IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've talked about misty being at work, Dan and son at his moms house. Gm was at home. Where were heather and drew?

All of these "silent drownings" have involved one child, or very young children.

The chances that TWO OLDER children silently drowned, together, at exactly the same time, are so remote as to be pretty well zero.

How deep was the lake? We have lakes around here that you can pretty much stand up in, in some parts of the year.

Isn't there a drought? That will lower the level even more.

I suspect the divers are looking for evidence, or deceased bodies, sad to say.

I don't see how it is impossible for 2 children to drown silently. Drowning causes the larynx to freeze up because breathing becomes a priority, it isn't that the child is alone and that is why they are quiet. If they were swimming together, close to each other, and one started to drown and the other went right over to her to help they both would have been pretty quiet since it happened so quickly.

We've talked about misty being at work, Dan and son at his moms house. Gm was at home. Where were heather and drew?

I believe Heather was running errands. I haven't read anything about Drew; I wold assume he was at work.

so far IIRC the bikes were processed but no info released.
Different stories on how bikes were found.
1 man said that he moved them off the path because he almost ran into them when riding his bike. LE saw them against the fence when he arrived.
Interesting, so did he give a time for when he moved them? I hope so

I don't see how it is impossible for 2 children to drown silently. Drowning causes the larynx to freeze up because breathing becomes a priority, it isn't that the child is alone and that is why they are quiet. If they were swimming together, close to each other, and one started to drown and the other went right over to her to help they both would have been pretty quiet since it happened so quickly.

Someone posted a link earlier today about the two teen girls who drowned this summer; only one body was found, the last I knew. It seems to have been a situation where one may have tried to save the other.

All of these "silent drownings" have involved one child, or very young children.

The chances that TWO OLDER children silently drowned, together, at exactly the same time, are so remote as to be pretty well zero.

How deep was the lake? We have lakes around here that you can pretty much stand up in, in some parts of the year.

I'm sorry but this just is not true. As I stated before, if two people are swimming together and one starts to drown, the other will try to help. An UNTRAINED rescuer will be pulled under along with the victim. That is why there is special training on saving a drowning person.

Someone posted a link earlier today about the two teen girls who drowned this summer; only one body was found, the last I knew. It seems to have been a situation where one may have tried to save the other.

And I believe one of them was on a swim team, so it isn't like she didn't know how to swim well!

BBM. I agree with this statement.

I'm wondering about the "last seen" (11:30, 12:15, 12:30?)...I watched NG tonight...As far as she's concerned, the father has an alibi thru both his mother and his son, that he'd been there napping. He was there when he got the phone call about the girls having gone missing. But how can anyone confirm that the grandmother has provided the correct time as to WHEN exactly they went missing? Could it have been even earlier in the day? Who's to say it wasn't, say at 10:00, 10:30,11:00?

P.S. Gosh, I really have to retire for the evening, so I'll come back in the a.m. to read any thoughts on this aspect. Thank you and good night all! My prayers go out for Lyric and Elizabeth.

Maybe this is why LE is not giving a timeline...maybe no other sightings pan out other than what the family "stated"...

Maybe no one was watching them closely and really does not know?

Did you see Gitana's post? ALL of the examples are children between 7-10.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Also, if you are interested, my sister and I almost drowned together at about 8 and 10 years old and I explain exactly how that happened here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

I still don't think those girls would go swimming in that nasty lake. If they're there I don't think they went in willingly.

If the dogs tracked the girls to the lake, or jetty, why are the parents insisting they were never there?

I believe (may be wrong) that ORIGINALLY, they didn't think they girls were ever there (given that they didn't believe they ever went there, nor knew the way to the lake) - but now, the Aunt has stated the dogs went to the water, then continued back into the wooded area and stopped. I don't think they are still in belief that the girls were not there...but I could be misinterpreting the aunt.

Maybe a dumb thought...but if the person to (allegedly) abducted them ran back into the woods AFTER he had them, say, to dump the bikes or toss the purse (assuming he would have touched them), could the scent the dogs are tracking really be the girls scent ON an abductor?:waitasec:

Are there mailboxes on this trail for homes? Do delivery people drive this trail? Are there guys who go there for their lunch hour and just sit?
I hope they pulled all the video in the area including fast food places to see just who all was in the area.

Actually, only one of these girls is older than I was. I was 8 years old at the time and so is Elizabeth now. If my 10 year old sister had been swimming next to me at the time, I would have easily drug her down with me (although she was much smaller than Lyric is).

The water in the part of the lake I was in was maybe 6 feet deep, the raft was close enough to the shore to be easily reached by most kids in the beginner's lessons.

I think tonight's meeting was to
a) tell the family what to expect with the new dive tomorrow
b) tell the family to shut the hell up and stop talking to reporters!

If it was anything other than this, I think the family would be shouting from rooftops in either good or bad news situation.

I think especially Aunt T. would be singing like a canary as she has been all week. I think she was specifically told to zip it. I bet police wanted to ask who the lawyer is, and how to contact him etc and to remind people its an open investigation and they might cause issues for the kids if indeed they were abducted. If I were a cop, I'd be telling T to zip it real quick!

Are the bikes being tested for fingerprints? Then matched against any SO's in the area?
Anyone know?

(Sorry if this has already been covered,...my first time on this thread.)

We know the bikes have been processed by LE. Chief Deputy Rick Abben, Black Hawk County Sheriff's Department spokesperson, said quite firmly that there would be no information released about the results of the processing.

Other than grandma, did anyone else see the girls that morning???
Are there witnesses?? or do we just trust grandma and her time and story about girls going on bike ride? Sorry just have to ask.

I trust Grandma. I think she just got confused with the time. So lets say she last seen them at 1130. Witness saw the bikes at lake at 1230. It gave DM plenty of time to (if he is involved)..and then get home and take a nap. For both parents to lie and say Lyric would not run away when in fact she did, suitcase and all, made my hinky go up.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members