IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Elizabeth Collins was last seen wearing a white shirt, shorts, and either high-tops or black tennis shoes. She is 4’1” tall and weighs approximately 80 pounds. Her hair is sandy-blonde and her eyes are blue. Lyric Cook-Morrissey was last seen wearing a light-green shirt, shorts, and black flip-flops. Cook-Morrissey's shoes, when put together, make a character from Sesame Street. Lyric Cook-Morrissey is 4’11 and weighs approximately 145 pounds. She has chin-length, brown hair, blue eyes, and has a dime-size birthmark, mole on the back of her neck.
http://www.examiner.com/article/mis...-lyric-cook-morrissey-takes-lie-detector-test

Has anyone found a picture of the shoes the girls were wearing? I have searched, but have been unable to find any flip flops that match the description of the ones Lyric is said to be wearing. Do we know which character? I have found similar ones for the little martian from Bugs Bunny and the Batman logo, but no Sesame Street ones.

I have gotta tell you, that I INDEED had my tv volume muted night before last while they were interviewing her (I was on the phone) and was completely befuddled when later I saw the interview rerun and could actually listen to her speak. I kept thinking that either she is living outside of the situation in her mind or something is completely off-kilter there. Let me emphasize that I'm not placing blame anywhere but it sounded to me like she was already forgiving people. Honestly, it completely confused me..
:waitasec:

Agree. Was she wearing one of her maxi dresses? For a druggie, she's amazingly well spoken. But that smirk on her face bothers me to no end. And she speaks as though she's talking about an acquaintance, not a missing daughter. However, I suspect MCM and her daughter are not closely connected perhaps in large part due to mom's stints in prison. It sounds like grandma raised this child.

Whether or not the parents are involved in the girls' disappearance, I am not a fan of these two parents.

First boats in this morning:

26ec3457-81ec-4138-9cb2-246f81aa569c_400.jpg

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

Beautiful sky. Beautiful scenery if it wasn't for what is about to happen there. :(

Has anyone found a picture of the shoes the girls were wearing? I have searched, but have been unable to find any flip flops that match the description of the ones Lyric is said to be wearing. Do we know which character? I have found similar ones for the little martian from Bugs Bunny and the Batman logo, but no Sesame Street ones.

I am all confused now. Nothing new really just normally I can get shoes correct.

Walmart sells elmo ,Oscar and some other now trendy throwback muppetty stuff. I would check what they have out as I think these are what kind of preteen trend thing that might be what she had . JMO. As I dont know for sure.

Where does this clothing description come from? And why don't LE have it?

How would one find Sesame Street flip flops in a woman's size 9?

:waitasec:

MOO

Based on what little info is out there, I honestly do not believe that DM or MCM were directly involved with the disappearance of the girls. Could that change? Yes. I don't know what happened when they were interviewed. I don't know the results of their polys. I don't know if they gave conflicting statements to the police or if anything of significance was discovered throughout this investigation. We just don't know. But my gut is telling me that mom was at work and dad was at home in another town.

As for the demeanor of MCM, I feel that the best way to explain it is that she just didn't have the emotional bond with her child that most moms do. She was incarcerated and addicted to drugs for at least half of her daughters life. And probably the victim of Domestic Violence. We know of at least one occasion, but DV is usually a pattern, so it is most likely more than a one-time deal. Victims of DV suffer in silence for years. But...the DV coupled with drug addiction would also leave her emotionally void. I worked in a DV shelter for years. For many of these women who would come into the shelter, parenting was the least of their priorities. It is very sad, but unfortunately true. They didn't seem to be able to put the needs of their children over their own needs.

Was MCM mother of the year? No. Was she selfish? Yes!! Do I believe she had a knowing hand in her child's disappearance? Absolutely not!

But...these parents are being scrutinized for good reason. The cops are playing the statistics. If they don't believe the parents are involved, they most likely think it could be an acquaintance. These parents were no angels and most likely linked to many unsavory characters.

And I think people view Lyric as more the target for good reason as well. Children of parents who are/were incarcerated are more likely to be troubled, more rebellious...oft times leading to delinquency. Ive kind of gotten the vibe from the family interviews that Lyric may have been a bit of a trouble-maker/bad influence. She really only needed stability and love.

My sincerest hope is that these girls can come home.

Great post....thanks button couldn't say it. :thumb:

I am all confused now. Nothing new really just normally I can get shoes correct.

Walmart sells elmo ,Oscar and some other now trendy throwback muppetty stuff. I would check what they have out as I think these are what kind of preteen trend thing that might be what she had . JMO. As I dont know for sure.

Yeah, I am usually pretty good at being able to find the clothing/shoes online, but not in this case. Weird!

I'm not that street savvy either, but because he may not have or never did have the character to put his daughter before himself. He may feel his life is in danger or there would be other charges forthcoming. Maybe because he snitched and put the feds onto a bigger mouse. This guy has been in and out of trouble for the past 15 years....his adult life.. and I would bet for the most part an addict. Why do some parents sell their own children? Some people just should not be parents. IMO

The same could be said about mom. My point is sometimes I wish LE would run parallel investigation (I'm not saying it's not being done in this case) but way too often the case goes cold because LE has tunnel vision and before we know it, the case goes cold.

Yes, I wouldn't nominate them parents for parents of the year award but a far fetch to suspect them of harming their children or hindering an investigation and protecting a perp (s) versus their own child. :moo:

Yeah, I am usually pretty good at being able to find the clothing/shoes online, but not in this case. Weird!

Where did you get the new flip flop description? I have not seen it.

I had purple strap across the toe with embelishments on them.

Elizabeth Collins was last seen wearing a white shirt, shorts, and either high-tops or black tennis shoes. She is 4’1” tall and weighs approximately 80 pounds. Her hair is sandy-blonde and her eyes are blue. Lyric Cook-Morrissey was last seen wearing a light-green shirt, shorts, and black flip-flops. Cook-Morrissey's shoes, when put together, make a character from Sesame Street. Lyric Cook-Morrissey is 4’11 and weighs approximately 145 pounds. She has chin-length, brown hair, blue eyes, and has a dime-size birthmark, mole on the back of her neck.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mis...-lyric-cook-morrissey-takes-lie-detector-test

This says the flip flops were black. My memory isn't the greatest, but haven't we seen several different descriptions of the outfits and even that it is unknown what thery were wearing?

To be fair, I couldn't always tell you what my daughter has on in the summer. :blushing:

Does anyone remember where the information that DM was being questioned about a "flurry" of cell phone calls that day came from?

So glad they are out in the lake today. Hopefully this will find SOMETHING to assist.

God help those investigators if nothing is found. Personally it would make me question their competence if indeed nothing is in there. If I were the parents, I would be livid, and screaming from the mountain tops "I told you they weren't in there...look how much time this perp has had now?!!!" And I'd be shaking the shoulders of every officer saying "HELP ME - WHERE ELSE CAN WE LOOK?!!"

My heart does go out to them if indeed they had nothing to do with their disappearance.

Maybe they are suspicious of DM because he said he was napping, but yet his cell phone records indicated he was on the phone multiple times? Something like that would appear suspicious to the police.

Where did you get the new flip flop description? I have not seen it.

I had purple strap across the toe with embelishments on them.

I believe that is what MM said. Purple with "diamond" embellishment on the straps. :waitasec:

Also in that article it says that Elizabeth is wearing high tops OR black tennis shoes? So that gives two different shoe descriptions for her too.

There are pictures of Lyric in two different green t-shirts. One is an actual t-shirt with short sleeves and the other is a tank top with spaghetti type straps. So which one was she wearing? Which one is still at home?

So confusing. :waitasec:

MOO

Authorities are wading in the lake on the far side from the parking lot near where bikes were found #evansdalesearch
by eSchettler via twitter 11:14 AM
Benefit planned for Lyric and Elizabeth in Waterloo tomorrow morning. dmreg.co #evansdalesearch
by eSchettler via twitter 11:11 AM
Authorities/FBI seem determined that Meyers Lake will provide the info needed #evansdalesearch I send prayers of comfort/wisdom to all.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

This says the flip flops were black. My memory isn't the greatest, but haven't we seen several different descriptions of the outfits and even that it is unknown what thery were wearing?

To be fair, I couldn't always tell you what my daughter has on in the summer. :blushing:

New on this thread. Packing and trying to move, but I am wondering what is the relevance of the description of the flip flops. Have some flip flops been found? or ???? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee