IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family called to elementary school by police. An officer tried to coax Tammy Brousseau, aunt, back in. She drove off #evansdalesearch
by jensmanuel via twitter 7:24 PM

Family called to elementary school by police. An officer tried to coax Tammy Brousseau, aunt, back in. She drove off #evansdalesearch
by jensmanuel via twitter 7:24 PM

What the heck??

ON a positive note...I doubt having the family all meet at the command center is to deliver really bad news. I would imagine they would have the common decency to tell them privately at their own homes. Not make a big announcement about it and deliver devastating news for all the cameras outside to see.

Maybe they are being called to identify an item of clothing, shoes or something found that could belong to one of the girls?

Didn't know that TJ Hart had left Florida... hearing his voice on JVM made the mess that is HaLeigh's case, come back to mind. I don't want to see this case go down that road... I hope TJ has broken his association with the circus that went on in Satsuma.

:what::what:

That's what I thought too...for her to NOT come back, makes me think something bad was discovered or said. :( If it were good news NO ONE would be leaving the location until those girls were back in their parents arms. :(

Just got back on after doing family things - what is going on does anybody know?

Just got back on after doing family things - what is going on does anybody know?

The family was called by LE to go to the command center. I think it's near the lake. We're all waiting for news on why. :(

This is just simply not looking good at all. Oh my goodness .... my goodness.

Then why can't they just say that? It's not like admitting they have credible leads/theories is out out of line. If they don't want to answer, then say "I can't answer that as it may hinder the investigation, but what I can tell you is..." I just feel like it's pointless to have a press conference where people are allowed to ask questions if they aren't going to answer.

If you have nothing new, then put it on the news that "no additional details are able to be released at this time". Done. Abben, who is doing the press conferences is just looking ridiculous when asked some of the questions. For cryin' out loud the FBI has released/confirmed details to MSM he claims to have no knowledge of.

I mean honestly, how long can people continue to have faith in LE when 7 dang days into the investigation they have "no new information"? No one is going to argue with them withholding details, but a general statement of "we are confident in how the investigation is going, we are making progress, etc." would be a lot more comforting for locals at this point. If you have NOTHING like you claim, then why shouldn't I be concerned for my kids safety with them still missing?:banghead:

My guess is that right now, LE is still throwing names into the suspect pool rather than narrowing it down. If I'm correct, then one reason to keep doing press conferences is to keep the publicity going in order to generate more leads.

My second guess is that it is in part political; every government agency at every level from local to national wants to justify their existence to the public right now. Holding as many press conferences for as long as they can keep the reporters coming in is a way of keeping the agency name and mission in front of the eye of the public.

If I were Abben, I'd be feeling around for the hilt sticking out of my back about now that has the FBI seal on the pommel. I'm sure he runs over what he can release with his superior before each press conference... and then to have the FBI release information he hasn't been allowed to release is probably frustrating as all get out. Plus, the FBI is notorious for this behaviour in many cases, although they aren't quite so blatant about it now as they were in the 1980s and 1990s.

As for why you shouldn't be concerned for your kids' safety... I don't know. I think they are covering all bases and I have seen in many different cases all over the US and Canada the same "we don't have a reason to believe it is foul play" while at the same time making it clear that foul play probably was involved.

What the heck is going on?! If they found the kids alive, the family would be outside rejoicing, wouldn't they?

If they found them dead, would there be reports of crying?

Did they arrest Dan perhaps and want the family to see it happen??? Find something they need more info on from anyone in the family? Want to interview them ALL??? In one large place????

Maybe telling ALL the family to cease communication with the media?

Maybe they got a ransom notice? OMG heart in throat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member