IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then this must be particularily scary for you!! I guess you weren't home that day? Do any of the neighbours stay home during the day? I suppose LE have already been to your home to ask if you saw anything or noticed any suspicious vehicles in the neighbourhood prior to this? Do you ever notice anyone going into that forested area?

It is very scary. You would never think something like this would happen in your town, literally in your own back yard, to people you know. We were home that day, actually in the process of moving. After the girls went missing police did canvass the area and asked everyone on the block questions. A lot of people on the block were working, and no one was really outside because it was gloomy. My neighbors have a lot of kids so they are usually outside with them but I don't think they were that day. I didn't notice anything strange at all. I was home all day while my husband was moving load back and forth from house. We didn't see any cars in the lot. On Monday the FBI went back to the block to requestion everyone and also came to our new house to question us again. I never saw any suspicious vehicles around previously to this.

You know we had a case on here from Canada regarding an 8yr old girl that went missing. The mother had a drug problem and there was a lot of talk about someone taking the child for a debt or for revenge. But realistically, these drug people don't do this kind of thing. There has never been a known case that I'm aware of. If they want to collect on a debt or stop someone from testifying, they go directly after the person in question. Not their child who doesn't even live with them and who was in another town at the time of the abduction. Why would someone in the drug world think that abducting a child to collect on a debt was a good idea? It makes no sense. If this was an abduction, it was a stranger, likely a non registered sex offender. Or possibly one that lives out of the area.

That's what it turned out to be in the other case. And FWIW, he used a female to lure the girl to his car on the premise that she was going to show her a puppy. There have been numerous child abduction attempts just in Iowa alone recently. It's very possible that this was a successful attempt. :(

MOO

When I read your post, the first thing that popped into my head was Jesse James Hollywood.

However, I mostly agree with you, and I don't believe some drug dealers snatched the girls as payback or due to a debt.

Valid points you are making in your post.

How I am thinking is; reduction.

IF there isn't an easy grab and snatch of two girls, where are the other areas one could take/lure these two girls. Willingly, or not.

The lake obviously is one, but I don't have much faith in that.

I wonder if these homes in the area have cameras.

And, to seem to be picking on you, but off the top of my head here:

In Arizona, iirc, not too long ago, a child was taken at gunpoint from a home believed to have (drug) ties to the Mexican cartels. That child was found a little over a week later, hair cut, stumbling around a random border town. Alive and well, but obviously lost and scared. Things like this can't ever be ruled out, and I think this is the reason why they are digging the nails into the Morrisey-Cook family. I don't commend for it, but I see why they would.

Hope all my rambles make sense. Trying to back read and stay current.

*BIG YAWN cause of busy day*

You guys are too fast for me! here's some more info on Cole's case:
The mother of 6-year-old Cole Puffinburger might have been involved in the boy's kidnapping, a Las Vegas police detective said Wednesday.
Julie Puffinburger, who remained under investigation in connection with the Oct. 15 abduction, told authorities she previously had spread rumors about Cole's kidnapping in an attempt to draw her father out of hiding, robbery Lt. Clint Nichols testified at a Family Court custody hearing.

Julie Puffinburger told investigators that on three occasions she visited her bars and her father's hangouts and lied about her son being kidnapped, Nichols said. During those times, Cole was on vacation with his father, Robert Puffinburger, Nichols said.

Julie Puffinburger was Cole's primary caregiver before the kidnapping, but Robert Puffinburger took custody of the boy after the incident at the urging of police.
In his motion for full custody, Robert Puffinburger asked Family Court Judge Gerald Hardcastle to grant the request, citing his son's safety and questions about the mother's involvement in her father's crimes. The motion raised questions about her recent purchases of a new house and vehicles and whether she knew of the impending danger.
One of Robert Puffinburger's lawyers, Bryce Duckworth, said her acceptance of nearly $61,000 in cash from her father should raise red flags when taken with the kidnapping.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/33564389.html

Cole's dad was ultimately granted permanent custody of the boy:
There was also testimony that the mother had previously attempted to fake a kidnapping of Cole in an attempt to get the grandfather to come out of hiding. The judge ultimately awarded custody to Cole's father, Robert Puffinburger, who many will remember as the only parent on camera showing emotion and concern during the horrible ordeal. The mother and grandfather are both under investigation for their alleged roles in what led up to Cole's abduction. Julie Puffinburger will be allowed weekend supervised visits, although they had no comment on that decision as they were reported to have "ran from the building without comment."
http://digitaljournal.com/article/261776

I've never noticed anyone going into the forested area, either. People stick to the trail, so if someone were to see another person in that part, you would definitly think it was odd...

I've never noticed anyone going into the forested area, either. People stick to the trail, so if someone were to see another person in that part, you would definitly think it was odd...

Since you seem to be the only local up late this evening, can you tell me if the construction on the highway goes past the on ramp at River Forest Rd?

TIA

Here is a question...
Mom Misty got out of jail May 30/31. She said they have been swimming a lot (different lake) in the past 5 weeks she was not working. Then she started working at Casey's 5 days before the girls went missing. The Collinses confirmed what I knew from court records that Lyric lived with them for awhile. When did Heather get sick again? And up to what point had Lyric been living with them? Court records show 2007 but I am not sure about that. How long has Lyric been living with grandma? Did she go back to grandma's because Heather got sick or because mom got out of jail?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

What I know from the following article is that Heather Collins went into sudden heart failure in November 2010.

She was hospitalised for problems with her pacemaker sometime in the week beginning on 2 July 2012.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/th...cle_94b14cc4-cf32-11e1-9131-001a4bcf887a.html

My impression is that Wylma Cook took custody of Lyric at some point before 2010 but I cannot find a source for that. I dimly think that it may have been 2007, after Misty was released from prison the first time but that is more of an impression than an actual memory.

It is very scary. You would never think something like this would happen in your town, literally in your own back yard, to people you know. We were home that day, actually in the process of moving. After the girls went missing police did canvass the area and asked everyone on the block questions. A lot of people on the block were working, and no one was really outside because it was gloomy. My neighbors have a lot of kids so they are usually outside with them but I don't think they were that day. I didn't notice anything strange at all. I was home all day while my husband was moving load back and forth from house. We didn't see any cars in the lot. On Monday the FBI went back to the block to requestion everyone and also came to our new house to question us again. I never saw any suspicious vehicles around previously to this.
Can you see lights on the lake tonight? Are the FBI divers and their sonar equipment being used now? I read one article that stated that they wouldn't start until Friday morning (daylight), but other articles implied they would start tonight.
TIA

I have a question for the locals. When looking at the map, if the girls were abducted from that forested area, the perp would have to travel across Gilbert to River Forest to get on the highway. Is there still construction there or does it clear at that on ramp.

Pretty risky too considering that they would have had to drive past the local police and fire station on Gilbert. Wouldn't they have some kind of video surveillance outside that building?

If they went in the other direction, there really isn't anywhere to go to get out of the area quickly.

MOO

Maybe quick wasn't important once the girls were in the vehicle. It might indicate tinted windows, an SUV or van, etc. ???

I really can't see someone driving past the police station after doing this!! I think we therefore know which way they would have gone. Excellent thoughts, Kamille!

I'm praying a neighbor noticed the vehicle and/or the perp(s). Let's get those folks to a hypnotist, lol!

The cops and FBI probably have a lot of tips that we don't know about, btw, everyone. I was trying to find which press conference has the chief confirming that other folks do report seeing the girls out that day, but I can't find it.

I actually wonder if the focus on the family isn't because of a similarity in vehicles seen and vehicles friends own. Something simple like that combined with the criminal pasts could make the cops lean heavily, even if it's really just an actual coincidence.

Thanks or providing a local's perspective and welcome to WS!

You've described it very accurately. I live in Evansdale, right across the street from the open lot where people are thinking someone parked and took the girls. There is no way to see anything on that part of the trail unless youre right upon it. I doubt the family would have thought they would be down that far because it is quite a distance from where they were last seen and i t's quite a distance to walk from the lake itself...

But it is a bike trail and they were riding bikes. It just seems logical to me to search the bike trail. Did they even walk the trail yelling for the girls? Apparently not because they didn't find the bikes. Did they yell for the girls? I only read that they asked a man and a boy fishing if they had seen them.

From the beginning the grandmother has said she thinks they were abducted. What makes her think that?

Have you ever seen the girls out on bikes, haleyscomet? Or other girls that could be mistaken for them biking around the park?

I'm still trying to figure out that possible 2-2:30 pm sighting.

I am a little curious about the charity fundraiser this weekend. Which family is having the fundraiser? Is it both?

I am not one to be critical of LE, but... in this case I really, really feel that they are barking up the wrong tree, both with focusing on the lake and on the family. I am also a WS member who is usually quick to jump on the family's guilty theory, because often it makes the most sense. In this case however I feel that the family's likelyhood of being involved is very very low. I personally think these girls were lured and then abducted by an aquaintance or an authority figure. Whether or not the aquaintance was someone known to them because of the DM/MCM criminial history remains to be seen.

I just hope and pray that LE / FBI are following leads that they are not telling the general public about and that they know more than what they are saying, otherwise it is starting to look bleak for these two precious girls. IMO

ALL JMOO

Hi Haleyscomet, Welcome to WS! :ufo:

Does anyone in the neighborhood have cameras on the driveway or yard? May be it will help in the investigation.

It is also a good idea to hook up a webcam/camera and watch your yard/garage when living in a highly frequented lake close-by. There are lots of free streaming websites where you can hook up your webcam and connect to computer and stream it (most of sites store videos for a month) and you can password protect your stream so that it is not public. Almost everyone has high-speed internet and that's the only requirement. It helps to watch the videos from anywhere when you are not in the house or for any suspicious reason. It always helps.

I am not one to be critical of LE, but... in this case I really, really feel that they are barking up the wrong tree, both with focusing on the lake and on the family. I am also a WS member who is usually quick to jump on the family's guilty theory, because often it makes the most sense. In this case however I feel that the family's likelyhood of being involved is very very low. I personally think these girls were lured and then abducted by an aquaintance or an authority figure. Whether or not the aquaintance was someone known to them because of the DM/MCM criminial history remains to be seen.

I just hope and pray that LE / FBI are following leads that they are not telling the general public about and that they know more than what they are saying, otherwise it is starting to look bleak for these two precious girls. IMO

ALL JMOO

Hi Angel ..Just wanted to get your take on why you feel that this family's
likelyhood of being involved is very low. Just wondering why you believe this ...thanks

likelyhood of being involved is very low. Just wondering why you believe this ...thanks

It just seems to me that this family has done everything right. Often people are quick to criticize and say that a family didn't do this or that.

In this case:
- When the family realized they were missing, they were quick to go look for the girls.
- They reported it to the police quickly.
- All family members have been interviewed by the police (some for long hours apparently) and have taken polygraphs.
- They have been open about their pasts with the media and do not appear to be hiding anything from the public concerning this.
- Aunt Tammy may be saying too much but at least she is keeping their names on the news. She is telling it like she sees it and telling it often.
-Family members seem to all have good alibis.

....I'm sure there are more reasons, but my brain is sleepy.

JMOO

I'm not Angel, but... I don't see a motive for the father to have done anything to the girls. It doesn't appear that he's in a situation where paying child support would be an issue, and this isn't the sort of case where he might have become angry, struck/killed the children then covered it up.

On the other hand, I'm not ruling out the possibility it might have been an unsavory acquaintance - who might have had any of several motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd