IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked his other cases for the sentencing of drugs and there's been no update to delay. So far, just the domestic abuse one is delayed..

IIRC, Dan wanted this trial to go forward. You think that by now, all of the witnesses would be scheduled and ready to go.

It's only the domestic assault charge that is mentioned in the article. I checked his drug cases where he plead guilty and there's no updates to them so far. With it being witness scheduling, I did checked "Who's in jail".

Morrissey also is awaiting a trial on a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge. A trial in that case is scheduled for April 29 in Davenport, and prosecutors want a delay in that trial until drug charges are resolved.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vi...Evansdale-girl-pleads-not-guilty-drug-charges

BBM

I wonder if this domestic abuse trial will ever take place. It doesn't seem the prosecutors care about it too much - they just want to try Dan on the drug charges. JMO

Here's the article that said Dan wanted the April 29th trial to go forward:

Trial in that case is slated for April 29 in Davenport, and prosecutor Brad Walz asked the court to postpone the domestic trial until after trial on the drug charges.

But defense attorney Kevin Schoeberl said Morrissey wanted to proceed with the April 29 domestic abuse trial, and Judge David Staudt agreed.

The trial is expected to last three days, and the Davenport location was chosen as part of a venue change because of pretrial publicity.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Morrissey-Pleads-Innocent-to-New-Drug-Charges-203831911.html

With witness scheduling, I wonder how Misty is doing? Or whomever needs to testify? Maybe it's the judge or attorneys who have other cases.

RIP Lyric & Elizabeth, Hailey Dunn was identified today as found too, may all of you have peace & feel the love from a force that cares. It's just horribly sad that our children are harmed, many times by a friend of the family or family themselves.

Somedays, you just want to scream about all of the murders, today is one of those days for me. smh

I haven't seen anything in MSM about the town hall meeting on Thursday in Elk Run Heights. I wonder if anyone turned up?

I haven't seen anything in MSM about the town hall meeting on Thursday in Elk Run Heights. I wonder if anyone turned up?

Hello everyone! :seeya: That is a wonderful question Marilyn. I haven't had time to look for it at KWWL. :blushing:

Hello everyone! :seeya: That is a wonderful question Marilyn. I haven't had time to look for it at KWWL. :blushing:

It's great to have you back!

I searched KWWL this morning, as well as WCF Courier, and didn't see anything. That makes me wonder if there wasn't anything of interest to report.

It's great to have you back!

I searched KWWL this morning, as well as WCF Courier, and didn't see anything. That makes me wonder if there wasn't anything of interest to report.

It's great to be back. Trying to catch up. Reading back a few pages. There are some great posts!

There will be a Memorial Ride & Drive for Lyric and Lizzie on July 13th. Half of the proceeds will go to the memorial and half will go to Cedar Valley Crimestoppers.
https://www.facebook.com/events/276929499095899/

This will be very nice for half the proceeds to go to Cedar Valley Crimestoppers. Crimestoppers is a good organization. I believe a crimestoppers tip could have led police to Hailey Dunne's remains, perhaps even her killer. We can only hope!

That is interesting that it is a Memorial Ride & Drive.. I can't seem to access FB right at the moment. Where will the Ride & Drive begin? Perhaps at The Collins' home. I assume it will end at Meyers Lake? Surely 7-Bridges would be too long a ride ? But, it would say a lot. . . IMO about where the family believes the girls were killed - Meyers Lake (or very close) or at 7-Bridges, perhaps somewhere in-between, or outer perimeter.

This will be very nice for half the proceeds to go to Cedar Valley Crimestoppers. Crimestoppers is a good organization.

That is interesting that it is a Memorial Ride & Drive.. I can't seem to access FB right at the moment. Where will the Ride & Drive begin? Perhaps at The Collins' home. I assume it will end at Meyers Lake? Surely 7-Bridges would be too long a ride ? But, it would say a lot. . . IMO about where the family believes the girls were killed - Meyers Lake (or very close) or at 7-Bridges.

Last year the ride & drive began at Lofty's Lounge in Evansdale. I don't know what changes will be made this year.

I agree that it's nice half of the proceeds will go to Crimestoppers - I'm sure the money will be greatly appreciated.

O/T - Bootsctr, are you a George Jones fan? Your names makes me think you are. RIP, George Jones.

Hi peeps! :seeya:

Haven't posted in Lyric and Lizzie's thread in months.

I am so glad to know that there is to be a memorial park at Myers Lake. I hope that children for generations will safely enjoy the island and remember the brief lives of these two little girls.

I know this might sound weird, but I wonder if those (Iowan) guys from "American Pickers" would consider helping out in some way, either by donating funds or architectural/garden features, or by using an episode of their show to get the word out about the memorial.

Just a thought. Hope it's not tacky. :blushing:

Memorial Ride (and Drive) Scheduled for July

A memorial ride and drive to celebrate the lives of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins is scheduled for Saturday, July 13, 2013.

The ride begins and ends at Lofty’s Lounge, 3480 Lafayette Road in Evansdale. The ride will begin at 11 a.m. Proceeds from the event will go toward Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers, various memorials in Evansdale, and the “Bring Our Children Home” organization.

You may pre-register for the event by calling Chris Webb at (319) 504-1643. A form for sponsorships is available at cvcrimestop.com.

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

Hi peeps! :seeya:

Haven't posted in Lyric and Lizzie's thread in months.

I am so glad to know that there is to be a memorial park at Myers Lake. I hope that children for generations will safely enjoy the island and remember the brief lives of these two little girls.

I know this might sound weird, but I wonder if those (Iowan) guys from "American Pickers" would consider helping out in some way, either by donating funds or architectural/garden features, or by using an episode of their show to get the word out about the memorial.

Just a thought. Hope it's not tacky. :blushing:

That is definitely not tacky, I think it's a wonderful idea. Let me post a message on the Angels Memorial FB page and see if anyone there wants to follow up. I like those guys on American Pickers, and it would be great publicity IMO if they participated in some way.

It's nice to see you back here.:seeya:

ETA: I just sent a message to the FB administrator for the Angels Park Memorial Island page and gave them the contact info for American Pickers.

That is definitely not tacky, I think it's a wonderful idea. Let me post a message on the Angels Memorial FB page and see if anyone there wants to follow up. I like those guys on American Pickers, and it would be great publicity IMO if they participated in some way.

It's nice to see you back here.:seeya:

ETA: I just sent a message to the FB administrator for the Angels Park Memorial Island page and gave them the contact info for American Pickers.

Wow! You're FAST! I was just fumbling around Mike Wolfe's FB page trying to figure out how to send him a message that he would actually READ! :scared:

Nice to see you, too Marylin! :seeya:

ETA: and THANK YOU!

Last year the ride & drive began at Lofty's Lounge in Evansdale. I don't know what changes will be made this year.

I agree that it's nice half of the proceeds will go to Crimestoppers - I'm sure the money will be greatly appreciated.

O/T - Bootsctr, are you a George Jones fan? Your names makes me think you are. RIP, George Jones.

Hmmmm... so they had a ride & drive last year too. That's pretty quick organization. And.... it began at Lofty's Lounge in Evansdale. Is that close to Elizabeth's house?

O/T - Most definitely a George Jones fan. He stopped loving her today. . . *sigh RIP George!

Hmmmm... so they had a ride & drive last year too. That's pretty quick organization. And.... it began at Lofty's Lounge in Evansdale. Is that close to Elizabeth's house?

O/T - Most definitely a George Jones fan. He stopped loving her today. . . *sigh RIP George!

IIRC, a ride & drive event had already been scheduled and it was changed to a ride & drive event for Lyric and Lizzie.

Here's the FB link for Lofty's Lounge: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Loftys-Lounge/238252349736

O/T (((HUGS)))

I noticed American Picker Mike Wolfe is a George Jones fan, too. Ya know, from stalking his FB page earlier, lol! :floorlaugh:

RIP, Possum!

I checked out the island today. It looks much better. They've cleaned up what was cut down. There are those temporary straw tube things around the edge of the island to keep dirt from washing into the lake.

I was in Evansdale to go to Ted's Home and Hardware. Its a new store right across from Elizabeth's house. They just unloaded plants, per their Facebook page. Its a bit cool yet, but I couldn't resist checking them out. Very nice, clean organized store. I assume it was the owner outside singing "you are my sunshine". The "clerk" that rang me up couldnt have been more than 8 years old. It was rather refreshing to shop in a small town, family owned store.

Just thought I'd share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member