IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is related:

"Waterloo police continue to investigate the attempted abduction of a grade school student after class Wednesday.

According to the girl's account, a black van stopped at the intersection, and the woman exited the vehicle and grabbed her. When the girl pulled free and ran off, the woman returned to the van, which drove south on Idaho toward Dubuque Road.

Police said the suspect is described as a middle-age white female with gray hair. She is around 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a medium build and wearing a black shirt and black pants.

The driver is described as a middle-aged black male with gray hair. He was driving a black van with no windows and license plate that may include the numbers "1050."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_41c6eb80-b29f-11e2-bfd3-001a4bcf887a.html

If the children were approached by a woman, they may have had their guard down.

The tombstone read, "Daddy's Little Girl". This is the first time I really broke down in sobs watching the video clip of her funeral. Rest in peace sweet angel I never knew, but feel very close to.

Easy mistake to make, but that link is to Waterloo, Canada news, not Waterloo, IA.

Thanks. I guess it's still possible that the girls were abducted by this couple. Hopefully someone knows this couple and that they can be ruled in or out regarding Lyric and Elizabeth.

I didn't even realize that was Kelly. Poor Wylma. My heart breaks for her, too.

Way way OT, but can anyone recommend a good search engine or paid site for finding people?? I actually found the person I'm looking for on ancestry.com, but i don't have a membership to get more info. And the info it does show is not helpful. Any suggestions?

Way way OT, but can anyone recommend a good search engine or paid site for finding people?? I actually found the person I'm looking for on ancestry.com, but i don't have a membership to get more info. And the info it does show is not helpful. Any suggestions?

Search facebook or if you know where the person is kinda from you can try online yellow and white pages.

I have ancestry.com membership and would be willing to help you, if I can. PM the name of the person and what you need, if interested.

If it is an ancestor, Family Search and Rootsweb are very good, free too. On either, or both, the 1880 Federal Census should be free to look at and search. I have not been on them for awhile, but found lots of my American ancestors using both. Good luck!

At a loss for words today, feeling angry about people who seem to be getting away with things like this. I don't know what other info they could provide that wouldn't hurt their case but it seems like what ever is going on, it's just not working.

I still read every post and check for updates daily. I don't want y'all to think I've abandoned our little girls, I just don't have much to add recently.

:ditto: :cowcouch: :lurk: The next Friday the 13th will be in September. . .

That's probably why she fought so hard to get away, and how she, or someone, got a partial plate. Nothing like an abduction happening so close to home to keep the kids on their toes. And, it being 4 digits in the.license plate, that tells me that its not an Iowa plate. We have 3 digits and 3 letters.

Sorry, I know this was from a few days ago and may have already been covered but in Illinois we have four numbers.

Sorry, I know this was from a few days ago and may have already been covered but in Illinois we have four numbers.

Id like to know if they have an idea of the state. If so, they haven't released it.

OT: sure you have all heard by now the 3 girls found alive that have been missing 10+ years in Cleveland...
the guy was friends with the one girl's family; even on fb!, lived only a few blocks from where they went missing,,,right among them as LE stated in this case.
I would bet it's the same in this case.
I really hope locals keep their eyes and ears open.
They hide in plain site as John Walsh just said on TV regarding the Cleveland case.

OT: sure you have all heard by now the 3 girls found alive that have been missing 10+ years in Cleveland...
the guy was friends with the one girl's family; even on fb!, lived only a few blocks from where they went missing,,,right among them as LE stated in this case.

I would bet it's the same in this case.
I really hope locals keep their eyes and ears open.
They hide in plain site as John Walsh just said on TV regarding the Cleveland case.

I had the same thought ... I did speak to civic and scouting leaders last
Saturday regarding the girls and child safety-protection. Scouting leaders
said they have already been doing programs with parents and children 'at
the entry level' ... and they repeat these programs periodically for the
older Scouts (girls and boys). The group gathered was receptive to
my message ... I will do a follow up mid summer and remind them this is
important and needs regular attention.

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics