IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE use cadaver dogs at any time by lake? They stopped searches and focused on the lake so much?

search stopped and 2 little girls missing seems so odd to me.:please:

it confounded many people here in the area! especially when they had 1000 or more people at their disposal! this is where some criticism has come in with the lake because they then seemed to focus on the lake.

Did LE use cadaver dogs at any time by lake? They stopped searches and focused on the lake so much?
It was released that there were two types of search dogs brought to the lake, but I never specifically read that one type was cadaver. This can probably be assumed. ???

all indications I have heard is that "scent" dogs were used...however they never specified what "scent" they were looking for. seems to be quite a bit of tap dancing around info that isn't being released.

That is what confused me. LE doesn't think area kids are in danger, suspect no foul play, and they halt a search after only two days? No one can tell me that stopping a search after such a short period is normal. These searches can go on for long periods of time! Especially when volunteers are at the ready. Even in cases where adults are thought to be abducted, the searches go on for a week or more! Laci Peterson comes to mind.

all indications I have heard is that "scent" dogs were used...however they never specified what "scent" they were looking for. seems to be quite a bit of tap dancing around info that isn't being released.

Didn't someone on here state one of her doll making friends was the handler of one of the dogs? And that she hadn't leaked much information, but that her dog was a cadaver dog?

search stopped and 2 little girls missing seems so odd to me.:please:

I think it may have been a matter of practicality. By that point I think they'd ruled out the likelihood that the girls were lost or hiding in the woods. If anything, the searchers would have been looking for bodies. Given the heat and humidity, they were apt to have searchers out there getting sick or even collapsing - not worth the risk.

Didn't someone on here state one of her doll making friends was the handler of one of the dogs? And that she hadn't leaked much information, but that her dog was a cadaver dog?

yes, but I haven't heard any "officail" confirmation of cadaver dogs being used.

That is what confused me. LE doesn't think area kids are in danger, suspect no foul play, and they halt a search after only two days? No one can tell me that stopping a search after such a short period is normal. These searches can go on for long periods of time! Especially when volunteers are at the ready. Even in cases where adults are thought to be abducted, the searches go on for a week or more! Laci Peterson comes to mind.

Agreed! When the investigation is this fresh, every second counts! Look at Sierra Lamar, Isabel Celis-cases where yes, the investigation was also active, but searches were NOT stopped!

Yes that was posted here.

Doesnt it just really mean their scent was there?

I can link a post from a different thread where a WS expert talks about an scent in that case and what could and could not be gained from it .

the search has not been halted, only the use of the volunteers. Sometimes volunteers only have the authority to search where they did, the 12 square miles of trails, cornfields, etc. LE is still actively searching. A volunteer cannot search a house, for example. Some searches can only be conducted by LE.

I am going off gut instinct only and given the dynamics of the lake. I truly think that if the parents thought for one second they were there they would have indicated as much (or at least ONE of the family members). Thinking along the lines of the family wondering why it has taken so long to get the divers there, pressing for a faster search of the lake, more in depth, etc.
They seem adamant that they aren't there and if they go off of the LE original statement of "just because the bikes and purse were found there does NOT mean the girls themselves were there" they could be clinging to that given the girls record of always coming home when they were suppose to. I don't know...

Again, I go back to my question a few posts back...could the dogs have been trailing a scent of the girls that could have been ON the abductor back into the woods or off the bikes, and not the girls themselves? Could the trail of the scent back into the woods be where the bikes were brought back INTO the trail to be dumped...from the back side, since it stopped there?
bbm
Oriah would know this answer. What thread is she/he following lately? Let's beg him/her to come over here. :)

I think it may have been a matter of practicality. By that point I think they'd ruled out the likelihood that the girls were lost or hiding in the woods. If anything, the searchers would have been looking for bodies. Given the heat and humidity, they were apt to have searchers out there getting sick or even collapsing - not worth the risk.

It was extrememly hot...but there was full scale daycare for searchers to use, ice, water, food being donated. it strikes me odd just because iowa is so rural with many small bodies of water, ditches, corn & bean fields, streams and river that the search wasn't extended for more than 12 acres.

After only two days, the children could have still been alive. 1000 volunteers can cover so much territory. Torn clothing, lost shoe, missing earring or other piece of jewelry...there could be fifty things that could've been found.

Here are Kermit and Animal flip flops in men's sizes at Wal-Mart:
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/kermit-and-animal-mens-flip-flops-at-wal-mart.50763/

kermit-and-animal-mens-flip-flops-at-wal-mart.50763

Hope I got the picture in right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members