IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also remember the paddle boat discussions and whether they were talking about a foot peddling type boat or a boat with oars or paddles. Also, looking in all the backyards and at docks for them via google maps. I don't think LE ever released any info if someone did eventually come forth about it.

I do remember info being out there about a mother coming forth about her son in the Fareway incident and LE later discounting it, maybe because of their time line. I just can't remember how the info came out though.

I think there is a lot of info LE has that they have taken under their wraps as evidence, by either squashing the public info or never releasing it to start with. I wish they would be more open with the public without harming their case though.

I also remember the paddle boat discussions and whether they were talking about a foot peddling type boat or a boat with oars or paddles. Also, looking in all the backyards and at docks for them via google maps. I don't think LE ever released any info if someone did eventually come forth about it.

I do remember info being out there about a mother coming forth about her son in the Fareway incident and LE later discounting it, maybe because of their time line. I just can't remember how the info came out though.

I think there is a lot of info LE has that they have taken under their wraps as evidence, by either squashing the public info or never releasing it to start with. I wish they would be more open with the public without harming their case though.

Here is the bookmark I have on this - post #12

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...vansdale-13-July-2012-7&p=8188396#post8188396

I was thinking that the perp may not have been in a paddle boat at all, that it was possible just used as a ploy to get the girls to go there.

Glad to know that they came forward. We don't know if they were actually out on the lake though, do we?
Nothing has come out about a boat being stolen, so maybe it was a ploy by the perp to get at the girls.
Or, maybe LE wanted to talk to anyone on or around the lake to see if they had seen anything.

More info on the search for paddle boater or paddle boat owners. It appears witnesses from the area at the lake that afternoon reported seeing paddle boater on the lake at some point. Police appear to have been looking for that boater in order to see if they witnessed anything that may be related to the abduction or seemed suspicious. At some point the boater apparently came forward (per WS post previously linked by another member) and were apparently unable to offer any information that was helpful.

Earlier this week, officials asked that someone who was seen paddle-boating on Meyers Lake that Friday contact authorities, but the person still has not done so, Breault said this morning.

"They've had several people who think someone was (paddle-boating on the lake), but they're still looking for someone who was said to be out there," she said.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-26/iowa-missing-cousins/56503354/1

Investigators working on the case of two missing northeast Iowa girls want to interview a person who was paddle-boating on a lake that’s near where the girl’s bicycles were found.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2012/07/24...-as-search-for-missing-girls-enters-12th-day/

Also Monday, investigators sought to interview a person who was paddle- boating on Meyers Lake. The boater is not a suspect, but authorities would like to interview all those who were at Meyers Lake on the afternoon of July 13, regardless of whether they saw the girls.

Agents believe the boater was on the lake between noon and 1 p.m. Authorities did not know if the paddle boat was rented or privately owned or what type of paddle boat it was.

http://archive.desmoinesregister.co...ly-cooperation-better-case-missing-Iowa-girls

I clearly remember the discussions about them stopping and asking for directions, but I don't remember them mentioning a paddleboat ride. Maybe I just missed that piece, but I can't seem to find that anywhere. :( Do you remember any details about it?

No, I don't remember that at all - even from reading the rumors I remember hearing it was about directions, but nothing about a paddleboat ride. I'm trying to figure out where that changed.

I do not recall the paddle boat being associated with the rumor stop at the Fareway asking for directions to the lake. I remember them as being separate items of interest/discussion. If I remember right, there was speculation that perhaps the girls had been lured to the lake with the promise of a paddle boat ride and not knowing quite how to get there on their bikes, stopped at the Fareway to ask directions. I think the rumored Fareway stop/directions thing was at about the same time LE announced they would like to talk to paddle boater, hence members were speculating on how those two items could be combined with girls not allowed to go to the lake seemingly going there anyway.

For what it's worth (and it might not be much) I know one house on Lake St. has owned a paddle boat for years. I would guess it's likely there are other neighbors on the lake with paddleboats, as well.

I clearly remember the discussions about them stopping and asking for directions, but I don't remember them mentioning a paddleboat ride. Maybe I just missed that piece, but I can't seem to find that anywhere. :( Do you remember any details about it?

There is pages and pages about LE looking to speak with someone who had a paddle boat and there was a lot of discussion of about the kids stopping by the Fareway asking directions.

There is pages and pages about LE looking to speak with someone who had a paddle boat and there was a lot of discussion of about the kids stopping by the Fareway asking directions.

Yes, that is true, however I don't believe the two were related - from what I remember. Breault had, on more than one occasion, asked for the person paddle boating to come forward. Mentioned they were NOT considered a suspect, but more so potentially a witness.

Then, there were rumors on FB about the girls asking for directions to Fareway (by a mother, her son worked at the store). She stated that LE had come in to question her son (and others) who had stated that the girls stopped while they were out back of the store on a break, and had asked directions to the lake.

From my recollection the two situations weren't related. They didn't ask for directions BECAUSE they were getting a ride in a paddle boat. They had just asked for directions.

I agree with everyone who is saying Fareway and the paddle boat were unrelated in previous discussions. I don't remember at all any such connection being made previously and as far as I can remember, the Fareway thing had nothing to do with the paddle boat. As I recall, the paddle boat conversation stemmed solely from the fact a paddle boat was seen out on the lake that afternoon and then from there people speculated if a paddle boat could have drawn the girls to the water and from there, people started using Google Maps to hunt down houses that had a paddle boat close by.

Tl,dr: Fareway and the paddle boat were two different discussions.

This is reaffirming what I've always thought: the bikes were staged and all the business with the lake was a probably deliberate red herring.

I agree with everyone who is saying Fareway and the paddle boat were unrelated in previous discussions. I don't remember at all any such connection being made previously and as far as I can remember, the Fareway thing had nothing to do with the paddle boat. As I recall, the paddle boat conversation stemmed solely from the fact a paddle boat was seen out on the lake that afternoon and then from there people speculated if a paddle boat could have drawn the girls to the water and from there, people started using Google Maps to hunt down houses that had a paddle boat close by.

Tl,dr: Fareway and the paddle boat were two different discussions.

Thank you, that is how I recall it as well. Two separate items of discussion that were going on at about the same time so members speculated using both those items but to my knowledge, they were never connected aside from speculation and the timing of the info being made public.

I do wonder if Elizabeth added anything to the question of which direction the lake was, since she was so friendly and chatty.

What can we do? How can we connect the child murderer who *probably* currently lives in the Evansdale area and *probably* has family still residing in the 7 Bridges Park area?

Does this guys family not connect the dots?

How can WE get the murderer's family, friends or loved ones to connect HIM to the crime?

I say we get a social media campaign going with 1 well done flyer that can be shared on Facebook Twitter and Instagram.

The MESSAGE needs to be direct.

Does someone you know, go to 7 Bridges Park, currently or during the past 50 years?

If so, please call authorities with their name so they can be ruled out in the heinous double murder of Evansdale girls Lyric and Elizabeth, who disappeared on July 13, 2012.

The focus needs to be on the person, not the girls. If you know what I mean?

I will make a poster to share tomorrow, if nobody has done one by then. I am on my way out for the evening.

How do we know the killer is male? (I mean I know odds are, yes, but not necessarily)

And even on here, where people are super aware, I've seen people post that they or people they know have been to 7 Bridges but they aren't calling because those people aren't suspicious/would never/etc. If you know you're innocent and you're sure everyone you know is innocent, why call?

Please don't get me wrong, I think the poster is a good idea, I just wonder what would make it actually WORK when people already aren't calling.

How do we know the killer is male? (I mean I know odds are, yes, but not necessarily)

And even on here, where people are super aware, I've seen people post that they or people they know have been to 7 Bridges but they aren't calling because those people aren't suspicious/would never/etc. If you know you're innocent and you're sure everyone you know is innocent, why call?

Please don't get me wrong, I think the poster is a good idea, I just wonder what would make it actually WORK when people already aren't calling.

Call made here :) Like I said...I don't want the feds at my door. LOL

The strategy can work, but I agree it is a broad sector of the population to pin down. Perhaps they want to see who is named the most often by people calling in. For instance, if Joe Blow's name comes up as being a frequent visitor and he hasn't responded...time for a closer look at Joe.

I recall on one case LE rounded up every male on an island and did DNA testing. They knew the men who did not respond to the request and went after them. (Turned out it was the garbage man who did come in for the test initially, IIRC)

To those who feel the bikes were staged. Why did the dogs detect their scents and followed their scents to the edge of the woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop