IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the scanner thread for Waterloo ,Iowa located? I can't find it anywhere.

Sure enough. I say something and the scanner clams up!

I know, right??? I did both a Google and Bing search on "attempted abduction black male white female" and I got all kinds of crap. I thought wouldn't it be nice if I could just search the race, color of vehicle, etc. etc...... I did find the article about the asian male. It was mind-boggling how much info came up. And yeah, the DMV should be able to easily come up with a vehicle that matched that description. I wonder if it was an Iowa plate??

I just heard on the scanner a bit ago that there was a traffic stop at Washington and Hawthorne. It was a California plate, and it "matched the description of the vehicle from yesterday." But I have no idea if they were talking about the van. Could have been another one they were looking for.

Thank you thank you thank you! :rockon::seeya:

Oh God I hope so!:rockon:

The plate(s) could be being moved from vehicle to vehicle . . . am sure LE knows that.

Is it remotely possible that the people who killed "our two girls" ...
are still running around almost daily, in plain sight, undeterred and
uninterrupted in their exploits, .... tell me it can't be so! It can't be!
It just can't be!

Maybe we could just put up a billboard and take out ads on TV and
invite them to a party?

:seeya: Hey Ma & Pa! Call home! Call: 319-291-2515. There is an award
in it for you!

George, that is a very strange post! But, the answer is yes. And the article we just read where the two women think there children are still safe is exactly what our perps have been wanting to read. Will he try it again? Good Grief! Sometimes I feel like we still have Charles Manson out there.

George, that is a very strange post! But, the answer is yes. And the article we just read where the two women think there children are still safe is exactly what our perps have been wanting to read. Will he try it again? Good Grief! Sometimes I feel like we still have Charles Manson out there.

Yes. Mine was a strange post. Should I take it down? - I will gladly if you think its counter-productive. Just say the word.. thanks for speaking up!
G

I went ahead and deleted it - Thanks!

I need to get moving ... will be back tonight and hope I find some progress reported.
Will listen to KCRG at 10, Thank and take care - to all.

I keep thinking what T. Thompson said to me, " the case is far from cold". Do you think they are watching someone? Or do you think he said that because there are leads still coming in?

Yes. Mine was a strange post. Should I take it down? - I will gladly if you think its counter-productive. Just say the word.. thanks for speaking up!
G

I went ahead and deleted it - Thanks!

I need to get moving ... will be back tonight and hope I find some progress reported.
Will listen to KCRG at 10, Thank and take care - to all.

No, no! Don't delete it! It is true what you say. Don't leave and please come back for what you hear at 10 on KCRG.

I keep thinking what T. Thompson said to me, " the case is far from cold". Do you think they are watching someone? Or do you think he said that because there are leads still coming in?

Hi cinder! I think they are watching for anyone. I think there are leads still coming in. And, with the weather beginning to warm, people may start to remember last summer even better, if they Ponder on it long enough. It had to be such a shock to the community that people's memory did fail them at the time, but now there are once again beginning to be faint buzzes and light breezes that whisper don't forget us. . . . .

folks: if you are listening to a scanner you need to not post that info upstairs. I will see about getting the downstairs scanner thread opened back up if there is something actively going on.

thanks guys.

folks: if you are listening to a scanner you need to not post that info upstairs. I will see about getting the downstairs scanner thread opened back up if there is something actively going on.

thanks guys.

Thank you nursebeeme! Nothing going on actively. . . unfortunately at the moment! Thank you.

I highly doubt this is a "weirdo" ring. Sadly there are a lot of sickos out there, way way more than you think.

While a more densely populated area, to put it in perspective below is a link to a map showing stranger attempted Chicago child abductions over a two year period.

http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/childabductions/map.html

Note how few actually led to an arrest (see symbol key)

I highly doubt this is a "weirdo" ring. Sadly there are a lot of sickos out there, way way more than you think.

While a more densely populated area, to put it in perspective below is a link to a map showing stranger attempted Chicago child abductions over a two year period.

http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/childabductions/map.html

Note how few actually led to an arrest (see symbol key)

Thanks for posting this.
It is absolutely shocking how many perverts there are out there.

Hope LE gets the break they need in this case.

It could also be that since the abduction and killings of the Evansdale girls plus no arrest, that some perps are thinking it's easy to get away with.

I really think the laws need to get tougher on these evil people who want to abduct and molest children.

It could also be that since the abduction and killings of the Evansdale girls plus no arrest, that some perps are thinking it's easy to get away with.

You have to be worried about copy cats.

If you're googling, it's important to know how to frame the keywords. When you just have a jumble of words, you're probably not going to get much.

I'm assuming you're just putting quotes around the words you searched for to set them off from the text of your post, correct me if I'm wrong.

Instead of:
attempted abduction black male white female

Try this instead:
attempted-abduction AND black-male AND white-female

The hyphens connect the words that should be adjacent to each other and AND (upper case on purpose) tells the search engine that you're looking for documents that have all three terms.

To get even more specific results, throw in Iowa at the end:
attempted-abduction AND black-male AND white-female AND iowa

Putting quotes around words is the same is linking them with hyphens, so "attempted abduction" is the same as attempted-abduction. Also, OR works like AND.

Hope that helps out.

Thanks!! I will definitely keep this in mind. I just figured the more.words the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV