IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so common we're pretty much numb to it. This type of repeated behavior is everywhere in the US and it's going to continue to get worse, I fear.

Our entire force of probation officers, social workers (for the kids of these repeat offenders), and other hold-you-accountable personnel are so completely bogged down with their workloads they simply can't keep up. The paperwork alone is completely unmanageable - let alone the face to face accountablility for each one of their people. Showing up unannounced for drop in checks at their residences, work checks, dropping UA's for whose # was called that week, etc. It's daunting work - all for a slap on the wrist in the end if they don't obey...and the offenders know it!

Our prisons/jails are packed like sardines with offenders just like this. What do the judges do? Let out the least violent offenders - no matter how many times they offend - as long as they aren't hurting others. And then let the state also pick up the tab for the kids as they are innocent victims and shuffled through the system right along with their parents.

My solution has long been to decriminalise drugs and treat it as a health issue instead.

Immediately, almost over night, the Mistys and Dans of the world would lose their customers.

The jails would be emptied and resources used to keep VIOLENT criminals in jail for longer.

But then I'm your Build Bigger Jails type of girl.:seeya:

Her court record is listed again. I'm not seeing the new charge yet though under charges.

HEARING FOR INITIAL APPEARANCE SULLIVAN JOHN 03/04/2014 03/05/2014 03/05/2014
Comments: BOND SET AT $130,000 C/CS-JEREMIAH WHITE SHALL CONTINUE AS
COUNSEL FOR DEFT
APP FOR COUNSEL/FINANCIAL STATEMENT MORRISSEY MISTY JUNE MARIE 03/04/2014 03/04/2014 03/04/2014
ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE BAUERCAMPER JOHN 03/03/2014 03/03/2014 03/03/2014
Comments: PTC 4/7/14 @9:30AM JTR 4/23/14 @9:30AM
ORDER TO ISSUE WARRANT BAUERCAMPER JOHN 03/03/2014 03/03/2014 03/03/2014
Comments: HOLD W/O BOND
PROBATION VIOLATION REPORT DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SER VICES

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp//SelectFrame

I suspect there is a reason (other than her well-being) that LE is focusing its attention on MC. Does she know what happened to the girls perhaps? IDK but it sure makes me wonder if that's the case. Maybe they will be able to make a plea deal with her for the truth .... JMO

I wonder the same; if her addiction has truly taken off; she is trying not to feel she is attempting to numb herself...and the Question would be WHY and WHAT does she know; what is she self destructing from? The truth of who her husband really is; the truth of whom SHE really is? Because she looks even worse now; makes me think she was involved, I've always felt she knew...and attempted to stage all this publicity stunts like at the racetrack for money.....and that didn't sit well with me :(

I wonder the same; if her addiction has truly taken off; she is trying not to feel she is attempting to numb herself...and the Question would be WHY and WHAT does she know; what is she self destructing from? The truth of who her husband really is; the truth of whom SHE really is? Because she looks even worse now; makes me think she was involved, I've always felt she knew...and attempted to stage all this publicity stunts like at the racetrack for money.....and that didn't sit well with me :(

And just like that, there's the OTHER possible motive.

Not sex.

MONEY.

I suspect there is a reason (other than her well-being) that LE is focusing its attention on MC. Does she know what happened to the girls perhaps? IDK but it sure makes me wonder if that's the case. Maybe they will be able to make a plea deal with her for the truth .... JMO

Yep.

All these in jail/out of jail shenanigans are relevant to the the investigation.

I'm having a hard time believing it'd take much more than losing a daughter and niece to push someone with drug problems over the edge. I've never done drugs, but if my child & niece were kidnapped, murdered and who knows what else, I'd lose it and need to be well medicated. Someone without support, who already is part of the drug culture would easily slip back into old ways when faced with stress.

I was just thinking the same thing. For a person who all ready has a problem with this in their life, it can become a wake up call, or become part of the reason you keep doing it. I still think everything surrounding the drug theory has been a sad distraction for LE. If it had been family connected, I think by now they would have gathered evidence to make an arrest. This theory has been around since the beginning, and as more time goes on I feel this theory is less likely. Same thing goes for MK, the longer time goes on. If this does turn out to be a sex crime, I think it was someone who knew the family and their drug problems and knew the blame would fall on the family. LE thought the girls were alive because they thought this was drug related and a kidnapping for drugs or money. That was a big assumption, they had to base that assumption on something, did the parents also feel at first that the girls were kidnapped for drugs or money? It's possibly, if I were involved in drugs, my first thought would be, did this happen because of something I did wrong. For some reason I could never grasp the drug motive though, I guess because it happened on EC's turf. I'm sure there would have been opportunity to take LC the week before, or any other time, if it had been something against only one set of parents.

Well, no, that's not my experience. There's never been a warning like that around here, not even after obvious sex crimes and not even when we knew there was a serial killer around. If they say anything, they say "no reason to think the community is in danger," or something like that. Even with the serial killer, the most they'd say was "women should always be careful to..." etc. etc. etc. but nothing specific to the situation. It's just not something LE does.

All I got was the school asking for my child to be ID'd. . . . . ?

I really hope there are more facts for LE to work with, and we just don't know about them. Although that definitely begs the question, why no arrest(s) yet?

One fact. Hopefully more than little DNA.

I should clarify about Misty. She no longer has pending drug charges etc, no vinelink record, no current charges. She isn't a prisoner anywhere. It's like all the charges went away. Odd unless she gave some good information about something or someone. jmo

Yes, odd, indeed. . . She looks nothing like Heather. :fence:

an addict doesn't need a reason. the addiction gives them plenty. My Own Opinion is that she is self destructing from knowing she was not mother of the year and her chance to ever do any better at the job [ETA with Lyric] is now gone. To me her apparent continue spiral downward is not a reason but more an excuse to just not give a **** any more.

Sorry to be blunt, but I have known a mother like this and I can tell you, if that mother's child had been kidnapped and brutally murdered, that mother I know would have totally used that as the excuse to just full on self destruct through her method of choice. The demon drug.

an addict doesn't need a reason. the addiction gives them plenty. My Own Opinion is that she is self destructing from knowing she was not mother of the year and her chance to ever do any better at the job [ETA with Lyric] is now gone. To me her apparent continue spiral downward is not a reason but more an excuse to just not give a **** any more.

Sorry to be blunt, but I have known a mother like this and I can tell you, if that mother's child had been kidnapped and brutally murdered, that mother I know would have totally used that as the excuse to just full on self destruct through her method of choice. The demon drug.

What comes first, the abduction or the addiction?

The addiction.

Misty had long since given up being a mum. Her drugs came first so we can't be surprised that they still do.

She still has a living child who is watching every step she takes, straight past him to go party, then on to jail.

Zero sympathy from me. Less than zero.

Can someone point me to the link where LE says that the family has been cleared? I don't remember seeing that in MSM anywhere. Thanks in advance.

What comes first, the abduction or the addiction?

The addiction.

Misty had long since given up being a mum. Her drugs came first so we can't be surprised that they still do.

She still has a living child who is watching every step she takes, straight past him to go party, then on to jail.

Zero sympathy from me. Less than zero.

I am sympathetic her daughter is dead, as I would be with any parent who lost a child to murder. I am unsympathetic with the fact that she has chosen drugs long before her daughter was killed. As I said, she is opting to fully self destruct. She is making that choice, and the death of Lyric is probably her big excuse for why she is running off the rails right now and apparently fast. But before Lyric was gone the excuse was probably a lot of lesser somethings over the years.

I do not think we are disagreeing necessarily. My point with my post is that there will always be an excuse for an addict to use. Whether it is "poor me, my life is so hard" or "poor me, something horrible happened to me child (ie. me)"

I find it sad, that drugs will make people act in this manner. But they do. And meth in particular literally kills your brain over time.

She was very fortunate to be able to get away.
I hope they can catch those guys.

At the bottom of the article from your link was a link to another missing girl from New Hampton. New Hampton is about 44 miles up the road from Evansdale. Ashlee Ruhl is 16 and has been missing since March 7th.
I hope she turns out to be okay and not the break we need for this case.
Here is her thread.

IA IA - Ashlee Ruhl, 16, New Hampton, 7 March 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I am sympathetic her daughter is dead, as I would be with any parent who lost a child to murder. I am unsympathetic with the fact that she has chosen drugs long before her daughter was killed. As I said, she is opting to fully self destruct. She is making that choice, and the death of Lyric is probably her big excuse for why she is running off the rails right now and apparently fast. But before Lyric was gone the excuse was probably a lot of lesser somethings over the years.

I do not think we are disagreeing necessarily. My point with my post is that there will always be an excuse for an addict to use. Whether it is "poor me, my life is so hard" or "poor me, something horrible happened to me child (ie. me)"

I find it sad, that drugs will make people act in this manner. But they do. And meth in particular literally kills your brain over time.

Yes, I don't think Misty was a rocket scientist before her addiction, but her mug shot shows what IQ she did have, has been eaten away.

Ironic to think Dan, who arguably started then fed her addiction, is probably the picture of good health and clean living, now he's incarcerated.

As far as sympathy for bereaved parents - I compare Denise Morecombe who's son Daniel was abducted and murdered down here.

The poor woman aged overnight and to this day her eyes are so full of grief and pain you can barely look at her. The entire family changed forever that day, their grief is still palpable. They are victims too.

I never saw this look, in anyones face, with the exception of Drew.

Still haven't. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member