IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
B4igo2it, can you imagine if DH had not been protected by her guardian angels that tragic day? The IA community would have four innocent children's lives lost and an unknown child serial killer hunting his next pair of victims, imo...

I'm glad you brought this up, I often thought this myself.:facepalm:

Due to the LEs lack of Urgency & given the impression children within the community are not in danger; it appears LE may have their eye on someone that they feel is not a threat to others ... or, are they doing damage control in an effort to prevent widespread panic?

While the chance of a child abduction is always present, there is a low percentage of it happening in Iowa based upon national crime statistics on the DOJ website. Iowa is statistically one of the lowest crime states in the nation.

However, my fear is an increase in child sex crimes due to the Internet, high demand worldwide, and there is a lot of money to be made off of child *advertiser censored*. The Omaha FBI sting operation article I posted earlier was a rude awakening for me along with knowledge of the Project Safe Childhood initiative (www.projectsafechildhood.gov)

o/t: Omaha FBI Press Releases
http://www.justice.gov/usao/ne/index.html

News

December 19, 2013
Grand Island Man Convicted of Receipt of Child *advertiser censored*

December 18, 2013
Oklahoma Man Sentenced for Transportation of a Minor with Intent to Engage in Sexual Activity

December 11, 2013
Omaha Woman Sentenced for Prostitution and Money Laundering Conspiracy

December 11, 2013
December Grand Jury - returned 21 indictments charging 22 defendants. Indictments are charging documents that contain one or more individual counts that are merely accusations, and every defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. David C. Evans, age 35, of Omaha, is charged in a two-count indictment. Count I of the Indictment charges Evans with receipt of child *advertiser censored* from on or about July 11, 2012 and continuing until November 14, 2012. The maximum possible penalty if convicted is imprisonment of not less than 5 years or more than 20 years, a $250,000 fine, supervised release for life, and a $100 special assessment. Evans is charged in Count II of the Indictment with possession of child *advertiser censored* from on or about July 11, 2012, and continuing until November 14, 2012. The maximum possible penalty if convicted is imprisonment of 10 years, a $250,000 fine, supervised release for life, and a $100 special assessment.

December 5, 2013
Former State Senator Sentenced for Wire Fraud

December 2, 2013
Macy Man Sentenced for Robbery Conviction

November 25, 2013
Norfolk Man Sentenced to Eighteen Years for Producing Child *advertiser censored*

November 15, 2013
Former Omaha Police Officer Sentenced for Improper Computer Searches

November 8, 2013
Grand Island Man Convicted of Drug Trafficking Sentenced to 5 Years

October 28, 2013
Walthill Man Sentenced For Statutory Rape

October 24, 2013
October Grand Jury - returned 24 indictments charging 24 defendants. Indictments are charging documents that contain one or more individual counts that are merely accusations, and every defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. * Raymond Kudera, age 37, of Omaha, is charged in a two-count Indictment. Count I of the indictment alleges from on or about May 2012 to on or about August 15, 2012, the defendant did receive and attempted to receive child *advertiser censored*. If convicted, the maximum possible penalty is imprisonment of not less than 5 years or more than 20 years, a fine of $250,000, 5 years up to Life supervised release, and a $100 special assessment. Count II of the indictment alleges from on or about May 2012 to on or about August 15, 2012 Kudera did knowingly access with intent to view a computer disk and any other material that contained an image of child *advertiser censored*. The maximum possibly penalty if convicted is imprisonment of 10 years, $250,00 fine, 5 years up to Life supervised release and $100 special accessment.

October 21, 2013
Omaha Felon Convicted of Possessing a Firearm Sentenced to Prison

October 7, 2013
California Truck Driver Sentenced to 18 Months in Prison for Meat Theft Scam

September 30, 2013
September Grand Jury - returned 24 indictments charging 26 defendants. Indictments are charging documents that contain one or more individual counts that are merely accusations, and every defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. * Joseph J. Benz, age 52, of Kearney, Nebraska, is charged in a two-count Indictment. Count I of the Indictment alleges from on or about January 1, 2013, and continuing to on or about May 20, 2013, the defendant did knowingly receive and distribute child *advertiser censored*. If convicted, the maximum possible penalty is imprisonment of not less than 5 years or more than 20 years, a fine of $250,000, supervised release for life, and a $100 special assessment. Benz is charged in Count II of the Indictment with possession of child *advertiser censored* from on or about May 20, 2013. The maximum possible penalty is imprisonment of 10 years, a $250,000 fine, supervised release for life, and a $100 special assessment. The indictment also alleges any and all property constituting or derived from any proceeds obtained directly or indirectly as a result of the violations alleged in the indictment, should be forfeited to the United States. * Matthew C. Steging, age 42, of Emerson, Nebraska, is charged in a three-count Indictment. Count I of the Indictment charges the defendant with production of child *advertiser censored* from on or about July 6, 2013 and continuing on to July 15, 2013. The maximum possible penalty if convicted is imprisonment of not less than 15 years or more than 30 years, a $250,000 fine, 5 years to Life of supervised release, and a $100 special assessment. Count II of the Indictment charges the defendant with receipt and distribution of child *advertiser censored* on and before August 26, 2013. If convicted, the maximum possible penalty is imprisonment of not less than 5 years or more than 20 years, a fine of $250,000, 5 years to Life of supervised release, and a $100 special assessment. Steging is charged in Count III with possession of child *advertiser censored* from on and before August 26, 2013. The maximum possible penalty for this count if convicted is imprisonment of 10 years, a $250,000 fine, 5 years to Life supervised release, and a $100 special assessment.

September 24, 2013
Indiana Man Sentenced For Mailing White Powder

September 23, 2013
Omaha Man Sentenced to Five Years for Receiving Child *advertiser censored*

website details cases for each month (this is just past 3 months)

2012 Statistics - Exploitation of Children via the Internet: Child Sex/*advertiser censored*, etc.
Pg. 22-23: http://www.justice.gov/usao/ne/press_releases/2012 Web Annual Report.pdf

They may not be spending a cent, just waiting until the Klunder investigation underway by other LE is finalised.

It doesn't really matter what we think of the tactics - the only person LEcares about is the perp.

It may suit LE to have the perp get cocky and boastful - like BTK did when LE deliberately provoked him by publicly blaming someone else for his crimes.

He sat down and wrote a letter and in so doing eventually revealed himself.

RE: like BTK did when LE deliberately provoked him by publicly blaming someone else for his crimes.

http://davidlohr.net/bio.html

David Lohr Bio
As a former senior investigative crime writer for Court TV's Crime Library, I received national media attention in 2003, when Dennis Rader modified a story I wrote about the BTK serial killer case and sent it to the media with proof that he was BTK.

so as of November 26, 2013 they STILL hadn't ruled out Klunder? hhhmmm. I really thought that by now they should have been able to rule him out. If they have been unable to do that then I most certainly cannot either.

so as of November 26, 2013 they STILL hadn't ruled out Klunder? hhhmmm. I really thought that by now they should have been able to rule him out. If they have been unable to do that then I most certainly cannot either.

I suppose LE is waiting on the results of tests being conducted at the FBI Crime Lab. I don't have a link, IIRC but there is an article up-thread regarding that.

My opinion is Klunder is not the perp re: Lyric and Elizabeth, and LE is awaiting results of forensic testing to conclusively rule him out.

As I've said before, though, I truly can understand why some folks suspect Klunder.

I've read about this case recently on the Ia. cold cases website & have been following it today. It will be interesting to hear the outcome. I wonder if the suspect may have died recently and left a confession? Every story I read today said there hasn't been an arrest yet unless they mean until now. This does give me hope that L & E's case will be solved even if it does take years.

I've read about this case recently on the Ia. cold cases website & have been following it today. It will be interesting to hear the outcome. I wonder if the suspect may have died recently and left a confession? Every story I read today said there hasn't been an arrest yet unless they mean until now. This does give me hope that L & E's case will be solved even if it does take years.

I hope this family finally gets some answers! It must be sooo difficult to wait years and not know. If nothing else, I hope L& L's case might help solve other crimes.

It's so sad that it took 30 years! You are probably right about the suspect. Maybe a deathbed confession.

did anyone else catch the news conference? I tuned in for only the last 4-5 minutes, so I didn't get the details and don't have the suspect name for sure. Andy? sykes? a google search gave me nothing

Yup and now the state has murdered him so we have lost the chance to solve any other disappearances he was responsible for (no bodies = no lucky DNA discoveries).

I wish these evil b*† to burn in hell too, but let them have decades of harsh imprisonment first, some deathbed time in jail when they're old and sick and dying slowly.

The weak ones will snap like twigs and confess everything.

DP makes no sense no matter how you look at it. Short term satisfaction for onlookers is about the only payoff.

If they are put to death their secrets die with them. LWOP is far more frightening to these monsters.

JC got off on his road rage incident. Dimissed, all 5 charges.

NO CONTACT ORDER LIFTED DRYER ANDREA 01/08/2014 01/08/2014 01/08/2014
Comments: LIFT NOCO
ORDER OF DISPOSITION DRYER ANDREA 01/03/2014 01/08/2014 01/08/2014
Comments: DISM @ STATES COSTS
MOTION TO DISMISS BLINK PETER WESTON 12/31/2013 12/31/2013 12/31/2013

He still faces the BURGLARY 3RD DEGREE charge.

ORDER FOR PRETRIAL CONFERENCE COIL JAMES D. 12/12/2013 12/16/2013 12/16/2013
Comments: 1/16/14 @ 10:30 AM & TRL 1/21/14 @ 9 AM

His charge for CRIMINAL MISCHIEF 5TH DEGREE (SMMS) also DIMISSED

ORDER OF DISPOSITION DRYER ANDREA 01/10/2014 01/10/2014 01/10/2014
Comments: DISM @ STATES COSTS

Not sure about his federal charges though but not seeing him listed at BOP site as an inmate.

Misty has a court date 1/15 for arraignment.

ORDER FOR ARRAIGNMENT STOCHL RICHARD D 01/08/2014 01/08/2014 01/08/2014
Comments: CT V - 1/15/14 @10AM
MINUTES OF TESTIMONY VILLONT JAY DEE 01/08/2014 01/08/2014 01/08/2014
TRIAL INFORMATION VILLONT JAY DEE 01/08/2014 01/08/2014 01/08/2014

JS's court dated has been continued again until 2/24/14, surprise.

ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE DRYER ANDREA 01/06/2014 01/08/2014 01/08/2014
Comments: 2/24/14 @ 3:30 PM FOR PLEA HRG
MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE MULLIN DAVID E 01/03/2014 01/07/2014 01/07/2014
Comments: SENT 1/13/14

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

Is atty: DRYER ANDREA court appointed or hired?

I see she is a popular choice for these folks.

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member