IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Misty's boyfriend in jail or was he just arrested?

FBI will not comment about an arrest of Misty's boyfriend, which happened yesterday afternoon. #EvansdaleSearch

by AdamKWWL7 via twitter 3:10 PM

I know we heard that the bag that had her cellphone was recovered.... Maybe that the cellphone wasn't in it. I didn't hear exactly what was found except through this board, so not sure how definitive the info has been regarding the bag/purse/cellphone.
But you're right.... and I really should just stick to what I know and not speculate since I am not really good at it!

Its ok - its always worth taking a stab at it, and then the discussion can continue! You never know what you might notice that the rest of us haven't! At least if its out there, we can rule in and out whatever we all think / know / discover / extrapolate etc. :)

Bolded by me for clarity.
How could it be the phone Lyric used to play games on if THAT phone was recovered at the scene where the bikes and purse were found? This is just a flaw I noticed with what you posted. Either that, or I've severely misunderstood something about what items were recovered so far.

Nice catch. I've seen it mentioned in several articles that the phone was just used to play games on and was found in the purse at the park.

This is sort of off topic, but I know a family where this girl had two children by one man and got a divorce. She, the mother of these two children, was unstable and social services had them put into the grandmother's custody. Meanwhile, the girl or I should say woman, hooked up with some other man, married him, had a third child, but this marriage quickly ended as well. By this time, it was determined the mother of these three children was mentally incompetent. Sadly, the grandmother was not physically able to take the last baby, so, this child's father allowed "a couple in his family" to just take the child and they are raising him as their own.

I have always wondered if that is legal, if no formal adoption took place. I do not think it is legal to just give your child away, even if you know the people.

This brings me to my next thought, could someone just decide these two girls, Lyric and Elizabeth, would be better off in the custody of someone else and they handed them off to someone to raise as their own and "some of the family" are in on it? Probably not, just throwing it out there.

Sure that can be done. All the parents have to do is have something notarized giving the person permission for medical, educational, and financial necessities. Where I live the paper has to be done every year.

BUT if I did that I would not report my child missing.

This tragic situation reminds me so much of the Isabel Celis case. The families in both cases had very similar criminal histories, both of the fathers were put under 'supervision' of some kind after the kidnappings, and in both cases, some of the family members had very flat affects when being interviewed about their missing children. Sergio Celis's 911 call received a lot of criticism because he was so matter-of-fact and seemingly unconcerned about his daughter being missing that morning.

In both cases there has been speculation that perhaps there was a connection between the criminal background characters and the kidnappings. Poor Isabel's case has grown cold, imo. I hope we don't see that happen here. :mad:

THE report I read on KCRG was : The FBI feel very strongly that the girls are Alive . That the first senseable remark I have heard in all this . Never give up hope! I have a missing sister , missing forty four years now and do I give up hope ? No way same as these precious Children . Lets bring them home . Thats what were here for to help with all our hearts .

Amen.

I thought of something. Could it be that DM was charged with interfering with police investigation? That would make sense as to why police won't comment. JMO Thinking outside the box. Police could have said other charges or not related etc. They sure would say if it was about the case as in he was involved but this charge wouldn't mean he was involved. Again Just thinking.

The presser was quite informative. From the speaker's demeanour and facial expressions it seems to me she clearly does believe the girls are alive and IMO she believes they are ok. It was interesting to me how her eyes went from unnaturally wide at times when she was consciously trying to have a poker face to a downward glance when asked about the girls possibly being out of the area. I still believe they are not in town. I think the FBI has a few good ideas/tips about who has the girls. It is reassuring that the speaker seems genuinely to feel the girls are alive and well for now. It seems from this presser that the LE are making progress. I hope that this is resolved positively and very soon.

At the press conference the reporter asked something about Misty's boyfriend being arrested for drug charges last night. If it was Dan Morrissey, they would have mentioned him by name, I would think. I went to the link someone posted and searched everyone who was arrested on the 20th, and Dan Morrissey wasn't one of them. However, there is someone being held for drug court who is also a friend of Lyrics on facebook.

I wanted to thank the poster that posted about the girls who went missing from the fair. Our fair is in town this weekend and my teenager asked to go with a bunch of friends. I see no harm in this but was able to have a talk about situations such as the girls that went missing at the fair and how easy it can happen and to not leave the group she is with. One thing people can learn from these sad cases is to have awareness because it does happen.

So evidence leads the FBI to believe the girls are alive! That's very good news given the circumstances.

During one interview. MCM said something to the effect of being absolutely certain "without a doubt this has nothing to do with our pasts''. That means (to me) that the only way she could know that with certainty is she actually DOES know what happened and knows it is unrelated to prior acts of violence, drug use, incarceration.

Am I making any sense ?

Flat affect can be cause by any number of things, including but not limited to mental illness (severe PTSD), stroke, medication, ABI/TBI, and possibly drug abuse. I have one client who has a very flat affect when compliant with meds but get her on the upside of a manic phase and watch out, she is on fire.

What kind of evidence can prove someone is alive? Pictures, video?

This is only my second post, but wanted to share my theory, though it's just a feeling and I can't back it up. I wonder if the girls are with a "family friend" on "vacation" (most likely camping) in an RV in some other state and have no idea they are missing?

In other words, this whole thing is a hoax for either reward money or attention. I wonder if maybe only a few people are "in" on it as well. Not naming names, because I wouldn't know who to name even.

That may be way farfetched, but I honestly hope that is right, because it means they are safe, and will return home.

Ok, back to my normal type of speculating. The cell phone question yesterday still really bothers me. Didn't we hear that Lyric or maybe Elizabeth also has a working cell phone? One tht she left home? I wonder if that is the phone they found...
I'm just rearranging some puzzle pieces until some shape comes out.

This is only my second post, but wanted to share my theory, though it's just a feeling and I can't back it up. I wonder if the girls are with a "family friend" on "vacation" (most likely camping) in an RV in some other state and have no idea they are missing?

In other words, this whole thing is a hoax for either reward money or attention. I wonder if maybe only a few people are "in" on it as well. Not naming names, because I wouldn't know who to name even.

That may be way farfetched, but I honestly hope that is right, because it means they are safe, and will return home.

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

Ok, back to my normal type of speculating. The cell phone question yesterday still really bothers me. Didn't we hear that Lyric or maybe Elizabeth also has a working cell phone? One tht she left home? I wonder if that is the phone they found...
I'm just rearranging some puzzle pieces until some shape comes out.

I think it's been reported that Lyric has a cell phone that was left behind (I guess left behind at Elizabeth's house).

The phone that was found is apparently Elizabeth's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37