IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way way OT, but can anyone recommend a good search engine or paid site for finding people?? I actually found the person I'm looking for on ancestry.com, but i don't have a membership to get more info. And the info it does show is not helpful. Any suggestions?

Call your local library's reference desk. Librarians are the best search engine!

Call your local library's reference desk. Librarians are the best search engine!

RNER found the family of the person I was looking for. My mother's first boyfriend from 1946!!! I had pictures of the mystery man with a few details. We sleuthers put our heads together, and now the family will soon have a few pictures of their father / grandfather from 67 years ago that they probably didnt know existed.

RNER, you rock!!
:thumbup:

Thak you Ommmmm! Why in the world are we not seeing a composite sketch of these individuals???????? :banghead: It does not make sense to me. . . the 9 y/o obviously got a good look. Come on LE give the public something!!!! :steamed: :rage: I guarantee you the people that did this to Elizabeth and Lyric are LTFAO that they got away with it and they will do it again. Oh sure Dan's locked up and maybe a lot of people do believe he did it, but the real perps are loving this . . . How many children will it take? :jail: :silenced: Sure, the island is a lovely memorial, BUT how many gazebos is it going to take before LE catches the perps. And yes, I definitely believe there is more than one and the "unique" situation could very well be a man and a woman!! I am so angry :stormingmad: Time for a break!! Waterloo, Evansdale, all surrounding communities in Blackhawk, Grundy, Bremer - BEWARE! The KILLERS are still among you! :banghead:

OT: sure you have all heard by now the 3 girls found alive that have been missing 10+ years in Cleveland...
the guy was friends with the one girl's family; even on fb!, lived only a few blocks from where they went missing,,,right among them as LE stated in this case.
I would bet it's the same in this case.
I really hope locals keep their eyes and ears open.
They hide in plain site as John Walsh just said on TV regarding the Cleveland case.

Thank the Good Lord that somebody had the "balls", (pardon my French) to step in and rescue these women and the child. Now if only LE in Black Hawk would start releasing some REAL information in Elizabeth and Lyric's case instead of all these namby-pamby statements with NO FREAKIN' real information that helps ANYBODY and grow some cajones and get down to catching these killers that want to harm YOUR kids! Oh my God! Don't get me wrong! I'm glad these women were rescued, but it is NO THANKS to LE!

RNER found the family of the person I was looking for. My mother's first boyfriend from 1946!!! I had pictures of the mystery man with a few details. We sleuthers put our heads together, and now the family will soon have a few pictures of their father / grandfather from 67 years ago that they probably didnt know existed.

RNER, you rock!!
:thumbup:

I am glad I could help. Genealogy has been my passion and obsession for 30 years and your search was much easier than my own family searches. Searches sure are easier (most of the time) with the use of the internet and computer and memberships to certain search sites (including websleuths). I love helping people connect with their past!

I agree that "we sleuthers put our heads together". I feel that we all contribute our own level of expertise, experience, and qualities to this forum. Whether it's the abilty to pull up records, provide statistics, design graphics and maps, engage in up close and personal local coverage, present theories and ideas, express opinions and disagreements, interpret media and LE briefings, we share the same passion and goal as the strength and the voice of the victims!

Retracting my statement that I believe the girls were killed on the 13th. Sapphire Steel was right. The girls could have been alive as late as the 910 House blitz during August/September. The perps were scared and killed the girls after they realized LE was still pursing the lead "the girls were still alive" by the FBI. :notgood:

Retracting my statement that I believe the girls were killed on the 13th. Sapphire Steel was right. The girls could have been alive as late as the 910 House blitz during August/September. The perps were scared and killed the girls after they realized LE was still pursing the lead "the girls were still alive" by the FBI. :notgood:

I still think the girls were killed on July 13th. JMO.

Thank you Marilyn. I respect your opinion immensely! I truly hope that is what happened. The girls should not have had to endure days, even months of torture. I just hope LE didn't tell the parents what they wanted to hear.

For what it's worth:

Upcoming Sheriff's Town Hall Meetings:

TownHallicon.jpg
Sheriff Tony Thompson has scheduled a monthly series of meetings in order to provide a transparent look at the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office, allow the community to voice concerns, and spotlight programs and services offered by the Sheriff's Office. Everyone is welcome to attend! Day/Time City Location
May 9th
6:30pm
Raymond Raymond City Hall, 101 1st Street, Raymond​

http://www.bhcso.org/Default.aspx

I'm trying to catch up here, however I'm wondering if LE ever release the cause of death for these two young girls? Also, was it ever stated that the girls were sexually assaulted or not?

I'm trying to catch up here, however I'm wondering if LE ever release the cause of death for these two young girls? Also, was it ever stated that the girls were sexually assaulted or not?

not that I am aware of, they have never released any info since they were found...

Police have stated that they are not going to release the details of how the children were murdered in order to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Police have stated that they are not going to release the details of how the children were murdered in order to protect the integrity of the investigation.

In fact, technically we don't even know the girls were murdered since LE hasn't classified their deaths as homicides.

Isn't the death certificate a public record?? Is there someone here with access??

Isn't the death certificate a public record?? Is there someone here with access??

Good point! Anyone that lives in the area should be able to go to where ever records are kept to request that information (Waterloo?). I suppose the certificate will say that the cause of death is either homicide, or undetermined.

Good point! Anyone that lives in the area should be able to go to where ever records are kept to request that information (Waterloo?). I suppose the certificate will say that the cause of death is either homicide, or undetermined.

I suspect there is not a cause of death listed the certificate yet. I believe ME can delay that information for some time - years even.

I wonder if it is closed to the public because it's a high profile case?

Good Morning, I'm just doing my daily routine. Kwwl..check. Local news...check. Then come here, and get depressed because there is still no news. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qfemale