IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
at about 9:20 in the first video interview linked above the reporter asks Drew Collins if his focus on sex offenders is due to any indication from LE that they have a particular profile of the kidnapper. Drew responds very quickly with "nope" and explains his interest in the RSO's who are not reporting and unaccounted for is due to a friend from in town whose daughter was abducted raped and murdered a few years ago.

per Drew - None of those people may not have anything to do with this case but these people - we need to know who they are and where they're at.

Does anyone know which case he refers to when talking of the friend in town whose daughter was kidnapped, raped and murdered? it was not specified if the daughter was a minor or an adult at the time she was killed.

I believe this is in connection to the Nichols family - please read the article here: http://www.kwwl.com/story/20414007/2012/12/23/one-family-impacted-by-two-tragedies

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I live close to Newtown CT. There was talk about re-naming a street after one of the fallen (in another town in CT) There was an uproar as so many other victims ( of violent crimes) were overlooked. :twocents:

Was the changing of the street name pushed by the family of the victim or just by some unrelated group or organization? Also, was the street name for one of the adults or one of the kids? And was the uproar limited to the Internet or did people speak out against it at town council meetings, to the media, etc? And was it one of the bigger cities in CT?

I agree with you. I think if someone is posting publicly that they've been looked into, especially after the number of people who have called LE about it. But honestly, I'm sure the FBI looked into him before they got the first tip.

I really worry that LE gets more "I saw on the Internet" tips than "my husband was unaccounted for 6 hours that day" tips.

Yeah.

And it seems like the possibility of harrassing innocent people is pretty high, too.

I believe this is in connection to the Nichols family - please read the article here: http://www.kwwl.com/story/20414007/2012/12/23/one-family-impacted-by-two-tragedies

I immediately thought of Lindsay too, but I don't believe she was raped. Drew stated that the man's daughter he's working with was raped and murdered. That's why I was wondering if there is some OTHER person who's daughter was not only murdered, but raped THEN murdered.

Thank you for the link though...what a horrible situation for such a young, vibrant girl. :(

I immediately thought of Lindsay too, but I don't believe she was raped. Drew stated that the man's daughter he's working with was raped and murdered. That's why I was wondering if there is some OTHER person who's daughter was not only murdered, but raped THEN murdered.

Thank you for the link though...what a horrible situation for such a young, vibrant girl. :(

I couldn't find anything that indicated he raped her either. This article makes it sound like it was outside. I feel for the guys wife and kids, how horrific to find out your husband committed suicide, but then to find out he also killed someone else AND to find out she was his girlfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-just-hours-revealed-new-lover-Facebook.html

Social Media? Pfffffffffffft.
The Bane of our future. :twocents:

Social media is what you make of it. Use it to seek out relationships with people you don't know, post negative comments about your employer and subsequently get fired, view inappropriate content, etc it could have a negative impact on your life.

Use it to keep in touch with out of state friends and family, coordinate events in your community, etc it can have a positive impact on your life.

It's up to the user, much like anything we have in life.

You can blame social media for Linday's death, (and I'm not victim blaming here) but she was dating a married man and had him as a friend on her Facebook page when she announced that she was in a new relationship, after he had began stalking her and contacting her friends to obtain information about her (who had advised her to speak with police, which she did not).

I see that. So what you are saying is that this comes from FB. Correct?

I did not post the picture, you will have to ask the poster instead of a random member. But I do believe that picture was taken from the Facebook page for the girls.

Ages behind on posts. Have not checked the thread in awhile. So glad to see that it is still active. Thank you to our intrepid sleuthers. Keeping the faith that you finally get justice Lyric and Lizzie.

You can blame social media for Linday's death, (and I'm not victim blaming here) but she was dating a married man and had him as a friend on her Facebook page when she announced that she was in a new relationship, after he had began stalking her and contacting her friends to obtain information about her (who had advised her to speak with police, which she did not).

Lindsay's father is LE. Lindsay made her choices and they may have not been the best but in no way did she deserve to die. Lindsay's one year anniversary of returning to heaven was today.

She was not raped before she was murdered but TN and JN (Dad and Stepmom) have been present with the girls parents. To my knowledge in this area a girl has not been raped then murdered. I'll keep digging though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot about Jetseta Gage from Cedar Rapids, approximately 50 miles south of Edale. Jetseta was kidnapped, raped then murdered. The murderer was a friend of the family and a convicted sex offender.

http://thegazette.com/2010/03/23/jetseta-gage-murder-and-abuse-cases-timeline/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the love of all that is Holy...I did NOT know this. :what:

Generally speaking, women do not abduct for sexual purposes.

They abduct their own children, and some sad individuals because they just want a baby.

The 68% female involvement refers to ALL abductions, most of which only last a few days before the child is found or returned safe.

Only a very small percentage of abducted children are taken by a sexual predator, and male sexual predators outnumber female ones by about 100 to one.

Was the changing of the street name pushed by the family of the victim or just by some unrelated group or organization? Also, was the street name for one of the adults or one of the kids? And was the uproar limited to the Internet or did people speak out against it at town council meetings, to the media, etc? And was it one of the bigger cities in CT?

IIRC, the controversy was that said street has been around since Colonial times, so many were opposed. I see that they are a naming a new school after her.

snip- "It is also uncertain what sentimental value North Parade holds. The name has been around since the ground where the school and town hall now sit was a military training area during colonial times."

Petition asks for a street named for Victoria Soto, a teacher slain at Sandy Hook

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Petition-asks-for-a-street-named-for-Victoria-4145383.php

http://ctlatinonews.com/blog/2013/01/15/stratford-school-will-be-memorial-for-victoria-soto/

Regarding Lizzie's purse - I've wondered if there might have been a note left in there from the abductor. Maybe telling LE he had the girls, they wouldn't be hurt if certain things were done?:waitasec:

LE stated they had evidence the girls were alive, and sent that evidence to the lab. So at least, in the beginning, it wasn't just lack of bodies that made LE feel the girls were alive - there was something more definite. JMO.

Respectfully, why drain the lake if LE knew they'd been abducted? Wouldn't LE have then called this a kidnapping?

Maybe the message on Drew's phone WAS the reason they thought the girls were alive, as some here have theorized? Idk :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska