IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found another case where a juvenile managed to fly under LE radar in a murder case.

In Jacksonville, Florida, a woman named Corey Parker was stabbed to death in her own apartment. There were people from her circle of social acquaintances who were investigated as possible suspects but they were all eventually ruled out when a DNA profile came back from blood the perp left at the crime scene.

When her body was discovered, the police did a neighbourhood canvass. One of the people they interviewed was a 17 year old boy named Robert Denney who lived sort of diagonally across from Corey Parker's apartment. The apartment complex was arranged such that someone could see directly into her kitchen from his living room window.

It took two years and a publicity campaign before Robert Denney's name came up as a possible suspect. The publicity campaign centred around offering a reward in the by then cold case. Three people who worked with Robert Denney remembered that he was exhibiting odd behaviour immediately after Corey Parker's murder.

Denney had no previous record.

Even though the apartment where he was living was in such close proximity to Corey Parker's apartment, he was completely overlooked as a suspect probably because of his age at the time: 17 years old.

If it weren't for the publicity campaign and his former co-workers remembering his odd behaviour, he would probably never have been caught (he'd moved out of state).

I found another case where a juvenile managed to fly under LE radar in a murder case.

In Jacksonville, Florida, a woman named Corey Parker was stabbed to death in her own apartment. There were people from her circle of social acquaintances who were investigated as possible suspects but they were all eventually ruled out when a DNA profile came back from blood the perp left at the crime scene.

When her body was discovered, the police did a neighbourhood canvass. One of the people they interviewed was a 17 year old boy named Robert Denney who lived sort of diagonally across from Corey Parker's apartment. The apartment complex was arranged such that someone could see directly into her kitchen from his living room window.

It took two years and a publicity campaign before Robert Denney's name came up as a possible suspect. The publicity campaign centred around offering a reward in the by then cold case. Three people who worked with Robert Denney remembered that he was exhibiting odd behaviour immediately after Corey Parker's murder.

Denney had no previous record.

Even though the apartment where he was living was in such close proximity to Corey Parker's apartment, he was completely overlooked as a suspect probably because of his age at the time: 17 years old.

If it weren't for the publicity campaign and his former co-workers remembering his odd behaviour, he would probably never have been caught (he'd moved out of state).

Very interesting! Some friends of mine have been digging around on the computer and finding some interesting links in the under 18 age group... They are turning those ideas in to LE (no worry)... But very interesting... (sorry - can't post more per terms of service)

Very interesting! Some friends of mine have been digging around on the computer and finding some interesting links in the under 18 age group... They are turning those ideas in to LE (no worry)... But very interesting... (sorry - can't post more per terms of service)

It makes me wonder if LE could re-interview the people who were canvassed in the first week and then cross-check the new statements with the previous statements. See if there are any significant discrepancies or anyone whose behaviour seems odd.

In the case of Robert Denney, he was interviewed twice in the neighbourhood canvass right after Corey Parker was murdered and he was able to seem normal enough not to seem hinky in any way. The only reason he was interviewed twice was due to the proximity of his apartment to Corey Parker's apartment (about 35 feet). Two years later, though, when he was interviewed again, he started acting so strangely that it really got LE focused on him.

I've been away for a few days due to my computer's unexpected demise, and have a lot of catching up to do. It's great to see so many posts, and I'm hoping to read some lively discussions!

I guess you call it to each his own but, if my child was taken and my ex was around you bet. I would feel more comfortable with my missing child's father than with anyone else even in a Motel .I would feel we could at least comfort one another while the search was going on.And pray for a quick return of the girl's. Sad to say we know that didn't happen .I really feel were going to get some answer's soon I hope I am right .I read this some where and it's true God does not like ugly . RIP ELIZABETH & LYRIC

Wondering if any door-to-door sales person of any kind went to the girl's homes, or for that matter if the girls ever solicited funds for school ect?

Did LE ever find the woman in the white van who was "rescuing" puppies that I posted about waay back?

http://www.travelingsalescrews.info/An Industry Rife With Fraud 082111.htm

Not unlike quickly grabbing children..
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...nty/-/9357080/21042720/-/115cotx/-/index.html

""When they're taking dogs, they're taking a member of the family, and that's just like kidnapping one of your children," Strait said.

Jay Wilson, animal welfare coordinator at The Animal Rescue League, said dognapping is not new in Iowa.

"(The dognappers) will cruise down the street, looking for dogs that are unattended," Wilson said. "As soon as someone has their back turned, they'll reach over the fence and grab the dog, put it in their vehicle and drive off."

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...21042720/-/115cotx/-/index.html#ixzz2gVv7bpmU
bbm.

Eh... Regarding Dan and Misty in the motel...

The night before I had a major surgery to remove a large tumor in my head, we were in the clinic where certain things were being arranged by my doctor/surgeon and his staff. While we were in the corridor outside my doctor's office waiting for things to move along, my divorced parents started bickering... The night before a 12-hour-long major surgery...

Brick Pollitt: A family crisis brings out the best and the worst in every member of the family.

Gooper Pollitt: That's the truth.

Margaret "Maggie" Pollitt: Amen.

Not that these unusual accusations necessarily have any bearing on this case, but interesting imo., given it involves the unsolved abduction of a news anchor in Iowa.
initialed bm.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/1...-abduction-iowa-news-anchor-jodi-huisentruit/

"Adding to the mystery was a claim in 2011 by a female Mason City police officer, who said an unidentified "informant" implicated two Mason City police officers, including S, and a DCI agent in the abduction and murder of Huisentruit. Officer M O, who was terminated from her job, said she received credible information implicating S, Lt. R V W and B Br of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, who is now retired.

O declined to comment in an email sent to FoxNews.com. S called the idea of a conspiracy within local, state and federal law enforcement "ridiculous."

I guess you call it to each his own but, if my child was taken and my ex was around you bet. I would feel more comfortable with my missing child's father than with anyone else even in a Motel .I would feel we could at least comfort one another while the search was going on.And pray for a quick return of the girl's. Sad to say we know that didn't happen .I really feel were going to get some answer's soon I hope I am right .I read this some where and it's true God does not like ugly . RIP ELIZABETH & LYRIC

but, but .... does she have a boyfriend to comfort her? Didn't I hear he had a girlfriend?
DM did refer to MC as his wife during one of the media interviews and that was a "aha" moment for me.
Maybe they were with each other for other reasons, KWIM? Like on a fishing expedition, examining possible POIs, possible senerio's, and/or even checking out each other's alibi's :facepalm:

I honestly don't know how I would be in that situation. I guess I would try whatever to find the most information possible. I really would be beside myself!

O/T

I'm catching up on e-mails and came across an article which some might find interesting:

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/20-years-after-Polly-Klaas-killing-attitudes-4861976.php#page-2

Marilynilpa, TY for posting. I had the honor of meeting Marc Klaas, at a CUE missing person conference a couple of years ago in NC. He is definitely a Klaas Act and has accomplished a lot for the missing/murdered in the past 20 years since Polys' tragic abduction..

Marc Klaas; President at KlaasKids Foundation
Past: Supporting Survivors Bill Of Rights ~THE OMEGA BILL~ and Mothers Of Murdered Youth
https://www.facebook.com/PollyDad?fref=ts

http://m.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/polly-klaas-father-reflects-20th-anniversary-her-d/nbCbJ/
Polly Klaas' father reflects on 20th anniversary of her disappearance

Me too.

The man has caused me so much grief, but at the end of the day, he is still the one I'd turn to in an emergency surrounding our kids.

He did have some good points and they included loving his kids, and being calm and capable.

Wild horses wouldn't drag me into a motel with him for a sleepover, though.

:scared:

Wish we could be analyzing the behavior of the person who did this.

Good catch, Otto!

Ideal would be that some of the perp's DNA was on the zip ties but considering the slick plastic surface and the amount of time in the elements, ideal may be far from describing the condition of those zip ties.

And, unfortunately, Klunder is far from being the first perp to use zip ties during a crime.

Argh, every time I read of something that might implicate Klunder, there is something else that un-implicates him. He's like one of those bottom weighted toys that always pops up again when tipped one way or the other.

:seeya: Just dropping in for a sec!

The thing that convinces me that DM did not do it is that during the relevant time period, he was with his 16 year old son, according to his mother. I find it nearly impossible to believe that the FBI would not interview his son and that his son would be able to conceal a major lie from an FBI interviewer.

Likewise, I don't believe that Lyric being late on a previous occasion was connected to the abduction because she was with her cousin (Aunt TB's daughter). I am certain the FBI interviewed her and I find it nearly impossible to believe a young girl could successfully deceive them.

Or rather, the only connection I can see is that Lyric was growing up and perhaps wanting to stretch her wings a bit. Which is completely normal and not in the least suspicious.

I see it as a positive thing that this information came out regarding Dan. He knew he was going to be looked at as a suspect. He brought up the previous incident to say "look this happened before and I was brought in to find my daughter." In the interview, clearly Mysti was uncomfortable with that information being made public as Lyric was under Wylma's/Misty's watch and NOT Dan's watch. Clearly, CPS could have become involved in that situation and Wylma/Misty could clearly have lost custody of Lyric, especially if CPS visited the child's home and certainly they could have detected the scent of meth at that time if it was a meth lab house ? :banghead:

MJK, was very violent, but was never convicted for sexual assault/penetration. His attacks seemed to be due to the result of a violent rage, imo.

Imo, this was a significant factor in his recidivism after being released from prison in 2011;

<sniped BM>
In the documents obtained Friday, Klunder admitted he was addicted to cocaine and had a violent temper when they lived together,

Another record obtained Friday shows the woman and her son changed their last names in 2010. A judge initially said the son needed permission from his biological father, but granted the request after the woman said Klunder was incarcerated and, "It would increase the risk of our safety to establish contact with him."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/2...eared-his-prison-release-cites/#ixzz2ffYLGX8J

I think Klunder got off on the violence, just beating the #$%P out of a woman or girl gave him his thrill. Similar to the way Son of Sam aka David Berkowitz got off by shooting couples making out.

I have never said I think Dan had anything to do with the crime, in fact I have said I don't believe he had anything to do with it but I believe someone in the drug world he was exposed to is involved.

As far as Lyric being in school for all but a maximum of 10 days in early July, I don't know how it is where you live but here the kids get out of school for the summer in early June and go back to school towards the end of August, so she could have been going every day from around June 5-10 to July 13.

Did Lyric have to attend summer school? That would have prolonged her from having a summer vacation a bit.

I agree, I think.

I don't see Drew or Heather as suspects because it seems likely that both had good alibis for the time of the abduction (Drew was working or at home with their other children, Heather had a doctor's appointment). But it could have been someone who knew them. Maybe not regarded as a close friend but may have belonged to the same church, had a child who played on the same softball or soccer team, etc.

One possibility I have wondered about is that Drew said once that he sometimes took one of the kids along with him on business. I totally support that, it's a great way to gently educate kids that adults don't just do whatever they want all day long and money doesn't just get dispensed at will from a machine. But it was yet another way for someone to have seen Elizabeth and for her to regard that person as "not a stranger" because she met him while she was with her dad.

I wish this case could be solved soon because I'm betting that Drew has the same thoughts going through his head: was the perp someone I know? Who can I really trust?

In all honesty, I feel if Mysti and Dan had to take a lie detector test then Drew and Heather should have had to take one too. Mysti took 2 lie detector tests and what would be the harm - they're not admissible in court anyway. No matter if the drug connections supposedly all pointed to Dan - Heather and Misti shared a brother, Jeramiah. Had Heather cut her brother out of her life too? :fence: :waitasec: :confused: :dunno:

I have asked this question before, but I'm wondering if any new people can answer. This is for those of you that believe Dan was not involved somehow (and, no, he has NOT been cleared!!):

Dan was set to take a plea deal the day before the girls were abducted that would have reduced a 90 year prison sentence to 5 years. He said he had to pull out of the plea deal "because he was not yet ready to go to jail." Again, this was the DAY BEFORE the abduction. He WASN'T READY?! So he had something so important to do that he was willing to sacrifice 85 years of freedom?!

How can you possibly explain that away as just coincidence?

I'm not new, but. . . . :floorlaugh: As long as Dan was "narc'ing" people out like Wylma said, he was being allowed to slide. However, when one's daughter turns up missing, you just cannot expect the community to ignore the fact that you are still wheeling and dealing. . . It doesn't look very good for local LE that you have a rap sheet a mile long and your daughter is missing and then found dead and you've continued some very, very bad behavior. So, it is of my opinion, Dan was a very unlucky individual, or pretty dumb. Either way, he was given time to clean up his act and he didn't and now he's on his way to prison for a long time. Now he really will have the time to become a born-again Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV