IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to jump into the discussion. I think that Misty appears completely void of any emotion when speaking about her missing daughter but easily upset about her criminal past being brought up. A druggie does not make you a killer but her and the fathers emotions don't quite jive with the situation imo.
Someone in that family knows where those children are and I hope and pray they can be brought home safely.

I have wondered about the island, too. It looks like the kind of place kids would like to explore. Some posters have suggested that perhaps Lyric wanted to run away - what better place to hide out than on the island?

I believe the girls drowned in the lake, possibly as they tried to get to the island.

If the search of the lake turns up nothing, then I am completely at a loss to explain what happened to these two young girls.

I cannot believe I just read this whole thread. Left for work 12 hrs ago, need sleep badly, but couldn't pull away. Ugh.

The island is much closer to the north side. I've always been curious, too, to explore it, tbh, but IF someone was going to try that, by swimming/wading, they would leave shore from the north side of the lake, almost assuredly. From the south side, there's no good approaches to the shoreline, and the island looks/feel far off, across deep water. It's not, actually, but it looks thus. From the dock/parking area, you can see halfway around the island to the southwest, by walking the trail west to the other end of the island, you can fill in the rest of your view and still be on the north side of the lake. From the closest point on the north side, I bet I could throw a rock onto the island. From the south side, not even close.

Sun is about to rise. Apparently the parking area to the lake is closed, as there are now news trucks, with their satellite dishes towering over them, parked outside my house, down Rae Street, a dead end off Gilbert, to the northwest. That is the route we take if we are just going to the park/playground. There is access to the park there, by cutting through a driveway/yard adjacent to the park.

I assume the divers are getting started or about to start. I'd go check it out, but I'm exhausted. Not looking forward to reading 20 more pages when I wake up. I'm hoping for one page, concluding with, "and the parents were finally able to embrace their daughters."

I don't think family is involved either. It is possible for kids who have dysfunctional parents to be the victims of a crime that has nothing at all to do with those parents.

I think kids from dysfuctional families are probably more vulnerable to crime due to less supervision and perhaps being hungry for attention.

Seems MCM stopped talking once the drugs and arrest records were revealed and DM walked out of the interrogation after being accused. They all knew it was going to happen, and believed it getting it out there and saying so much as "let's move on" was going to pacify everything. They are experiencing major frustration and now this close knit family is circling the wagons.

I agree with them and the majority that the children are not in the lake. If divers find them today, then those babies were placed there BEFORE the bikes were found and under the cover of night. Which would mean there are many people lying and in a conspiracy...which I don't believe.

What bothers me is that it was the FBI knocking on the hotel door....and not the local PD. Either they have a very good reason for wanting to question DM or maybe they thought he could be caught with drugs again, or getting ready run. ?? IDK ?? It's one thing to have the local Barney Fife who has arrested you in the past trying to get your goat, but I can't believe the FBI would waste their time. I think the FBI has something and are up against time in finding the girls alive. IMO DM knows or has a good idea of who and why..IMO, JMO, etc. :moo:

I hate to say it, but if these girls are found, I hope Lyric can be placed in a nice home. Nothing against the Gma, but I just don't think LC could get away from her mother's influence. It's just beyond sad. There is a huge disconnect between MCM and LC......and the poor GMa has her hands full with her own daughter's illness and the Gma looks so frail. It all just so sad.

Seems MCM stopped talking once the drugs and arrest records were revealed and DM walked out of the interrogation after being accused. They all knew it was going to happen, and believed it getting it out there and saying so much as "let's move on" was going to pacify everything. They are experiencing major frustration and now this close knit family is circling the wagons.

I agree with them and the majority that the children are not in the lake. If divers find them today, then those babies were placed there BEFORE the bikes were found and under the cover of night. Which would mean there are many people lying and in a conspiracy...which I don't believe.

What bothers me is that it was the FBI knocking on the hotel door....and not the local PD. Either they have a very good reason for wanting to question DM or maybe they thought he could be caught with drugs again, or getting ready run. ?? IDK ?? It's one thing to have the local Barney Fife who has arrested you in the past trying to get your goat, but I can't believe the FBI would waste their time. I think the FBI has something and are up against time in finding the girls alive. IMO DM knows or has a good idea of who and why..IMO, JMO, etc. :moo:

I hate to say it, but if these girls are found, I hope Lyric can be placed in a nice home. Nothing against the Gma, but I just don't think LC could get away from her mother's influence. It's just beyond sad. There is a huge disconnect between MCM and LC......and the poor GMa has her hands full with her own daughter's illness and the Gma looks so frail. It all just so sad.

RBBM

Thank you... I Just can't see FBI doing that either... They are HIGHLY trained in being very calm and subdued.
Didn't they also say he was yelling at them through the door also..:waitasec:

RBBM

Thank you... I Just can't see FBI doing that either... They are HIGHLY trained in being very calm and subdued.
Didn't they also say he was yelling at them through the door also..:waitasec:

I haven't seen it, but it could be true...and I could certainly believe it.

Don't forget that the foster home parents are the worst. There are so many cases of abuse in foster homes. It is just a gamble.

There should a law that should not allow parents with (d) addiction to have children.

I have been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to jump into the discussion. I think that Misty appears completely void of any emotion when speaking about her missing daughter but easily upset about her criminal past being brought up. A druggie does not make you a killer but her and the fathers emotions don't quite jive with the situation imo.
Someone in that family knows where those children are and I hope and pray they can be brought home safely.

Welcome to WS hytime!!:welcome:

Wylma Cook, grandmother and Dan Morrissey, father of missing girl Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, talk as they stand outside the command center

Attachments

• Gma and Dan at command Centre.png
    Gma and Dan at command Centre.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 88
Misty and Dan Morrissey walked out of the command center by DCI agent Jon Turbett, right

Attachments

• Dan and Misty and DCI.png
    Dan and Misty and DCI.png
    356.9 KB · Views: 83
Don't forget that the foster home parents are the worst. There are so many cases of abuse in foster homes. It is just a gamble.

There should a law that should not allow parents with (d) addiction to have children.

just jumping off this post
It is extremely difficult to take a swing at “bad mothers” without the blow landing on their children. If we really believe all the rhetoric about putting the needs of children first, then we need to put those needs ahead of everything – including how we may feel about their parents. That doesn’t mean we can simply leave children with addicts – it does mean that drug treatment for the parent almost always is a better first choice than foster care for the child.

Studies show just how bad foster care is for children, and why it should be used as a last resort
http://nccpr.info/the-nccpr-quick-read/

The search for missing Iowa cousins Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey enters its seventh day, with authorities now moving their efforts to a landfill while a congressman calls for more FBI involvement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ssing-iowa-cousins-at-a-standstill-aunt-says/

Family members of Elizabeth, 8, and her 10-year cousin, Lyric, are pleading for more help in finding the girls, who were last seen Friday. Tammy Brousseau, aunt to both girls, said the search is "at a standstill" and she fears the girls were abducted, possibly by a sexual predator.

bbm
That would likely be the same person who was watching Elizabeth and Lyric. Nobody.

As you know, there can only be three reasons:
1. Either they didn't look very diligently,
2. The bikes weren't there, or
3. Some aren't telling the truth.

They only searched the park/ pavilion side. They didn't go all th way around.

In evaluating whether a possible action is too risky for a psychopathic predator to engage in, such as driving past the police station with 2 freshly abducted girls in the vehicle, it is important to keep in mind that psychopaths do not perceive risks in the same way that normal people do.

Research shows that psychopaths have a much less pronounced reaction in anticipation of discomfort than normal people do.

For instance, in one experiment the subjects placed their hands on a metal plate. After the sound of a tone, the metal plate would heat up to levels that were highly unpleasant but not actually damaging while their brains were scanned.

The normal people in the group showed increased brain activity in parts of the brain that are involved with anticipation of fear (the amygdala, for one) at the sound of the tone before the heat was applied to their hand. Just anticipating the discomfort of the heat was enough to get a noticeable reaction from the normal people.

The psychopaths in the group showed a very muted response to the tone even though they showed the same level of response as the normal group when the heat was actually applied.

In other words, they felt the same level of pain but they did not have an emotional reaction to anticipating the pain.

In Dr Robert Hare's book, Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us, he describes an experiment conducted during WWII by the military to deliberately select psychopaths as fighter pilots on the theory that their lack of fear would be a great asset to a fighter pilot.

It turned out to be a failure. They discovered that the psychopathic fighter pilots didn't really care if one or more of the other pilots was killed, even though it endangered their own lives during air combat. They would deliberately do things that carried a high risk of causing their own aircraft to crash even when they easily avoid doing so.

So when thinking about whether some risk is too risky, try to view it through the eyes of a person who could deliberately do something that would cause his own death, just for the fun of it.

Is there much that qualifies as too risky for such a person? I don't think so.

I know that someone said it earlier in this thread (or maybe the last) but I love reading your posts. They are always informative and thought provoking. While so many of us are getting wrapped up in the emotional aspects and trying to apply logic to illogical situations you keep us grounded. Thank you for being that voice of reason and providing a wealth of information in doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Collins was last seen wearing a white shirt, shorts, and either high-tops or black tennis shoes. She is 4’1” tall and weighs approximately 80 pounds. Her hair is sandy-blonde and her eyes are blue. Lyric Cook-Morrissey was last seen wearing a light-green shirt, shorts, and black flip-flops. Cook-Morrissey's shoes, when put together, make a character from Sesame Street. Lyric Cook-Morrissey is 4’11 and weighs approximately 145 pounds. She has chin-length, brown hair, blue eyes, and has a dime-size birthmark, mole on the back of her neck.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mis...-lyric-cook-morrissey-takes-lie-detector-test

Why would dad withhold information if he knew anything about his daughter's disappearance and risk his daughter's life (if she's still alive)? Why would he want the perp to get away with it if he knows who and why?

Thankfully I'm not well informed about street drugs and what these characters are capable of so I'm trying to understand why someone who is out to get the family would take their little girl and her cousin. Would they be holding the girls because Dan owes money? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Frankly, that seems to be the recurring theme with some of these cases where family members can't be ruled out. "The family" knows something.

In the meantime, the bad guy is still out there. 241 registered sex offenders who were allegedly interviewed and cleared the next day. Really? I find that unbelievable.

:moo:

Watched a show on Meth. It completely screws the "wiring" in your head up and messes with the way you "feel". I also believe she is feeling horribke for choosing drugs over her family.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member