IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both trails are beautiful. You are very brave. I lock my car doors and my house at all times. I guess I'm paranoid. Maybe I watch too much true crime. I dunno why, but I can be a scaredy cat. We do live close to some prisons, so maybe some of my fears are warranted. We have mountain lions spotted occasionally too. My thoughts were the same as yours about The Depot though - leaving it open is an invitation to vandalism jmo. I believe Iowans have big hearts and are salt of the earth people and it angers me to think that a monster took those very characteristics of L&E and murdered them. :banghead:

I was fearless Bootsy. We spent many happy days. I DO lock my door. I have GREAT neighbors, we watch out for each other. I don't lock my old car.
That bike trail holds fond memories for me. My friend died of cancer 4 years ago. She was a 9/11 survivor. For me, that trail holds fond memories.

We rode it, 2 old ladies. The rocks and ferns are amazing. The countryside is outstanding. Then you get to Millerton. Best damn small town IMHO.

We had coffee with Mario Cantone. :seeya:

I checked Georgia & Utah Missing Person's clearinghouse and neither have any record of this person. I wonder if this is a hoax??? I was looking for more information; even did a google search and nada.

Not a hoax B4igo2it.. I'll check into the MP Clearinghouse omission. I am in touch with her mom. She is very concerned, as am I.. I contacted JPD & Pickens Sheriff's Dept earlier.. Waiting on a reply..

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

CHELSEA MARIE EVANS
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Jul 3, 1996 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jun 4, 2013 Race: White
Age Now: 17 Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Missing City: JASPER Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Missing State : GA Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1217338

Small town Iowa.

In the winter, I've been known to leave my car running while I dashed into the store to get something. And I am certainly not the only person doing so. When we go to the local medical centre which has free valet parking, we just leave the car running in the driveway.

When I'm at home, I forget that there is such a thing as a door lock (you have to take a long gravel road in order to get to gravel road, so we are out in the boonies). And house keys? Is this one o' them newfangled notions like Wal-Marts that stay open all night? When I was hospitalised for over 3 months in 2005, my husband roomed in with me and we left the house open for two reasons. One, our neighbour needed to get in to take care of our cats and make sure there weren't any plumbing mishaps. Two, we haven't seen the house keys since we moved here and do not have the faintest clue where they are.

I am way more concerned about handling out garbage so that no raccoons, possums, skunks or coyotes get the idea that we are a feeding station than even having a thought about theft or anything like that.

Suburbia and urbia is like a whole different planet to me. The concerns are so different, the things that one needs to do for safety are so different, it's just... way different from the realities of my life.

Ha! Ha! This is great. I live in Iowa and used to live in a small town in Iowa, too. We did not have house keys! At some point we lost our one key and just didn't replace it for years! It was also Ok to slip into a friend's back porch or kitchen when they were gone to leave a plate of cookies or drop off last week's church bulletin if they missed etc etc. There was a shared sense of acceptable boundaries. No one locked their houses! It was so awesome. I miss that a lot.

What do you all think; could this be the white SUV?

Evansdale bike trail part 2 - YouTube

look at 2:35+ on this video
The narrator states: on Brovan - to River Forest RD and before East End

(I was reviewing post 278 , thread 25, page 12)

I think that could very well be the vehicle!! Wouldn't hurt to email that link to LE. In fact, I think I will. Wouldn't that be crazy, since it's parked near the Collins home?? In fact, I know who took that video!!

I haven't looked back in the thread for this, but did anyone see the pictures from Elizabeth's birthday celebration yesterday? The clouds were in the shape of an E!!

I think that could very well be the vehicle!! Wouldn't hurt to email that link to LE. In fact, I think I will. Wouldn't that be crazy, since it's parked near the Collins home?? In fact, I know who took that video!!

I haven't looked back in the thread for this, but did anyone see the pictures from Elizabeth's birthday celebration yesterday? The clouds were in the shape of an E!!

your post saying the "E" in the clouds made the hair on my arms stand up! I am now on my way to view the photos :)

After I re-posted RW's video, thoughts of the SUV kept reoccurring in my mind until finally, I sent an email to Captain Abben & Sheriff Thompson.
(I would rather be wrong than to be right and not say anything.)
We are all here seeking justice!

your post saying the "E" in the clouds made the hair on my arms stand up! I am now on my way to view the photos :)

After I re-posted RW's video, thoughts of the SUV kept reoccurring in my mind until finally, I sent an email to Captain Abben & Sheriff Thompson.
(I would rather be wrong than to be right and not say anything.)
We are all here seeking justice!

I sent the link to the our missing Iowa girls address. I also messaged Rose, asking if she realized what she had! No response yet from her. I'm glad you sent it to Abben and Thompson!!

I'll see if I can find the E cloud picture and post here.

Both trails are beautiful. You are very brave. I lock my car doors and my house at all times. I guess I'm paranoid. Maybe I watch too much true crime. I dunno why, but I can be a scaredy cat. We do live close to some prisons, so maybe some of my fears are warranted. We have mountain lions spotted occasionally too. My thoughts were the same as yours about The Depot though - leaving it open is an invitation to vandalism jmo. I believe Iowans have big hearts and are salt of the earth people and it angers me to think that a monster took those very characteristics of L&E and murdered them. :banghead:

What's the point of having a municipal facility to provide bathrooms and water for people on a bike trail if you're going to leave it locked all the time???

What's the point of having a municipal facility to provide bathrooms and water for people on a bike trail if you're going to leave it locked all the time???

Good point!! I don't think the bathrooms are accessible from the outside, so it would make sense to leave them unlocked. I'd think that the place is pretty well looked after.

I'm sad these girls murder (s) is still out there....somewhere running free.
I still pray everyday for their killer to be found nd arrested.

It's not just restrooms. That building is large, and from the video I viewed the restrooms are hard to find IMO. A Porto-potty would serve the purpose. :twocents:

It's not just restrooms. That building is large, and from the video I viewed the restrooms are hard to find IMO. A Porto-potty would serve the purpose. :twocents:

When we go on bike rides, we always go north to Evansdale (to Four Queens Dairy!!), and recently we decided that we really should go south to Gilbertville.... Maybe we'll do that this weekend. Except there's no ice cream in Gilbertville... I've driven by the Depot many times but haven't seen the inside in a while.

Rose watched her video and was shocked that the white SUV was in it. And it's ironic where it was parked. She's glad that we sent the tip in. This case has been heavy in her mind as well.

"What he does have is land --- six acres, to be exact.

And if the Black Hawk County Conservation Board can scrape together the money needed to move the building Lavenz said he would be happy to take the old Gilbertville Depot off their hands.

"I just don't want to see that old building destroyed," he said. "My brother (Larry Lavenz) and I are in favor of preserving history."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/gi...cle_e44cebc5-c49b-5079-a841-7ae305d3930a.html

Larry Lavenz RSO

:twocents:

When I used to ride, there were no facilities anywhere. If we rode to a town for pizza, coffee, or ice cream, we would use theirs. If we "had to go", we would do it outside behind a bush.

I was an avid hiker as well, there's no facilities out in the woods, just Mother Nature. :blushing:

If your caught in Iowa peeing outside by LE you will end up on the RSO site.

What is so significant about that particular white SUV in that video? I saw the video was posted in August of 2012, but was the video made at the time the kids were abducted? I just PM'd Squeeze a whole list of addresses that had white SUVs and Vans that were parked in the area in August 2012 that I found on google map and if you zoom in on some of the windows you will actually see tarps in the back of the vehicles. One house in particular had a white SUV or trailer parked right up next to the house in the back yard and not in the driveway which I thought was a bit strange. I even found a white SUV parked at the ball park and I believe Elizabeth played ball. I do not know what street the Collins live on so if someone would be so kind as to tell me the streets in question on that day the girls were abducted I will do a google search of all the SUVs in the area in August of 2012. The addresses that I PM'd Squeeze were off from Brovan and River Forest Rd. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV