IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the 3D park model renderings, I think I need to post a note about copyright. At this time, while we're still trying to better understand exactly what is being done regarding the memorial for the girls, I would prefer that the renderings posted here remain here. That is, if anyone is inclined to copy the renderings for the purpose of posting them elsewhere, please contact me first.
Cheers

securedownload.jpg Here is a pic of the river at seven bridges. 4/7/2013. Please be patient with me I went to us cellular and they said some of the pics on my phone are to large to send so I have to find my usb cable to download to my pc. I will find that cable, or I will buy a new one.

Didn't they have a celebration of life service for Elizabeth after the girls' bodies were recovered? Is is SOP to have a second event for a burial service? Will this also be an event to keep donations for the island gazebo park flowing? Just curious. May 4 is still a little less than a month away. I do hope this will help in the Collins' healing process.

I don't understand the second service either. I wonder if LE is hoping the perp will attend and thats why it is open to the public? IDK.

Not sure if this was posted yet...gives some info on the project, who's working/volunteering, donations etc.

http://www.creativeimpactco.com/content/EvansdaleMarch12013.pdf

I can't open the link that was posted a few replies back...sorry if it's a duplicate.

Thank you. The first article says:
The park will include several gazebos and a larger shelter for large gatherings and other events.

Contractors Jeff Stickfort and Chris Webb began working on a Stage 1 project (creating access to the island) on Tuesday morning. This particular project was approved by the Evansdale Parks Department on Saturday,
February 23rd. This project has been financed entirely by donations and volunteer work. Companies involved in the work on Tuesday included Frickson Excavating, Quam Trucking, and Bob Walters and Sons. Several other
Your Source for local coverage in Evansdale, Elk Run, Raymond and surrounding communities.

The second article says:
A memorial will call its home on the island on Meyers Lake. It will feature a road connecting the island to the park and on the island will be a gazebo large enough to hold events along with a rose garden.

I don't understand the second service either. I wonder if LE is hoping the perp will attend and thats why it is open to the public? IDK.

I believe the first service "Celebration of Life" was also open to the public. Maybe they are looking for the perp to attend. It would not surprise me.

Thank you. The first article says:

The second article says:

It's a bit confusing, almost like two people were interviewed and they provided different information. Five gazebos and a shelter, or one large gazebo that can be used to host larger events.

Either way, I'm stumped about what phase 2 of the project will look like. Phase 1 has to be flattening the ground on the Island and laying sod - if sod is in the plan. I've updated the model to have a road connecting the Island rather than a bridge (a bridge was in the illustration). I'll hold off regarding one big gazebo or one smaller gazebo.

I wonder if the companies that are involved are donating time and equipment, or if they're charging for the work. I would hope that they are either donating the time and equipment ... or at the very least, giving a huge discount.

Had the girls' remains (hate typing those words) been released by the time of the memorial service? I can't remember.

Unrelated to Liz and Lyric, but a bit of info about winter v. spring burials, and why it may have been necessary to wait:

"Deep snow makes it nearly impossible to find grave locations and buries headstones, which could be damaged by backhoes and other grave-digging equipment, funeral directors say. And roads leading to cemeteries also would have to be plowed, an expense that neither the cemetery owners nor families can afford."

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/918658/396/In-N-Dakota-winter-death-can-mean-spring-burial

ETA--That was for you Cinder--I thought I quoted your post, but didn't.

Yesterday I walked the area of maiden lane, in the woody area. As I said earlier it is very easy to walk thru there, more so than I thought when there was a lot of foilage in the summer. While walking I kept my eyes to the ground just looking at some of the discarded trash, bottles, a large piece of carpet and I found a letter that was enclosed in plastic, it was a prayer. This is what it says.

Novena for Missing Children

O Blessed Mother Mary, As young parents you and St. Joseph knew the heartbreak of a missing child. We turn to you now and ask your intercession now for Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey who are missing.
Place your loving arms around them today keep them safe and sound. Let no harm come to them before they are found and returned home. Pray for their parents, families and friends whose grief is inconsolable.
Pray for all who are working night and day to find and rescue them.
We place this petition before you,confident of your love and compassion for all parents and children, especially those who are in danger or lost. We ask this through Christ our Lord Mary, Mother of God, pray for us St. Antony of Padua, patron of the lost, pray for us.

(Add your own prayer or pray an our Father Hail Mary and Glory Be ) Amen.

I'm not Catholic so I don''t know what Novena means. ? And I also found a very large green Cabelas shopping bag. I picked it up and looked at it because as we know, hunters shop at Cabelas.

Yesterday I walked the area of maiden lane, in the woody area. As I said earlier it is very easy to walk thru there, more so than I thought when there was a lot of foilage in the summer. While walking I kept my eyes to the ground just looking at some of the discarded trash, bottles, a large piece of carpet and I found a letter that was enclosed in plastic, it was a prayer. This is what it says.

Novena for Missing Children

O Blessed Mother Mary, As young parents you and St. Joseph knew the heartbreak of a missing child. We turn to you now and ask your intercession now for Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey who are missing.
Place your loving arms around them today keep them safe and sound. Let no harm come to them before they are found and returned home. Pray for their parents, families and friends whose grief is inconsolable.
Pray for all who are working night and day to find and rescue them.
We place this petition before you,confident of your love and compassion for all parents and children, especially those who are in danger or lost. We ask this through Christ our Lord Mary, Mother of God, pray for us St. Antony of Padua, patron of the lost, pray for us.

(Add your own prayer or pray an our Father Hail Mary and Glory Be ) Amen.

I'm not Catholic so I don''t know what Novena means. ? And I also found a very large green Cabelas shopping bag. I picked it up and looked at it because as we know, hunters shop at Cabelas.

A novena is a series of prayers that are said for nine straight days.

She is! I told my husband there was NO WAY I was going up there alone...let alone into the park by myself. :)

When we got to the gate and it was closed for traffic I hesitated to even walk into the park on foot.

She's brave :) She was armed with her camera and was on a mission. Not me. I'm a chicken. :floorlaugh:

One thing I will mention (and you will see in the video once I can get it posted) is that there is a deer cam cabled to a tree facing right in the area of where the bodies were found. :great: Maybe they can catch someone coming back to the scene of their crime??

On the other hand...it almost makes me wonder if they don't have any idea of who did it and are hoping to find a link via the deer cam. Maybe I will get brought in for questioning as to why I was there. :what: Oh well...I've got nothing to hide.

I highly doubt that though...there was a beaten path from the turnabout all the way to where the bodies were found...as well as wreaths and flowers placed right where the sheets were that we saw in the aerial pics so it appears lots of people have been there to visit the site. :(

I'm sure there are other cam's I didn't happen to see (probably at the entrance of the park...and along the path that I didn't notice)...but I was happy to see they are watching the area of where the girls were found.

If they DO question me as to why I was there, they are opening a whole can of worms because I'll be more than happy to share my thoughts (as well as everything else we've discussed) on this whole case. I'm taking you all down with me. They are gonna really think I'm a nutcase when I start questioning THEM on everything we've haggled over for the last 9 months. :floorlaugh:

BBM

:floorlaugh:

Should we start preparing our list of questions now?

Had the girls' remains (hate typing those words) been released by the time of the memorial service? I can't remember.

Unrelated to Liz and Lyric, but a bit of info about winter v. spring burials, and why it may have been necessary to wait:

"Deep snow makes it nearly impossible to find grave locations and buries headstones, which could be damaged by backhoes and other grave-digging equipment, funeral directors say. And roads leading to cemeteries also would have to be plowed, an expense that neither the cemetery owners nor families can afford."

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/918658/396/In-N-Dakota-winter-death-can-mean-spring-burial

ETA--That was for you Cinder--I thought I quoted your post, but didn't.

BBM

The girls' remains were not released at the time of the memorials - there were still forensic tests being conducted on them.

There has been no official word from LE regarding release of the remains, but since Lizzie will be buried on May 4, at least her remains have been released. JMO

BBM

The girls' remains were not released at the time of the memorials - there were still forensic tests being conducted on them.

There has been no official word from LE regarding release of the remains, but since Lizzie will be buried on May 4, at least her remains have been released. JMO

What would the reason be for keeping the remains for so long? I mean it shouldn't take that long to collect evidence.

It's a bit confusing, almost like two people were interviewed and they provided different information. Five gazebos and a shelter, or one large gazebo that can be used to host larger events.

Either way, I'm stumped about what phase 2 of the project will look like. Phase 1 has to be flattening the ground on the Island and laying sod - if sod is in the plan. I've updated the model to have a road connecting the Island rather than a bridge (a bridge was in the illustration). I'll hold off regarding one big gazebo or one smaller gazebo.

I wonder if the companies that are involved are donating time and equipment, or if they're charging for the work. I would hope that they are either donating the time and equipment ... or at the very least, giving a huge discount.

I don't know about all of the time and equipment going forward, but I know the tree cutting was done by volunteers:

For about a month volunteers have been cleaning out brush and timber on the island. But during the process, they also ended up removing many of the trees which has some people concerned.

Volunteers say they weren’t planning to remove all the trees, but they weren’t healthy.

http://whotv.com/2013/04/03/angels-park-volunteers-urge-patience/

Here's a comment about how much money will be spent on this project:

There are no limits for Angels Park, it all depends on how much money volunteers raise.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Volunteers-Get-to-Work-on-Creating-Angels-Park-201173521.html

She needs a software that will convert it to image frames, rotate each image
frame, then recombine into a new moving image (movie). The simplest way to
do this is to convert it to an a.v.i. An avi is composed of bitmaps (bmp image
files). Then rotate each bmp and recombine all the bmp's in proper order.
There is freeware that will do this (Handy AVI). Otherwise you will need a more
sophisticated software which can deal with the files at hand and rotate and
reassemble them..

I am always getting vids from family who forget to rotate the camera to
the UP^ position ... its sort of funny watching the grandkids, from the
side!:seeya:..... I hand out advice but nobody listens. So Im use to my
grandkids upsidedown! :seeya: or tilted 45 -90 degrees. The camera doesnt know
how its being held or it would say "Ooooops. Wrong angle". The future will accomodate
that.

There is probably someone else here familiar with what to do ... Let's see ...
for volunteers.

When I get picture's that are sideway I put themm in my Picture's and rotate them till there upright . Hope that help's some Pat

I hope not for sure, but if this case does go from cold to freezing, will LE release any details at all? I know most of the cold cases I have seen and researched, LE releases info.

I don't know about all of the time and equipment going forward, but I know the tree cutting was done by volunteers:

For about a month volunteers have been cleaning out brush and timber on the island. But during the process, they also ended up removing many of the trees which has some people concerned.

Volunteers say they weren’t planning to remove all the trees, but they weren’t healthy.

http://whotv.com/2013/04/03/angels-park-volunteers-urge-patience/

Here's a comment about how much money will be spent on this project:

There are no limits for Angels Park, it all depends on how much money volunteers raise.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Volunteers-Get-to-Work-on-Creating-Angels-Park-201173521.html

That doesn't make sense to me. The park would look awkward and incomplete if they are only able to raise enough money to pay for like 1/5 of the planned construction. Another thing that shows how unorganized they are, that they can't even bother to come up with an estimate for the cost.

That doesn't make sense to me. The park would look awkward and incomplete if they are only able to raise enough money to pay for like 1/5 of the planned construction. Another thing that shows how unorganized they are, that they can't even bother to come up with an estimate for the cost.

I absolutely agree.

I believe the first service "Celebration of Life" was also open to the public. Maybe they are looking for the perp to attend. It would not surprise me.

IMO, the perp attended the Celebration of Life and will also attend the funeral service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop