all search efforts were over etc, then the perp(s) came back and took the bodies to 7 Bridges??

BBM, I agree. Hence my questions regarding this matter. Who was given the authority to do this? Was the town and neighbors involved? Just asking.......
Any links are appreciated. As I said, I live on a lake, no one can just go out on the 2 islands and cut things down. There would be outcry from the community and legal matters to deal with, No way, no how.

That's what I've been thinking too Bunnyhop. We know that the Collins are good friends with Chief of Police Smock so I am thinking they might know more than they are saying.

Do you have anything to back this up? I had no idea they are "good friends". Maybe I missed it...........:blushing:

Does anyone remember when they got the new puppy and where they got it from, just curious?

I asked that same question. All I can remember was they went out of state to get the puppy. Remember thinking it was a long way to drive to get a puppy. I always think about the pregnant lady who was raising a special breed of dogs and communicated with another lady out of state thinking the lady wanted to buy one of her dogs. Horrible story! Bobbie Jo Stinnett, Skidmore, Missouri, murdered for her unborn child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi