IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:15 is Grandma's last sighting, remember? :waitasec:

I wanted to believe 12:23 was a tip as well, until Grandma's sighting was 12:15. I then came to the conclusion that 12:23 then became the official video time. IMO only of course, since LE isn't using the timestamp of the video as any of their given times.

12:15 relates to the video. Wylma last saw the children cycling towards the shopping center. We have always known about the 12:15 time.

In September, police said that they had information that the children were on Brovan at 12:23.

... two separate times

You know I never thought about that but your right.

He's just a cyclist that spoke to police on the trail on Monday after the abduction. He then went to the media (who snapped a photo of him talking to police) and told them his story. Whatever he said did not matter to police and they have ignored his media remarks throughout this case.

I know your theory.:innocent::silenced:

I was just asking if some locals might believe a family member or someone in his/her/their circle of friends was involved in the abduction and murders of the girls. If anyone thinks this terrible crime was committed by someone within the family or their circle of friends, perhaps they aren't worried that the killer will strike again.

I'm definitely not saying this is what happened, I was just kind of following up on your prior post with a random thought.

To tell you the truth, I don't hear anyone talking between themselves about this case, which is wierd I think. I mean even my very nosey mail lady doesn't say anything.

He's just a cyclist that spoke to police on the trail on Monday after the abduction. He then went to the media (who snapped a photo of him talking to police) and told them his story. Whatever he said did not matter to police and they have ignored his media remarks throughout this case.

Yup, very strange indeedy.

12:15 relates to the video. Wylma last saw the children cycling towards the shopping center. We have always known about the 12:15 time.

In September, police said that they had information that the children were on Brovan at 12:23.

... two separate times

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_87408126-d217-11e1-aec0-0019bb2963f4.html

The girls were last seen last seen riding bikes near downtown Evansdale — close to the Collins’ home, 166 Brovan Blvd. — by their grandmother, Wylma Cook, at 12:15 p.m. Friday. Wylma was baby-sitting the youngsters.

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

The girls were seen at about 12:23 p.m. July 13 on Brovan Boulevard in Evansdale

The girls’ grandmother, Wylma Cook, told the press she last saw the girls riding their bikes near downtown Evansdale about 12:15 p.m. July 13.

I know there were 2 separate times. It's determining which time relates to what.

I'm sure all of us could post links confirming separate times with separate references as to which time is which.

One thing that is for certain...LE isn't using 12:11 OR 12:19 in their timeline and it is a timestamp on a video. 12:11 timestamp, corrected by the owner of the video to 12:19. Neither are used. WHY NOT?

I mean, honestly, if this doesn't proove that LE is being intently vague I don't know what does.

Also, it is my understanding that if someone were to walk out of Leiberman's with a reciept from there with a timestamp, they would be walking out towards Lafayette, not Brovan. Anyone who had walked out the back of the auction house would have more than likely been an employee and caught on video.

:waitasec:

I'm still bewildered on why the community isn't demanding answers. On all the cases I have seen where children are murdered, the community is so involved, not in gazebos and cutie stuff, but involved in wanting justice. I don't understand the silence, I don't understand why this isn't shouted from the roof tops everyday. Two little girls were abducted than murdered, and the killer is out there! If I had young children or tweens, I would be so afraid to let them out of my sight. I'm sorry, I just need to get this off my chest.

I couldn't agree more! It is as if nobody cares if the killer is ever brought to justice.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_87408126-d217-11e1-aec0-0019bb2963f4.html

The girls were last seen last seen riding bikes near downtown Evansdale — close to the Collins’ home, 166 Brovan Blvd. — by their grandmother, Wylma Cook, at 12:15 p.m. Friday. Wylma was baby-sitting the youngsters.

The girls were seen at about 12:23 p.m. July 13 on Brovan Boulevard in Evansdale

The girls’ grandmother, Wylma Cook, told the press she last saw the girls riding their bikes near downtown Evansdale about 12:15 p.m. July 13.

I know there were 2 separate times. It's determining which time relates to what.

I'm sure all of us could post links confirming separate times with separate references as to which time is which.

One thing that is for certain...LE isn't using 12:11 OR 12:19 in their timeline and it is a timestamp on a video. 12:11 timestamp, corrected by the owner of the video to 12:19. Neither are used. WHY NOT?

I mean, honestly, if this doesn't proove that LE is being intently vague I don't know what does.

Also, it is my understanding that if someone were to walk out of Leiberman's with a reciept from there with a timestamp, they would be walking out towards Lafayette, not Brovan. Anyone who had walked out the back of the auction house would have more than likely been an employee and caught on video.

I'm not sure if this relates to what you are saying,but I think the camera was placed in the back of the auction house because that is where the items to be auctioned would be brought in and out thru a large door. If a burglar were to steal a large ticket item he would have to go out the back.

I am surprised by how many people TG saw at the lake that day, who was there within seconds of the girls, yet no one saw what happened to the girls (or if they did it wasn't enough for an arrest or to nail down details for the public). It was his daily bike ride, so remembering who he saw where all along his bike ride is pretty surprising. It's harder to remember what was where when you are in your regular routine, unless something stood out as different.

Something did stand out as different.

By 5pm that day the entire town knew the girls had gone missing and their bikes were found at the lake.

TG swerved past the bikes and actually glanced around for the owners but no one was there.

That is a somewhat unusual event that even I would remember 4 hours later.

:cow:

We're talking about 4 minutes on either side of 12:15. I really don't think that we can conclude that police are deliberately being vague about the time. It seems like they are splitting the difference and leaving it at that.

There are photos of the Cornbelt Auction on the internet, interior and exterior, and it is possible to exit on either side: front or back. There is no reason to assume that someone would exit with their purchase at the front or the back as either is possible.

By 5pm that day the entire town knew the girls had gone missing and their bikes were found at the lake.

TG swerved past the bikes and actually glanced around for the owners but no one was there.

Any thoughts on why the police are completely disinterested in his comments to the media?

How on earth do you know that? Are you privy to the details of the investigation that not even a good journalist can pry out?

If he was looking for his 15 minutes of fame, he would've claimed he saw the girls, or saw the perp.

He claimed neither.

All the poor man ever said is that he went past two bikes at the lake.

That's it. He didn't even say what time he saw them in the media, that came via fb and his daughter (who also joined here to defend her dad, remember?)

Why are two bikes unattended unusual? Unless your super glued to the seat, people do get off their bikes.

How on earth do you know that?????

If he was looking for his 15 minutes of fame, he would've claimed he saw the girls, or saw the perp.

He claimed neither.

All the poor man ever said is that he went past the bikes at the lake.

That's it. He didn't even say what time he saw them in the media, that came via fb and his daughter (who also joined here to defend her dad, remember?)

I know that (whatever he said did not matter to police and they have ignored his media remarks throughout this case) because I've followed the case since July 13 and I have heard Abben say on video that he knows nothing about the cyclist ... after the cyclist made himself known to media. I also know that (whatever he said did not matter to police and they have ignored his media remarks throughout this case) because police have released the timeline and identified the first sighting of the bikes at the gate as 2:00 ... by a jogger. This conclusively excludes a cyclist sighting at 12:20. The cyclist remarks are further excluded by the police timeline.

I don't know if the man is poor (don't recall reading that), but whatever he said about 12:20, prior to his phone call to his daughter at a different location at 12:28, is irrelevant to the case.

Why would a cyclist and his daughter need to be defended? Is it important for the cyclist to involve himself in this case and, if so, why?

The cyclist should have seen the girls at Elmer and Gilbert, near Arbutus, or on the Evansdale Nature Trail ... but he didn't. That's the curious thing.

I'm not sure if this relates to what you are saying,but I think the camera was placed in the back of the auction house because that is where the items to be auctioned would be brought in and out thru a large door. If a burglar were to steal a large ticket item he would have to go out the back.

I agree on the location of the video being in the back. It makes perfect sense. My point was really that the normal everyday purchase, and someone would refer to their reciept as to when they saw the girls, would be out the FRONT door. I'm not aware of the girls being seen on Lafayette which would be out the front door.

It appears the parking is in the front of the building, so normally people would walk in closest to their car.

IF someone came out the back door, they would have been caught on video and the auction house could hopefully locate their reciept/name to question them as to whether or not they saw the girls when they were coming out.

I agree on the location of the video being in the back. It makes perfect sense. My point was really that the normal everyday purchase, and someone would refer to their reciept as to when they saw the girls, would be out the FRONT door. I'm not aware of the girls being seen on Lafayette which would be out the front door.

Have a look at the interior photos and decide for yourself ... does it look like the door at the back would be used as often as the door at the front? It does to me.

Why are two bikes unattended unusual? Unless your super glued to the seat, people do get off their bikes.

Not only that, but he saw two people fishing at the lake. I'd think if I saw two unattended bikes and two people fishing, I'd deduct that the fishermen rode the bikes.

The place is so old looking and abandoned that it might not have a lot of customers coming and going.

Have a look at the interior photos and decide for yourself ... does it look like the door at the back would be used as often as the door at the front? It does to me.

Is there a photo in particular you have in mind? The bottom right one is the only one that looks like it has the back door in it, unless I am mistaken. I'm not doubting that the backdoor is used frequently, I've seen many business who utilize the back door just as much as the front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV