IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the youngest Carbuff's teachers kept in touch over the summer after second grade. It was her effort to keep them at least a little in touch with what they'd learned through the year. She said if they wrote her letters, she'd be sure to write back.

that was an awesome thing for the members of the Wapsie Crimson Red-Hatters to make a cash donation :)

I don't think it's odd for a teacher to communicate with students during summer break. My daughter had a wonderful 2nd grade teacher who gave out her address at the end of the school year and told the kids she would reply to any letters they sent her. My daughter absolutely loved getting letters from her.

What I think is odd is the fact that no one has come forward. This person may have been a local, but maybe he/she was also a loner, one who doesn't open up to others, otherwise the reward money of $170,500 would have been in someone's pocket by now. If someone does know something its apparent they don't have a conscience and may take it to their grave. Maybe they have their suspicions but are in denial or they care for the person who did this. If they really cared for this person they should speak up, karma may be just around the bend.

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

What I think is odd is the fact that no one has come forward. This person may have been a local, but maybe he/she was also a loner, one who doesn't open up to others, otherwise the reward money of $170,500 would have been in someone's pocket by now. If someone does know something its apparent they don't have a conscience and may take it to their grave. Maybe they have their suspicions but are in denial or they care for the person who did this. If they really cared for this person they should speak up, karma may be just around the bend.

Maybe perp does not need/ want the money?

I think it is possible someone has suspicions, but their relationship with the perp is more valuable to them than the reward. For instance, a mother would probably try very hard NOT to suspect her son of such a horrible crime. JMO. A lot of rationalization could take place IMO.

Another motivation is fear. If you're a close relation of somebody who was ruthless enough to kill two girls, you might figure you were in considerable danger.

Another motivation is fear. If you're a close relation of somebody who was ruthless enough to kill two girls, you might figure you were in considerable danger.
That is a definite possibility!

Does a little girl talking to a teacher on the phone in the summer strike anyone else as odd? Or was it just me that I just that glad to be out of school that I'd never consider such a thing?

I work in a primary school in the UK, and I think I'd be hauled in to answer a number of questions if a pupil a) had my phone number, and b) I was talking to them in the holidays. That would definitely not be allowed over here, unless the teacher happened to be a family friend of the parents.

I work in a primary school in the UK, and I think I'd be hauled in to answer a number of questions if a pupil a) had my phone number, and b) I was talking to them in the holidays. That would definitely not be allowed over here, unless the teacher happened to be a family friend of the parents.
I wonder if perhaps the teacher went to the same church as Lizzy and her family.

hm maybe I'm weird but I always loved school and I would've been thrilled if a teacher wanted to keep in touch with me over the summer. I was always sad when school ended. Then again none of them ever did stay in touch so maybe it was more of a legal issue than I ever realized at the time.

I wonder if Lizzy was the same way about liking her teachers, and if so, did she tell her teacher anything? I'm sure they've followed up on this, or at least I hope so.

hm maybe I'm weird but I always loved school and I would've been thrilled if a teacher wanted to keep in touch with me over the summer. I was always sad when school ended. Then again none of them ever did stay in touch so maybe it was more of a legal issue than I ever realized at the time.

I wonder if Lizzy was the same way about liking her teachers, and if so, did she tell her teacher anything? I'm sure they've followed up on this, or at least I hope so.
I loved school, too. I never kept in touch with my teachers during the summer, but none of them ever gave us contact info.

I think the story about Lizzy staying in touch confirms what a friendly little girl she was. I think she probably considered a lot of people to be "friends".

If I remember correctly, Lizzy was also friends with the people close to the lake whose daughter was murdered by the doctor, a radiologist.

The shelter at Angels Park was dedicated to the one you were thinking of.
Did her parents live near the lake?

The park’s shelter is dedicated to Lindsay Nichols, 22, who was shot by her boyfriend in Jesup, in May of 2012; and each of four gazebos throughout the park are dedicated to Elizabeth Collins, Lyric Cook Morrissey, Donnisha Hill, 13, (abducted in Waterloo and found murdered in Illinois), and Evelyn Miller (sexually molested and murdered in Floyd, Iowa, in July of 2005).
http://www.communitynewspapergroup....cle_cce88da6-71a0-11e4-9a36-675360758cfb.html

Here is an article which details her death and family.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-just-hours-revealed-new-lover-Facebook.html

I don't get it, if they suspect that the person who did this was a local, then why can't they match up the white boxy van? Just feel I want to rant today.

I can't seem to copy and paste from the article. For those of us who feel this terrible crime is drug-related, there is mention of that possibility in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member