IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have followed somone from the parking lot/bathrooms down to the trail to see a puppy.

MISTY COOK-MORRISSEY, MOTHER OF 10-YEAR-OLD LYRIC COOK: From my understanding, they do not know that area. Maybe Elizabeth and some friends had ridden down there at one time.

BROUSSEAU: One time.

COOK-MORRISEY: But no, it's not an area that they frequented. They didn't go far from home, either of the girls. They mainly stayed around the Evansdale area that my sister lives in, so it's just not kind of like them to go that far.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...17/cnr.03.html

Interesting that Aunt Tammy chimed in with "one time". How did she know that? Is that why she thought of the lake as a destination while looking for the girls while driving around with Wylma upon their return from Waterloo?

The rumor I heard was that a man and 2 girls that fit the description of the girls (bearing in mind that there was no description of what they were wearing available, per Abben, as late as the 16th). Anyway, that a man and two girls came into Fareway to ask directions to the lake, however, and I can't substantiate it, I think it was ruled out as being the girls..it was two girls with their father, and I think the directions asked were not to the lake. This is my opinion only and is not a fact. MOO and all that. I don't believe the rumor.

I don't live in the area so what rumors I saw were read from googling words a certain way. What I had read had something to do with the girls asking for directions and also stating something about going for a paddle boat ride. Afterwards I couldn't find anything stating that info no matter what words I put in the search engine. Do you live in the area? and what other "rumors" have you heard if you can remember without violating TOS of course.

OT- Cleveland Three

Michelle Knight, "just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a Butterfly"...

http://www.kpho.com/story/22986751/...ght-tearfully-speaks-during-castro-sentencing

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
Powerful remarks and victim impact statements delivered at the formal sentencing hearing for admitted kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro.

MORE
Related Stories: Missing teens found alive

Castro will serve life in prison without parole, plus 1,000 years. He was also ordered to have no contact with the victims, including his young daughter.

I don't live in the area so what rumors I saw were read from googling words a certain way. What I had read had something to do with the girls asking for directions and also stating something about going for a paddle boat ride. Afterwards I couldn't find anything stating that info no matter what words I put in the search engine. Do you live in the area? and what other "rumors" have you heard if you can remember without violating TOS of course.

I've heard several "rumors", but I don't believe they would be allowed within TOS rules. I do not live in the area. I believe it is not uncommon to hear of sightings all over the place when people go missing. I can't say how I came to the conclusion that it was not E and L at Fareway without breaking TOS rules.

It is possible that the rumor got started by someone elsewhere misinterpreting something heard on a scanner channel or something like that. Hope that helps. JMO

MOO

The rumour was that workers taking their cigarette break outside were asked by two girls how to get to the lake.

Again, just rumour...but a persistent one.

I hadn't heard "two girls and a man", just the girls on bikes.

I took it with a grain of salt, because it is just rumour.

The perp may have been in the Lederman's parking lot, asked the girls how to get to Meyers Lake, asked them to lead the way (pretending to not understand the direction) and telling them to ride fast because perp's vehicle was faster than their bikes and that he/she would follow them, letting them get there first.

Maybe this is the reason the girls appear to be riding so quickly on the cctv.

WC last saw the girls at the back of Ledermans.

imo

I think the girls might of had to have asked for directions too. It's just not possible that no one beside the lawn-watering guy saw them. Ice cream would be a perfect treat and the perfect reason for a bike ride.

Plus being a tempting enough treat for two young girls to stretch the rules just a leeeeetle bit by going farther than Grandma would be happy with. My limited experience with kids that age is that they don't think in terms of abstract dangers so much as they think in terms of the dangers they know.

So I think it's possible that Elizabeth and Lyric may have realised that Grandma wouldn't want them to ride that far away but to only think in terms of not getting in trouble with Grandma rather than in terms of "someone could abduct us and we'd never be heard of again." They may have rationalised that it's okay to go a little too far so long as they got back before they were missed by Grandma.

Both girls seem to me to have been well loved and probably knew that Grandma might get a little grumpy but she would still love them and would never hurt them. Which is exactly as a family should be!

The perp may have been in the Lederman's parking lot, asked the girls how to get to Meyers Lake, asked them to lead the way (pretending to not understand the direction) and telling them to ride fast because perp's vehicle was faster than their bikes and that he/she would follow them, letting them get there first.

imo

As I recall LE said they had a lot of video. Perhaps the perp's vehicle, if it was on Brovan, was caught on film too. I'm just guessing, but I would imagine they caught all or some of the vehicles that passed by that camera during the day. Just looking at the video, the way it was released and as blurry as it is, it may be hard to identify a vehicle other than color and make. Maybe it was a white vehicle of some sort that matches what witnesses saw down by the lake. Maybe it wasn't. I believe they said that the bike riders were the only bike riders they saw that day on that camera.

MOO

Why the heck would they leave it unlocked after spending $100,000?
That just invites vandalism and (?) :banghead:

Small town Iowa.

In the winter, I've been known to leave my car running while I dashed into the store to get something. And I am certainly not the only person doing so. When we go to the local medical centre which has free valet parking, we just leave the car running in the driveway.

When I'm at home, I forget that there is such a thing as a door lock (you have to take a long gravel road in order to get to gravel road, so we are out in the boonies). And house keys? Is this one o' them newfangled notions like Wal-Marts that stay open all night? When I was hospitalised for over 3 months in 2005, my husband roomed in with me and we left the house open for two reasons. One, our neighbour needed to get in to take care of our cats and make sure there weren't any plumbing mishaps. Two, we haven't seen the house keys since we moved here and do not have the faintest clue where they are.

I am way more concerned about handling out garbage so that no raccoons, possums, skunks or coyotes get the idea that we are a feeding station than even having a thought about theft or anything like that.

Suburbia and urbia is like a whole different planet to me. The concerns are so different, the things that one needs to do for safety are so different, it's just... way different from the realities of my life.

Just a thought.

Why would the girls stop to ask for directions to the lake, when the Carpenters reported that they (at least Elizabeth) were seen riding by their house which is right near the lake, frequently? Elizabeth already knew the way to the lake apparently.

MOO

There is more than one route to get to the lake from the Collins house. If Elizabeth only knew one way, she may have wanted to ask for directions if they were taking a different route for some reason. One reason may have been that one or both girls were hoping to see someone (some boy?) if they went a different way or they may have wanted to not be in the first place Grandma might look for them.

I just can't defend a rumor that really has no basis in fact, as far as I can tell (the Fareway rumor). If they wanted to see a boy, which could very well be the case, the skatepark is down by Gilbert, and to get there, they could go down River Forest and hang a left on Gilbert I think. Boys, possibly including E's brother and his friends, might skate there. I'm of the belief that Elizabeth, at least, was familiar with how to get down there, including to the main park where the bathrooms are. Perhaps she or they were not sure how to get all the way down to the trail, but if Carpenter's description is correct, they knew how to get very, very close to the trail. Lyric had only been going to Evansdale for the five days prior to the disappearance with Gma; although, she lived with the Collins for a few years at an earlier time and visited. Both girls probably knew their way around the area. JMO

imo

RoseofSharon - that is an excellent theory! I could see that happening too. Kids are always eager to help, sometimes too eager when it is a stranger.

RoseofSharon - that is an excellent theory! I could see that happening too. Kids are always eager to help, sometimes too eager when it is a stranger.

Especially if the lost stranger offered them some easy ca$h for their good deed..
Once at the destination, they would walk prolly right up to his vehicle for payment, imo..

Small town Iowa.

In the winter, I've been known to leave my car running while I dashed into the store to get something. And I am certainly not the only person doing so. When we go to the local medical centre which has free valet parking, we just leave the car running in the driveway.

When I'm at home, I forget that there is such a thing as a door lock (you have to take a long gravel road in order to get to gravel road, so we are out in the boonies). And house keys? Is this one o' them newfangled notions like Wal-Marts that stay open all night? When I was hospitalised for over 3 months in 2005, my husband roomed in with me and we left the house open for two reasons. One, our neighbour needed to get in to take care of our cats and make sure there weren't any plumbing mishaps. Two, we haven't seen the house keys since we moved here and do not have the faintest clue where they are.

I am way more concerned about handling out garbage so that no raccoons, possums, skunks or coyotes get the idea that we are a feeding station than even having a thought about theft or anything like that.

Suburbia and urbia is like a whole different planet to me. The concerns are so different, the things that one needs to do for safety are so different, it's just... way different from the realities of my life.

I live in NY. 50 miles north of NYC. I never lock my car. Leave it running all the time, when I go inside a store, gas station etc. I drop my huge key ring on the floor, so I don't have to carry it inside. It's normal around here. (to me anyway). I have a good friend who drives a very expensive car, she leaves it unlocked all the time when we're out.

On the other hand, my business partner always locks her car in our own small lot in plain sight. I asked her why one day. Force of habit she told me.

That being said, I don't understand why any municipality would leave facilities unlocked waiting to be vandalized. Graffiti etc. :twocents:

Old train stations are revered here and some are landmarks.

We have a bike trail here too. I used to ride, not so much any more :(

Believe you me, it's WAY more hidden and susceptible to wrong doing than that Iowa path. Again, :twocents:

http://www.traillink.com/trail/north-county-trailway.aspx

PS: Story to tell, about 7 or 8 years ago, friend and I decided to ride a north trail. Got a flat tire. We were miles from the car. Along came a volunteer, senior type guy on his bike, with ID. My bike couldn't take his pump, so I was out of luck. So I asked my friend to sit tight on a bench while I rode with him (miles) to my car. I told her; I'll be back for you.

I HAD to trust him. We rode to my car, he helped me load the bike so I could get back to my friend. :twocents:

eta: we were up here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/harlem-valley-rail-trail-association-millerton

Mt. lions have been spotted on the trail.

OT-
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7550743

17 year old CHELSEA MARIE EVANS, is missing/endangered from my area of north GA and we are very concerned for her welfare. There has been very little, if any local MS Media coverage on her disappearance. Please join the discussion and share her flyer on social sites..
As we all know, Awareness is the key..
TIA
https://www.facebook.com/FindChelseaEvans

I checked Georgia & Utah Missing Person's clearinghouse and neither have any record of this person. I wonder if this is a hoax??? I was looking for more information; even did a google search and nada.

I live in NY. 50 miles north of NYC. I never lock my car. Leave it running all the time, when I go inside a store, gas station etc. I drop my huge key ring on the floor, so I don't have to carry it inside. It's normal around here. (to me anyway). I have a good friend who drives a very expensive car, she leaves it unlocked all the time when we're out.

On the other hand, my business partner always locks her car in our own small lot in plain sight. I asked her why one day. Force of habit she told me.

That being said, I don't understand why any municipality would leave facilities unlocked waiting to be vandalized. Graffiti etc. :twocents:

Old train stations are revered here and some are landmarks.

We have a bike trail here too. I used to ride, not so much any more :(

Believe you me, it's WAY more hidden and susceptible to wrong doing than that Iowa path. Again, :twocents:

http://www.traillink.com/trail/north-county-trailway.aspx

PS: Story to tell, about 7 or 8 years ago, friend and I decided to ride a north trail. Got a flat tire. We were miles from the car. Along came a volunteer, senior type guy on his bike, with ID. My bike couldn't take his pump, so I was out of luck. So I asked my friend to sit tight on a bench while I rode with him (miles) to my car. I told her; I'll be back for you.

I HAD to trust him. We rode to my car, he helped me load the bike so I could get back to my friend. :twocents:

eta: we were up here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/harlem-valley-rail-trail-association-millerton

Mt. lions have been spotted on the trail.

Both trails are beautiful. You are very brave. I lock my car doors and my house at all times. I guess I'm paranoid. Maybe I watch too much true crime. I dunno why, but I can be a scaredy cat. We do live close to some prisons, so maybe some of my fears are warranted. We have mountain lions spotted occasionally too. My thoughts were the same as yours about The Depot though - leaving it open is an invitation to vandalism jmo. I believe Iowans have big hearts and are salt of the earth people and it angers me to think that a monster took those very characteristics of L&E and murdered them. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selaynehunter