IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have ruled out the family, so we know that no one in the family abducted and murdered their own child. It's possible that whomever is responsible is a drug addict, but that doesn't mean it is not a sexually motived murder.

Police have stated they've ruled out the family. I take that to mean that they are stating they don't have evidence to indicate that any family member is responsible for the abduction or murder of the girls.

I don't rule out the potential that there couldn't necessarily be any ties between the family and the murderer, sex crime or otherwise.

After checking court records, vinelink Misty isn't in the system, except Iowa DOC with two older felonies. I checked BOP also. Plus, I'm signed up if the move her via Vinelink and have old emails related to her but no update. She's nowhere. Witness protection? This could mean something, I can only guess. jmo

Jeremia is still in the system, shows up at Iowa Courts, vinelink & DOC.

Court docket says his court date was continued, blah blah blah. Pretrial Conference is
3/13/14 @ 10:30 AM & TRL 3/18/14 @ 9 AM on the one charge still pending with the state.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=16000

while many of us feel it is probable there was a sex motivation, there are those who remain very strong in their feeling that there was familial or drug associate involvement and therefore no sexual motivation. I believe the original poster was speaking to that stance.

Motive could be both...IMO

both one or neither. Until something breaks in this case we remain stuck right there. :(

I should clarify about Misty. She no longer has pending drug charges etc, no vinelink record, no current charges. She isn't a prisoner anywhere. It's like all the charges went away. Odd unless she gave some good information about something or someone. jmo

If information was given that was relevant to the girls I would think by now it would have been vetted and acted on by now.

Maybe?

After checking court records, vinelink Misty isn't in the system, except Iowa DOC with two older felonies. I checked BOP also. Plus, I'm signed up if the move her via Vinelink and have old emails related to her but no update. She's nowhere. Witness protection? This could mean something, I can only guess. jmo

Jeremia is still in the system, shows up at Iowa Courts, vinelink & DOC.

Court docket says his court date was continued, blah blah blah. Pretrial Conference is
3/13/14 @ 10:30 AM & TRL 3/18/14 @ 9 AM on the one charge still pending with the state.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=16000

Well, what do you know... she WAS out until yesterday!

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_8856cff9-7b51-5f0e-acf0-8170bc75a0ff.html

:jail:

According to Heather's FB there will be something going on with her family. My assumption is it involves Misty. I don't have a computer at the moment so I am trying to keep up via my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot seem to link to any articles but if you do a google search you'll see that Misty was arrested again on drug charges. This kind of stuff is why I cannot separate the meth lifestyle from the abduction and murders of the girls. It is so firmly woven throughout the Cook family. I am not saying a family member did it but I firmly believe there was a meth related motive. JMO

Sorry, I see I'm posting things that have already been discussed

Why the judge let her out on her word surprised me in the first place. Since following this case she's had more trouble staying sober, off drugs & that doesn't even count all the years before.

Thanks Squeeze, just ran here when I saw the article. But where's her court records? Maybe tomorrow they will update. The orginal docket went poof.

wow. she has really been for a ride. her appearance is very different from her appearance at the time the girls went missing.

If I ever need a reminder of how meth destroys self I need only consult the photos of reported users.

5315ef25ce495.preview-300.jpg

Sigh. I hurt for her. Destruction of self. I still feel she is not in any way involved with what happened.

I waver on Dan associates a bit, but usually end up landing at I just don't see evidence to support that.

But I will never put either parent up as parent of the year either. The bad decisions, bad parenting moves are separate in my mind to what happened to the girls. Just a whole lot of fugly in this case. :(

that is it. Sorry for the rant/tangent. I just hate that we have no movement on the girls' case. It is just silence and endless waiting for a break it feels as if will never come. Thanks for indulging my need to vent on this case.

I'm asking why anyone would think that the abduction and murder of two young girls is anything other than a sex crime. Everything we know about the case, including warnings from police to keep an eye on children and the family's sudden support of the fight against sex offenders, suggests that this is a sex crime.

Ever heard of the Lindburgh baby?

There ARE motives other than sexual, and as LE have given us 3/5ths of F.A I'm not sure why you are making this statement.

:scared:

The Iowa Justice system is bizarre.

Criminals roaming the streets unchecked. Morrissey's Cooks and Klunders free to offend then offend again.

Its almost as bad as Australia...!

It's so common we're pretty much numb to it. This type of repeated behavior is everywhere in the US and it's going to continue to get worse, I fear.

Our entire force of probation officers, social workers (for the kids of these repeat offenders), and other hold-you-accountable personnel are so completely bogged down with their workloads they simply can't keep up. The paperwork alone is completely unmanageable - let alone the face to face accountablility for each one of their people. Showing up unannounced for drop in checks at their residences, work checks, dropping UA's for whose # was called that week, etc. It's daunting work - all for a slap on the wrist in the end if they don't obey...and the offenders know it!

Our prisons/jails are packed like sardines with offenders just like this. What do the judges do? Let out the least violent offenders - no matter how many times they offend - as long as they aren't hurting others. And then let the state also pick up the tab for the kids as they are innocent victims and shuffled through the system right along with their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV