IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 2 white SUVs parked right down the street from the Collins home in August 2012.
One was a blue house right across from the Auction House I believe and another was a yellow house.

The blue house is 3 houses down from their house and there is a white older SUV parked in the driveway. In the video of the girls riding their bikes past that house on July 13, 2012, I brought it up that it looked like there was someone standing on the steps as the girls rode by. Please understand I do not want to accuse anyone of any wrong doing or involvement in this case. I've just been doing searches on google maps at street level and zooming in on older white SUVs in the general area. I found several in the general vicinity in August of 2012.

There is an older model white 4-door Chevrolet SUV parked in a driveway on a street at Meyers Lake. The picture was taken August 2012.

The vehicle has roof racks and a hitch and the windows are tinted very dark at the back of the vehicle.

I'm not talking about in public, rather out in the woods. :drumroll:

BunnyHop, cindersoot is correct. If you are caught peeing outside in Iowa, ANYWHERE, you can be charged with "lewd and lascivious display." It's a misdemeanour charge but it puts anyone convicted on the sex offender list. So if you're out in the woods and the nice park ranger happens to walk by at the wrong moment for you, you could be in for a world of legal hurting.

It's one reason why the sex offender list is not as useful as it could be. By casting such a wide net, it makes it all but meaningless.

My own brother was almost caught that way when he was a 20something and in college. There were a ton of bars in that town and they had cover charges on Friday and Saturday nights. After midnight, there was really nowhere else open but bars. My brother and two friends were heading home when they realised they needed to pee. They didn't have the money to pay a cover charge and they were a good mile away from their apartment.

So they went into an unlit alley after 1 am on a Saturday night to pee into the storm sewer. Gross but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

My brother finished first, just before a patrol car turned into the alley. One of his friends was still in the act. The officer stopped them, gave them a field sobriety test which they all passed, so no public drunkenness charge. However, since it was a public thoroughfare, he charged my brother's friend with "lewd and lascivious display" on the grounds that since it was a public thoroughfare, a minor might have been able to see him. After 1 am on a Saturday night in a college town.

The friend consulted a lawyer who told him to go ahead and plead guilty, it would be easier than going to trial. So he did, was given a small fine (less than $50) and he thought that was the end of it.

Years later, when Iowa started the sex offender registry, that friend was horrified when his name was listed. It was several years and lots of money spent on a lawyer to be removed eventually. It impacted him professionally as well.

There is an older model white 4-door Chevrolet SUV parked in a driveway on a street at Meyers Lake. The picture was taken August 2012.

The vehicle has roof racks and a hitch and the windows are tinted very dark at the back of the vehicle.

Did you look at the vehicle I was speaking about? It could very well be the same vehicle. The satellite image was also taken in August 2012.

When we go on bike rides, we always go north to Evansdale (to Four Queens Dairy!!), and recently we decided that we really should go south to Gilbertville.... Maybe we'll do that this weekend. Except there's no ice cream in Gilbertville... I've driven by the Depot many times but haven't seen the inside in a while.

Rose watched her video and was shocked that the white SUV was in it. And it's ironic where it was parked. She's glad that we sent the tip in. This case has been heavy in her mind as well.

I'd love to hear of your experience if you go to Gilbertville and stop by the Depot. I know the building is well loved, but I, like BunnyHop, found that the bathrooms might be hard to locate when viewing the video and there seemed to be a lot of places a person could have if they were of the mind to hide there. It is a beautiful old building, but I think the problems with flooding and dampness which could lead to mold might be a problem. The renovation of the upstairs was quite nice and would make a decent office space, but not if there is a mold problem.

Much thanks to everyone who sent a tip in about the white SUV. :please:

BunnyHop, cindersoot is correct. If you are caught peeing outside in Iowa, ANYWHERE, you can be charged with "lewd and lascivious display." It's a misdemeanour charge but it puts anyone convicted on the sex offender list. So if you're out in the woods and the nice park ranger happens to walk by at the wrong moment for you, you could be in for a world of legal hurting.

It's one reason why the sex offender list is not as useful as it could be. By casting such a wide net, it makes it all but meaningless.

My own brother was almost caught that way when he was a 20something and in college. There were a ton of bars in that town and they had cover charges on Friday and Saturday nights. After midnight, there was really nowhere else open but bars. My brother and two friends were heading home when they realised they needed to pee. They didn't have the money to pay a cover charge and they were a good mile away from their apartment.

So they went into an unlit alley after 1 am on a Saturday night to pee into the storm sewer. Gross but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

My brother finished first, just before a patrol car turned into the alley. One of his friends was still in the act. The officer stopped them, gave them a field sobriety test which they all passed, so no public drunkenness charge. However, since it was a public thoroughfare, he charged my brother's friend with "lewd and lascivious display" on the grounds that since it was a public thoroughfare, a minor might have been able to see him. After 1 am on a Saturday night in a college town.

The friend consulted a lawyer who told him to go ahead and plead guilty, it would be easier than going to trial. So he did, was given a small fine (less than $50) and he thought that was the end of it.

Years later, when Iowa started the sex offender registry, that friend was horrified when his name was listed. It was several years and lots of money spent on a lawyer to be removed eventually. It impacted him professionally as well.

Wow. I had no idea!! But I agree about the sex offender list not being useful. I know of two people on there. One was a guy who "provided" printed material to minors, unknowingly. The other is a sister if a friend who had sex with a minor when she was 19.

That's really too bad that he had to go through all if the legal rigamarole (sp?) to get his name off the list!!

"What he does have is land --- six acres, to be exact.

And if the Black Hawk County Conservation Board can scrape together the money needed to move the building Lavenz said he would be happy to take the old Gilbertville Depot off their hands.

"I just don't want to see that old building destroyed," he said. "My brother (Larry Lavenz) and I are in favor of preserving history."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/gi...cle_e44cebc5-c49b-5079-a841-7ae305d3930a.html

Larry Lavenz RSO

Thank you! Grainne Dhu was right! The building is loved by many. In the video, the bathrooms are working. Great article BTW.

Wow. I had no idea!! But I agree about the sex offender list not being useful. I know of two people on there. One was a guy who "provided" printed material to minors, unknowingly. The other is a sister if a friend who had sex with a minor when she was 19.

That's really too bad that he had to go through all if the legal rigamarole (sp?) to get his name off the list!!

My son, who is a Deputy Sheriff in our state, laughs at the RSO List. He says there are people who should have never been put on that list and therefore he finds it useless in most cases.

:twocents:

When I used to ride, there were no facilities anywhere. If we rode to a town for pizza, coffee, or ice cream, we would use theirs. If we "had to go", we would do it outside behind a bush.

I was an avid hiker as well, there's no facilities out in the woods, just Mother Nature. :blushing:

Darn BunnyHop! I would do the same thing. Sure do not want to end up a RSO, so won't be doing that any time soon. :blushing:

Oh my goodness! I have heard similar horror stories. :jail:

Did you look at the vehicle I was speaking about? It could very well be the same vehicle. The satellite image was also taken in August 2012.

The one I saw is an older model Snowbunny. I'll keep checking.

no posting of personal pictures from the parents fb pages. :nono:

The below warning was posted on 24 April 2013 the last time this thread had to be closed for similar issues. I am bringing it forward again. Please post responsibly.

Attention members: This thread was closed for review due to many issues. Please read the following and thank this post before continuing any discussion:

1) family members are OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. This would include posting social media pictures of them that are not in the main stream media, posting their social media pages, and all the other information contained in the second post of this thread. Please also review our social media rules.

2) sleuthing or discussion of persons not related to this case is OFF LIMITS. This would include posting pictures, names, etc. Please refer to the rules on what is able to be posted on registered sex offenders as well. You can post REGISTERED sex offenders in the area to include maps, etc, but that does not include sleuthing them beyond that (posting social media, etc)

3) The memorial is being created for the girls. You can post MSM articles related to the memorial. Otherwise bashing the memorial or any other events related to the girls is off limits. If something is in the media feel free to post it.

4) off color jokes about drug use.. especially related to family members.. is a We are BETTER THAN THAT FOLKS.

and

5) Further infractions of 1-4 can result in a loss of your posting privileges. Please post responsibly.

I can't believe he hasn't been caught yet. This is all over Facebook.

suspicions are he may be camping out; people camping may not be following the news or may be from another area/state.
He's out there!
Need posting at IA and surrounding state campgrounds!
Wonder if he has a vehicle; have not seen info on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV