IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you skeet. Do you remember what show you were watching? Excellent site BTW and I signed up. It was free and since we might be giving the internet away who knows how much longer it will be free :steamed: I am not getting a picture yet. Have to verify my account. It seems to me that a lot of cold cases are being solved right now which definitely gives me hope. I have been checking out several cold cases here at Websleuths. This is such an excellent site I hope it never goes away. :tantrum:

It was Investigation ID, I watch a lot on that channel.

Nope...even though they were "hoping to release that information by the end of the week" on the original report.

I'd call it comical at this point, if not so sad. There is a reason LE is holding back that information and I personally don't buy for ONE SECOND that it's because they don't know. They know...and they aren't sharing. Why?

Yeah, they do know and they aren't telling. No fair! :twocents: I interpret that two ways:

1. It was a sexual predator who took the girls, but LE doesn't want people to panic because it was not MJK and the perv killer is still on the loose so they just aren't saying anything. Just loose warnings w/o specific information.

2. It was not MJK and LE still has no clue about who killed the girls but they don't want the public to know just how clueless they are regarding the murders.

I think LE would have blasted it from the mountain tops if they could definitely say MJK was the killer. :truce:

Here is a mugshot of Jason Stolfus. I would guess he's bi-racial.

http://m.wcfcourier.com/ho-jason-cu...11e1-84ee-001a4bcf887a.html?mobile_touch=true

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yes, biracial. He could easily be mistaken for white, but I believe he is biracial too. He's scarier to me than DM, JMO - doesn't mean he's a killer. If he goes to the same prison as DM, if I were DM I would be scared too. 'Specially if he ratted out his partner in crime - I would think not too cool in the drug/meth "business." But. . . the ratting out came after the abduction or before. . . or before and after? JCS was already in jail at the time of the abduction or arrested shortly after?

Thank you RNer. Okay dokey! I "took a walk" with "sin" again. Hard to identify with someone who glorifies drive-by shootings and fighting pitt bulls. Would not take that walk alone for sure.

Thoughts: This guy probably does have a local following and is "famous" especially in a lot of young people's eyes just because of the youtube videos that could be easily accessed by anyone, including Lyric and Elizabeth, but more likely Lyric. She was approaching rebellious teenager years. So sad when he could have a positive influence, but chose the other road. He should have "taken the one less traveled" and made a huge difference in a positive way. A waste!

Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920.

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

:gday: Tipping my 10 gallon hat and stepping back out to think and ponder :coffeeup: and pray for a break in Elizabeth and Lyric's case. :HHJP: :wave:

3CK, skeet and me :Bennymonkey: watching ID! Ha. :drumroll:

Happy April Fool's day everyone! :croc:

P.S.: :seeya: @ SS! Eager to hear thoughts, opinions, theories, et. al. Just doesn't feel like Evelyn Miller's case where it seems (although I did not follow that case) LE knew pretty quickly who was the perpetrator. From what I have read, LE released a lot more information in Evelyn's case than Elizabeth and Lyric's case. JMO. :moo:

For one thing, everyone knew who was the last person to see Evelyn alive. We do not know who last saw the girls alive ____________________ (fill in the blank).

Finally...someone is paying attention to my thoughts on Jason Stolfus!!!!

Way back in the beginning, I made mention of Jason, as well as Chelsea Behrs (the other partner in crime with Dan and Jason) as being involved in my opinion, and even posted the rap video. Understandably, because there were so many other theories and suspects at the time, my comments and theories were disregarded. Although, it saddens me that this case has not been solved yet, I am glad that someone else is willing to take a look at the possibility of their involvement!

The video offers a glimpse of the kind of people Dan did business with. The vehicles and the occupants in the video, in my opinion, would be noticeable, if they were parked somewhere "just chillin", which is why in a conversation with Gamerdinger "way back when", I asked him if he saw cars and occupants in the parking lot at the park. His reply to me was that he had, but he was not willing to share that information with me. I'm not saying Gamerdinger or anyone else saw this, but if he or others had, they would have noticed and been able to recall it.

Stolfus and Behrs also disappeared shortly after the disappearances, and I believe were listed as "most wanted" before being located and returned to Blackhawk County for other charges.

Motive for kidnapping and murder???Pick one and they fit it, in my opinion!

Thanks for listening!

Finally...someone is paying attention to my thoughts on Jason Stolfus!!!!

Way back in the beginning, I made mention of Jason, as well as Chelsea Behrs (the other partner in crime with Dan and Jason) as being involved in my opinion, and even posted the rap video. Understandably, because there were so many other theories and suspects at the time, my comments and theories were disregarded. Although, it saddens me that this case has not been solved yet, I am glad that someone else is willing to take a look at the possibility of their involvement!

The video offers a glimpse of the kind of people Dan did business with. The vehicles and the occupants in the video, in my opinion, would be noticeable, if they were parked somewhere "just chillin", which is why in a conversation with Gamerdinger "way back when", I asked him if he saw cars and occupants in the parking lot at the park. His reply to me was that he had, but he was not willing to share that information with me. I'm not saying Gamerdinger or anyone else saw this, but if he or others had, they would have noticed and been able to recall it.

Stolfus and Behrs also disappeared shortly after the disappearances, and I believe were listed as "most wanted" before being located and returned to Blackhawk County for other charges.

Motive for kidnapping and murder???Pick one and they fit it, in my opinion!

Thanks for listening!

Always scratching at the back of my mind, have not forgotten those long ago posts, waited for the right pause so to speak to remind. Thanks RNER.

RNER, Please do not think your posts were disregarded. You have been here since the beginning and I, like dotr, have not forgotten your posts. There was so much dysfunction in the family (my family put the "FUN" in dysfunctional) it was a huge distraction from the facts, just the facts ma'am. Thank you again for bringing Jason and Chelsea and the videos to the forefront again. In the first video "walk wit me" there is a white van in that video. Sin raps beside it. It is not solid white and has some markings on it. I think it would definitely stand out if it were seen in E'dale and Meyers lake. So glad you asked TG about anyone "chillin". Definitely would have a regular around the lake recall. I hope LE is thinking like you have been RNER!

One question, does anyone think the girls could have been taken to Waterloo and held in some abandoned house or building there and killed and then dumped at 7-Bridges? I know there was an air search the evening the girls disappeared though I don't know if 7-Bridges would have been included in that search and with heavy plant overgrowth and forest canopy in July a vehicle might have avoided being seen from the air.

Behrs and Stolfus disappearing soon after the abductions is a huge red flag. Come on LE. This case can be solved.

Different times I have searched for news articles about arson and abandoned buildings. I have had no luck in finding anything though. Was thinking the killer took them someplace where it would be less noticed by the public, killed them and then took them to Seven Bridges. IMO

Off topic: Two hour special on ID regarding IK tomorrow. Set your DVR's, hoppers, Genies, etc. al. 7:00 o'clock Central Time. Second part follows at 8:00 o'clock central time. Dark Minds! Channel 192 ID on Dish.

Yep.

As predicted, the sleuthing has come full circle, back to Dad, Mom, and Associates.

:(

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/go...cle_62e6f1f9-0ae0-56db-8c2f-5e63ad844192.html

New law passed in Iowa regarding kidnappers.

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/Community-Remembers-Cousins--234576451.html
I don't know how you can have this many leads and still not connect something. As far as eliminating MK, if they had DNA from the girls, he would have been eliminated already. It's possible that had some but it was compromised because of the length of time the girls were out in the elements, OR they have no DNA at all.

Thanks skeet!

<snipped from article>

"Senate File 2201 would prevent inmates who have committed several sexual or violent crimes against a minor from being released from prison early." (this is very good news)

"Kidnapping a person 17 and under would be considered a Class B felony punishable for up to 25 years. Any additional kidnapping convictions would be an automatic Class B felony subjected to the mandatory minimum sentencing provisions. There is an exception for relatives who kidnap their child, under 18, in attempt to obtain custody of the child."

&#8220;I simply cannot condone the thought of allowing inmates to reap the reward of being released early simply because they behaved themselves behind bars especially when they decided the victim they chose to offend upon is a child,&#8221; said Rep. Chip Baltimore, R-Boone, the bill&#8217;s floor manager." (amen!) http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/go...cle_62e6f1f9-0ae0-56db-8c2f-5e63ad844192.html

I am happy this passed, but sad that we had to lose Kathlynn and Little D had to suffer (and all of the other innocent victims from said circumstances) before the law was passed.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/go...cle_62e6f1f9-0ae0-56db-8c2f-5e63ad844192.html

New law passed in Iowa regarding kidnappers.

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/Community-Remembers-Cousins--234576451.html
I don't know how you can have this many leads and still not connect something. As far as eliminating MK, if they had DNA from the girls, he would have been eliminated already. It's possible that had some but it was compromised because of the length of time the girls were out in the elements, OR they have no DNA at all.

I'm leaning on the side of no DNA at all. But, hopeful, I am wrong. 1,100 leads is a LOT! But, maybe when the lead investigator was removed from the case for misconduct, LE had to start from the beginning and go back through the leads one by one again. I wonder how many investigators are working the case now?? I would venture to say leads are still coming in although fewer and farther between.

<snipped> Article dated December 5, 2013
"EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) - Investigators are still getting calls regarding two Iowa cousins whose bodies were found a year ago about 25 miles from where they were last seen.

Gerald Meyers of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation told The Des Moines Register that investigators have had more than 1,100 leads.

Read more: http://www.kcrg.com/home/top-9/Community-Remembers-Cousins--234576451.html#ixzz2xgvgrAcJ

Oh this is just lovely (snipped from same article):

"Officials continue to search for any link to Michael Klunder, who police say abducted two girls from Dayton in May and killed one before killing himself.

Meyers says no evidence linking Klunder to the Evansdale case has been found, but investigators haven't ruled him out either.
Read more: http://www.kcrg.com/home/top-9/Community-Remembers-Cousins--234576451.html#ixzz2xgwC6WVR

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Last week, there was a shooting/robbery at Veridian credit union, maybe 1.5 miles west of Evansdale on Lafayette. There were lots of comments on Facebook about that area, much of that stretch of Lafayette from Evansdale to Waterloo has crack houses, etc. Don't really knows if that's true, but the comment up thread about the girls possibly being held in an abandoned house made me think.... Probably not to far from Stolfus's stomping grounds.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

whatever happened to the charges against Stolfus, did he ever go to trial or what??
I cannot recall.
thanks

that is pathetic.
JMO

:notgood: Yeah, pathetic. Stinks, sucks!! I read Dr. Know's post, but it didn't hit home until I watched "sin's videos" and reading palamindo's post. :pullhair: I do not understand. I will never understand. :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member