IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get angry as we approach 2 years since these babies were murdered. This isn't the first case that I've followed where a child goes missing from a small town and everyone knows everyone/everything yet the case goes unsolved for years.

Bumping Elizabeth and Lyric back up. I found them on the 4th page.

Nope. Must still be waiting on those DNA tests. :facepalm:

Cripes, what's it gonna take to get those tests done? :banghead: I find it extremely hard to believe that this crime wouldn't have warranted an expedite to the top of the "to do" pile. I also don't believe that funding to perform the tests should be an issue given the amount of $ raised for the girls.

I personally can't think of ONE reason, given the amount of time passed, that these tests weren't completed.

They know. If he was the guy they'd have already released it and closed the case by now. They can't possibly delude themselves that the general public is stupid enough to buy the story that they are still waiting on DNA testing. I also don't buy that they are witholding the evidence to keep "the real perp" in the dark thinking that Klunder is still on the table.

Even a fool would know that IF it was a match it would have been announced. I really hope LE doesn't think they are fooling anyone.

Or maybe they are going to pull the "unable to positively rule him in or out" card. They like to use that one too.

So in essence they have tossed the general public two bones to play with - Klunder (which I never got the feeling that LE even thought he was their guy), and the Mysterious Older White Suv.

No news is good news, right? :)

CK, not so sure that no news is good news... Child predators are the worst of the worst, due to their recidivism rates.. As we have witnessed with M.J. Klunder.
Normally child predators work alone. Although, MJK abducted KS & DH, he left DH unattended. Why? Was he possibly awaiting an accomplice's arrival for DH? Investigators may have found evidence/indicators that more than one perp was involved in EC & LC's abduction and murders..

Guess, time will tell...

Let's hope they aren't waiting 10 years to run the DNA tests hoping the perp/perps are in the system by then. . . :waiting:

CK, not so sure that no news is good news... Child predators are the worst of the worst, due to their recidivism rates.. As we have witnessed with M.J. Klunder.
Normally child predators work alone. Although, MJK abducted KS & DH, he left DH unattended. Why? Was he possibly awaiting an accomplice's arrival for DH? Investigators may have found evidence/indicators that more than one perp was involved in EC & LC's abduction and murders..

Guess, time will tell...

I think MJK never planned on DH having the spunk to run away on his perverted self. He thought he was totally in control of the situation until he came back to the truck and saw she was gone. Bet he peed in his pants. ! :banghead:

Will we ever see an arrest/prosecution in this case?

Girls we haven't forgotten.

smh..................... 2 years and no arrest for the girls. Breaks my heart.

Maybe it is a waiting game till perp/s become of age, commits a crime, and get caught through DNA or fingerprints.
What is the legal age for drinking there?
If perp was underage at time of murders, he may have been drinking solo and covertly, easier if one has secrets to conceal, imo.
If he/they, drink publicly now... perhaps a few too many in the bar or restaurant and the beans might just get spilled where somebody else might hear it. imo.

Guess, time will tell...

Although that may be a possibility, how does that delay ruling Klunder in or out for E&L's murders? He's dead...I don't see how it would take this long to flush out a potential accomplice (if there was one)

I think he acted completely alone...he'd done this several times before alone, why complicate matters with a witness?

I agree that there was likely more than one accomplice in E&L's abduction and murder (whether directly involved in taking them, or just helped set it up).

We know the family of MJK handed over Klunder's phone (as they were trying to check the pings/information in relation to E&L's date of abduction) so my ASSUMPTION would be that they also willingly handed other potential evidence (computers, etc.) that would have revealed any additional information/accomplices.

While I admire your faith and belief in LE that the length of time that has passed is due to such a meticulous investigation, I am sadly not so optimistic.

I think there is a lack of solid, physical evidence as to what happened during the abduction and murders of E&L. I think it's a lot of he said/she said or I heard/we heard "evidence" that may leave LE likely knowing WHO did it, but no answers to the other WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and HOW, and WHY questions that make a solid case.

I'm just glad to see the threads still moving along! :loveyou: I just keep saying my little prayer every day that some day justice is served for E&L...it's really all I can do.

I wonder how many are still working this case, probably only one. Probably waiting for someone to come forward.

The thing that stops arrests being made is usually forensic evidence.

Now juries expect it, and LE search for a physical link between the victim and the event, and their suspect.

If no physical link can be found, as can happen when bodies lie out in the weather for months, then no case will be brought.

No arrest has never, ever meant NOT SOLVED.

It just means - not enough evidence. For whatever politician is sitting in Iowa's DA office. The police may feel they've solved it, but some Alex Hunt type is twitchy and demanding more.

Sometimes, it needs "cold case" investigators to come along years later and find the evidence that the original team overlooked.

I believe the FBI are still on this one, as are the various Iowa LEs.

Two children abducted and murdered = they never give up.

Agent Roehrkasse has been assigned to this Evansdale case full time. He said it isn't a cold case and they keep actively working on it every day.

He says there were a couple of things he has taken away for working on this case.

"A couple things struck me as number one: how dark mankind can be but at the same time to watch an entire community really rally around a family. I mean these girls because our girls and we saw these families and these girls as if they were our own family members," said Roehrkasse.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22078793/2013/04/25/2-black-hawk-co-national-crime-victims-rights-week

Good to know. I hope somebody breaks soon and spills their guts. I hope what they know is sitting on them like a 2-ton elephant.

On the KWWL news at 10:00 Wednesday there will be a story about Elizabeth & Lyric. The advertisement said it would include "the latest on the investigation". It appears Drew Collins was interviewed for the story.

10 pm. No 10 am news.....

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members