IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ww.iowasportsman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=10&showtopic=783098&show=20&page=2

I had wondered if there was a site for hunters to blog and found one. A poster on this page is talking about how seven bridges has a lot of snakes. They also have a thread for our girls, I read all of it, much of the same of what we discuss on here. Wish the killer would have been bitten by several snakes.

In some cases, such as the death of a minor or infant, certificates may be kept confidential from the public as requested by legal guardian and therefore cannot be obtained by the general public but rather through immediate family members.

Death certificate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBM

I can't find anything specific to Iowa regarding death certificates of minors.

Geez, isn't a gazebo enough? What about a purple bench for Lyric?

Money for the bench is being raised by school children and the bench will be placed at Lizzie's school. I think it's kind of sweet.

Money for the bench is being raised by school children and the bench will be placed at Lizzie's school. I think it's kind of sweet.

Oops :blushing: didn't realize it would be put at the school. Sorry, I'm bad, it is sweet.

I think it is a sweet idea too! Lizzie must not be forgotten, nor Lyric. It is a good idea to have their classmates and friends participate in such projects so that the girls are remembered and everyone is reminded that there are dangerous people in our society. It is sad that children must learn to not trust everyone, but it is a necessity for survival in this world.

I think it is a sweet idea too! Lizzie must not be forgotten, nor Lyric. It is a good idea to have their classmates and friends participate in such projects so that the girls are remembered and everyone is reminded that there are dangerous people in our society. It is sad that children must learn to not trust everyone, but it is a necessity for survival in this world.

It is very sad I can't imagine having a classmate murdered and nobody arrested for it. I hope the children and parents in the community are coping with the difficult situation as well as they can and remaining vigilant. It worries me that summer is coming up children are carefree and they and their parents let their guard down and the killer strikes again. I hope so badly this doesn't happen.

OT: There was another Elizabeth Collins from Charlotte NC who was 47 years old found safe. Just thought I'd share.

A year after the girls vanishing is almost upon us. IMO LE should consider releasing a bit more information regarding what they do know. What they are doing now obviously isn't working in regard to catching those responsible.
I wasn't able to find any recent news releases regarding this case. Who knows if LE is even still getting tips!?
Anyone local....are there family members fighting to keep this case alive?

Sex Offenders

Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers, in partnership with “Bring our Children Home”, is asking for the public’s help in locating and documenting “missing” sex offenders in the State of Iowa. Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward for anyone who provides information leading to the location and documentation of these sex offenders. Information on these sex offenders is public record and is located on www.iowasexoffender.com. Not all sex offenders listed are accused of sexually assaulting children. These sexual offenders are not to be assaulted, harassed or threatened. Doing so is illegal and may result in criminal charges. Most importantly, it may cause the offender to go on the run again. Please call local law enforcement or the Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at 855-300-TIPS (8477) with information.
-Bring our Children Home is a non-profit organization dedicated to keeping children safe from sexual predators.

A Memorial Ride (and Drive) in Honor of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

When: Saturday, July 13th, 2013

Where: Ride Begins and ends at Lofty’s Lounge, 3480 Lafayette Rd, Evensdale, IA

Time: Ride begins at 11:00am

Pre-register for this even by calling Chris Webb (319-504-1643)

Proceeds from this event will go toward Cedar Valley Crimestoppers, various memorials in Evansdale, and the “Bring Our Children Home” organization.

http://www.cvcrimestop.com/

Black Hawk County Government Works for you

Elected Officials are the board of supervisors, recorder, treasurer, auditor, sheriff and county attorney.
Each official is elected to a four-year term.When is this county's next election? These officials need to know that there are folks who demand information/updates/progress reports regarding LC and EC's case.

http://www.co.black-hawk.ia.us/elected.html

http://www.bhcso.org/UserFiles/docs/Press Update 121712.pdf

This is the last sheriff department's release that I'm able to find!? WTH

I am somewhat struck by the closing paragraph in the above:

"We want to caution the public to not act independent of law enforcement by harassing or taking matters into their own hands toward individual(s) law enforcement may have contact with, based upon hearsay and assumptions they may have heard. The public should continue to assist law enforcement by coming forward with information they may by calling the Tip Line(s) at:" 319- 232 - 6682 or 1 - 855 - 300 - TIPS or emailing: ourmissingiowagirls@dps.state.ia.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member