IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am convinced Waterloo is the den of iniquity and LE should be investigating sin and his posse a little closer.

an
yone notice this?
chelsea beahr I recall plead guilty and was on probation, now I see she is in prison for burglary

Chelsea Colleen Beahr
Offender Number 6001749
Sex F
Birth Date 01/06/1991
Age 23
Location Iowa Correctional Institution for Women
Offense BURGLARY 3RD DEGREE
County Of Commitment Black Hawk
Commitment Date 10/15/2013
Duration 5 Years 5 Months 28 Days
TDD/SDD * 09/05/2015
* TDD = Tentative Discharge Date
* SDD = Supervision Discharge Date
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR NOTIFICATION ON ANY CHANGES TO THIS OFFENDER’S CUSTODY STATUS

Supervision Status Offense Class County of Commitment End Date
Prison D Felony Black Hawk
Prison Serious Misdemeanor Black Hawk

Probation Aggravated Misdemeanor Black Hawk
Probation Serious Misdemeanor Black Hawk

Probation D Felony Black Hawk 10/11/2013

http://www.doc.state.ia.us/OffenderInfo.asp#list

Always scratching at the back of my mind, have not forgotten those long ago posts, waited for the right pause so to speak to remind. Thanks RNER.

If stolfus and/or beahr were in on this, I find it hard to believe they have not figured out their whereabouts and enough evidence on them by now?

yes, they surely had a motive, but dan changed his plea. Maybe they didn't believe him?

Or if their friends/relatives knew they were unaccounted for on 7/13, don't you think they would have gone to LE for the reward $$ by now?

Dan took the rap, the heat and all the prison time for all 3 of them combined.

I would think if Dan knew or suspected them, LE would surely know by now?? He's not going anywhere.

But, if they all were doing drugs at the time, who knows!

If stolfus and/or beahr were in on this, I find it hard to believe they have not figured out their whereabouts and enough evidence on them by now?

yes, they surely had a motive, but dan changed his plea. Maybe they didn't believe him?

Or if their friends/relatives knew they were unaccounted for on 7/13, don't you think they would have gone to LE for the reward $$ by now?

I would think if Dan knew or suspected them, LE would surely know by now?? He's not going anywhere.

Actually thought that video was pretty decent, I did not intend to point fingers especially if they are all clean.
Sometimes it is the hanger-ons you have to watch for imo.
In the video at 1.48 are those kids/ teens on those souped up monkey handle bikes? Are those little bikes fast?

Last week, there was a shooting/robbery at Veridian credit union, maybe 1.5 miles west of Evansdale on Lafayette. There were lots of comments on Facebook about that area, much of that stretch of Lafayette from Evansdale to Waterloo has crack houses, etc. Don't really knows if that's true, but the comment up thread about the girls possibly being held in an abandoned house made me think.... Probably not to far from Stolfus's stomping grounds.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I found JJB moving again unless it's an old address and is just minutes away from that credit union & Lafayette (previous since 12/13 or so was Airline Hwy, I believe). Not doubting you on JS and area. Just thought I'd mention that he's in that area too.

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/IA130107026/Jesse-James-Bowser.html

Hmmm, that address at the link looks like just an intersection via google maps.

I don't necessarily believe sin and beahr were responsible, but as dotr put it "the hanger-ons" of which there are many could know something/be involved and as RNER said in this particular situation "pick a motive and it fits." I agree. JJB is up there as highly suspect IMO (yucky, icky). Dan obviously was not happy the day Lyric and her cousin were late getting home to Misty and Wylma. Misty seemed to want to push it off as nothing. Waterloo is not a community where kids can roam at will - predators at every corner, intersection, parks, next door, down the street. . . DANGER! Frankly, I'm surprised Lyric hadn't disappeared sooner in the situation she was smack dab in the middle of. :twocents:

Yes, they surely had a motive, but dan changed his plea, too late? Maybe they didn't believe him? Most likely to me.

Dan took the rap, the heat and all the prison time for all 3 of them combined. Sadly, I suspected DM at first. It was intuition from the news at the time. Drugs seemed to be involved.

Hope the LE dispells it all. I don't like my short theories. Not at all. The only thing we know is they were arrested together. Also a minor...I believe at the time.

I don't necessarily believe sin and beahr were responsible, but as dotr put it "the hanger-ons" of which there are many could know something/be involved and as RNER said in this particular situation "pick a motive and it fits." I agree. JJB is up there as highly suspect IMO (yucky, icky). Dan obviously was not happy the day Lyric and her cousin were late getting home to Misty and Wylma. Misty seemed to want to push it off as nothing. Waterloo is not a community where kids can roam at will - predators at every corner, intersection, parks, next door, down the street. . . DANGER! Frankly, I'm surprised Lyric hadn't disappeared sooner in the situation she was smack dab in the middle of. :twocents:

Yes,this x's 100! If this was ONLY in regards to Dan/Misty there were MULTIPLE opportunities to "make a point" when it comes to Lyric. But no...this perp not only abducted, but killed both Lyric AND Elizabeth.

On the Collin's turf.

Not in the hood of Waterloo, where it would have been a million opportunities and only one girl to contend with.

Could not tell you why, but I've always had a tickly sort of feeling that Elizabeth might have been the main target. Assuming it wasn't random bad luck.

Another thought about stolfus and beahr, maybe it started out just to scare Dan, then something went awry and the plan had to change.
I wonder if who did this ever thought this case would get so much attention once they figured out they were not in the lake.

However, one reason I do not think it is them, it seems more organized than the two of them "appear" to me to be able to pull off.

But on the other hand, those two surely knew Lyric's routine and whereabouts and the situation with Heather and her illness to get them at a vulnerable moment. Plus Lyric probably knew them too and may not of been hesitant to go with them. They could have given the girls any story to get them in a vehicle.

Interesting how stolfus has been able to stay "out of the limelight" since then.
JMO

Actually thought that video was pretty decent, I did not intend to point fingers especially if they are all clean.
Sometimes it is the hanger-ons you have to watch for imo.
In the video at 1.48 are those kids/ teens on those souped up monkey handle bikes? Are those little bikes fast?

Honestly, I thought the same thing. Very professional looking (not the one with the bikes), complete with location and "wardrobe" changes but no loss of continuity. Actually I find it interesting that it's so good, and basically lip synced. I mean, does he have some other connections????

Another thought about stolfus and beahr, maybe it started out just to scare Dan, then something went awry and the plan had to change.
I wonder if who did this ever thought this case would get so much attention once they figured out they were not in the lake.

However, one reason I do not think it is them, it seems more organized than the two of them "appear" to me to be able to pull off.

But on the other hand, those two surely knew Lyric's routine and whereabouts and the situation with Heather and her illness to get them at a vulnerable moment. Plus Lyric probably knew them too and may not of been hesitant to go with them. They could have given the girls any story to get them in a vehicle.

Interesting how stolfus has been able to stay "out of the limelight" since then.
JMO

Excellent points! Motive and means - stolfus and beahr could have both. I would be interested in how well Lyric knew them. Possibly quite well. How easy would it be to lure an adolescent with the promise of being in a youtube video with sin? Of course Lyric would have said she was to go to her cousin's house in E'dale, but then be told to bring your cousin with you - we could shoot a scene at Meyers Lake with you and your cousin in some of the shots. But, don't tell grandma. Bikes flying to Meyers lake only to be told we're going to start the video at a different place and end back up Meyers Lake so leave your bikes here - no worries. Girls go willingly, perhaps back to Waterloo, perhaps 7-Bridges. Story hits the big time and keeping girls hidden become a huge liability. No longer worth more alive than dead so they are killed.

Is it still too early for LE to revisit everyone's alibis? Could someone be willing to say so-and-so was not with them when the girls disappeared now?
MM - at work. Wylma and Aunt T - hairdresser. HC - dr appointment. Drew - sick at home. DM - mother's house w/son. Mia - work. stolfus and beahr? :tantrum:

Honestly, I thought the same thing. Very professional looking (not the one with the bikes), complete with location and "wardrobe" changes but no loss of continuity. Actually I find it interesting that it's so good, and basically lip synced. I mean, does he have some other connections????

I agree! They weren't bad videos. The video with the gold bike - if the Pope had a bicycle that's what it would look like. And, yeah- does sin have other connections? Who could be backing him? Plus he's got quite the little posse. And, just how close were he and Dan - brothas from another motha? When did their relationship sour? :scared:

Excellent points! Motive and means - stolfus and beahr could have both. I would be interested in how well Lyric knew them. Possibly quite well. How easy would it be to lure an adolescent with the promise of being in a youtube video with sin? Of course Lyric would have said she was to go to her cousin's house in E'dale, but then be told to bring your cousin with you - we could shoot a scene at Meyers Lake with you and your cousin in some of the shots. But, don't tell grandma. Bikes flying to Meyers lake only to be told we're going to start the video at a different place and end back up Meyers Lake so leave your bikes here - no worries. Girls go willingly, perhaps back to Waterloo, perhaps 7-Bridges. Story hits the big time and keeping girls hidden become a huge liability. No longer worth more alive than dead so they are killed.

Is it still too early for LE to revisit everyone's alibis? Could someone be willing to say so-and-so was not with them when the girls disappeared now?
MM - at work. Wylma and Aunt T - hairdresser. HC - dr appointment. Drew - sick at home. DM - mother's house w/son. Mia - work. stolfus and beahr? :tantrum:

I'm almost 100% certain Drew was at work. I thought he wasn't at the house when the girls left. Did I miss him being home sick? :waitasec:

I thought Wylma was the only adult at the Collins home when they took off on their bikes - as she was there daily with Lyric to clean Heather's house - but was there that day early because Heather had an appt that morning.

Not sure where I got Dan was home sick. . . . Did we discuss that Dan could have been working close by and the girls went to see if they could find him?

Not sure where I got Dan was home sick. . . . Did we discuss that Dan could have been working close by and the girls went to see if they could find him?

Dan wasnt working.

He was home taking a nap.

Which has ALWAYS made me wonder what exactly he was doing between being notified (around 2ish?) and arriving on the scene at around 5.

One thing interesting was JS had a contempt of court and a warrant that couldn't be served due to them not being able to locate him in initiated the end of July, 2012 & August, 2012. This was for batterer's classes due to violating an order of protection & harming someone.

RETURN OF SERVICE - DILIGENT SEARCH BLACK HAWK COUNTY SHERIFF 08/09/2012 08/13/2012 08/13/2012
Comments: J STOLFUS/UNABLE TO LOCATE (BEP CONTEMPT)
ORDER SETTING HEARING CALLAHAN NATHAN 08/02/2012 08/03/2012 08/03/2012
Comments: 9/11/12 @ 9:30 AM FOR SHOW CAUSE (BEP)
APPLICATION/INITIATE CONTEMPT - CRIM BATTERER'S EDUCATION PROGRAM 07/30/2012 08/02/2012 08/02/2012

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

Sorry, if you meant Dan - yes he was "home" (at his mother's house) napping. You had noted DREW was home sick, so that's why I mentioned he was working. Dan = "home" Drew = working. :)

Dan wasnt working.

He was home taking a nap.

Which has ALWAYS made me wonder what exactly he was doing between being notified (around 2ish?) and arriving on the scene at around 5.

Here is one I have bookmarked:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

Well, we know the times have changed a bit, but according to Tammy, Dan wasn't even called until after 4. We of course are assuming the timelines are factual.

SBM
(Tammy is speaking):
As a matter of fact, you know, as we were coming down here and came to the lake to look for the girls, he didn`t even know about it. He was at home with his 16-year-old son, Dillon. And the mother, Misty, his wife, she was at work here in Evansdale, Elk Run, which is -- they`re connected. And when Misty got down here to the lake with me and my mother -- Grandma, you know, Misty called Dan immediately. Dan doesn`t have a vehicle. Dan`s mother -- he called his mother. She got off work real quick, went and grabbed Dan and Dillon and brought them down here.

And they started right in on with the rest of us as soon as we were allowed to get to the area where the bicycles were found and the crime tape was released, we were allowed to go in there and just start our own hunt. And that`s what we did. Dan got his four-wheeler and his son, and they went in and just started doing what a dad would do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So what I`m hearing you saying is that he has, in your opinion, a tight alibi. In other words, the children go missing Friday. They leave at around 12. Their -- they don`t come back at 3. Their bikes are found at 4. And he`s called, and he`s in Waterloo, which is not the same city, and comes in.

Depends on the transcript as to who was where (and when) but according to THIS one I have bookmarked he wasn't notified until 4 (which was almost exactly the moment the bikes were found). However, it had to be a little before that because Tammy was at the lake at 2 (with Grandma, running around asking anyone if they'd seen the girls) - and then they were called to the lake to have Drew identify the bikes.

So I think in reality (if everyone's timelines were found to be factual) he would have gotten the call somewhere between 3 and 4 maybe? Then, he called his mom, she got off work, picked him and Dillon up (and also a quad according to Tammy) and drove them to the lake and they arrived 5ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV