IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of off topic, but I know a family where this girl had two children by one man and got a divorce. She, the mother of these two children, was unstable and social services had them put into the grandmother's custody. Meanwhile, the girl or I should say woman, hooked up with some other man, married him, had a third child, but this marriage quickly ended as well. By this time, it was determined the mother of these three children was mentally incompetent. Sadly, the grandmother was not physically able to take the last baby, so, this child's father allowed "a couple in his family" to just take the child and they are raising him as their own.

I have always wondered if that is legal, if no formal adoption took place. I do not think it is legal to just give your child away, even if you know the people.

This brings me to my next thought, could someone just decide these two girls, Lyric and Elizabeth, would be better off in the custody of someone else and they handed them off to someone to raise as their own and "some of the family" are in on it? Probably not, just throwing it out there.

Ok this is one of the more speculative things I will ever post... I'm usually not into coming up with theories involving so many "ifs"

So, IF at yesterdays presser the question we had trouble hearing was about MCM's cellphone being in a car that was pulled over - and-
IF that cellphone was the old cell phone of MCM's that Lyric used to play games and IF that cellphone had been used to play games after the girls disappeared,
Then that would be a way that LE could conclude that the girls were still alive.

And IF the person driving that car has been taken into custody, then WHERE are the girls? End of theory since it make no sense.... :-(

I am thinking along similar lines. Lots happened yesterday, including the traffic check (!) and yesterday is the day they "got evidence." Now today they are optimistic that the girls are alive. Lots of activities yesterday which perhaps are linked, including contact with individuals about whom LE will not comment. Why not comment if something is unrelated?

I feel hopeful for the girls. I really do.

KCRG also posted the coments made by several people involved in case information . They say the FBI feels very strongly that the girls are still "ALIVE" The LE believes this also . It's the right thing to do keep them alive in our hearts our thoughts and know that they are Alive.And God's Angeles are with these children and will keep them safe. Our hearts and prayers go out to the girls and the Family no matter. Love is the cure.

I was always told that if someone was telling the truth they would not run and hide. If someone is lying they always run and hide.

My question is, do most parents/family/friends get hotel rooms to get rest in a situation like this?

Not saying they know anything but as the police said not telling all?

I will delete if this is out of line to post.

Maybe the FBI were ease dropping or dropped a bug? Wishing.....

This is sort of off topic, but I know a family where this girl had two children by one man and got a divorce. She, the mother of these two children, was unstable and social services had them put into the grandmother's custody. Meanwhile, the girl or I should say woman, hooked up with some other man, married him, had a third child, but this marriage quickly ended as well. By this time, it was determined the mother of these three children was mentally incompetent. Sadly, the grandmother was not physically able to take the last baby, so, this child's father allowed "a couple in his family" to just take the child and they are raising him as their own.

I have always wondered if that is legal, if no formal adoption took place. I do not think it is legal to just give your child away, even if you know the people.

This brings me to my next thought, could someone just decide these two girls, Lyric and Elizabeth, would be better off in the custody of someone else and they handed them off to someone to raise as their own and "some of the family" are in on it? Probably not, just throwing it out there.

In New Zealand, where I grew up, it is common and acceptable for a Maori family to "give" a child to childless relatives to raise as their own. This is not illegal anywhere in the world, as far as I know.

have to say thus far I am more optimistic :) about this case having some resolution than I have been about dear Hailey Dunn:(

Go LE/FBI !!

I could see it if it was only Lyric, but not Elizabeth. IMO

have to say thus far I am more optimistic :) about this case having some resolution than I have been about dear Hailey Dunn:(

Go LE/FBI !!

Haley Dunn has really been on my mind of late. ITA that dear Hailey's case has not shown anything to be optimistic about, but there is always hope.

I agree, Hollyblue. Where would Elizabeth fit into the scenario? Although, I will say we had an unstable woman in the women's shelter who had been convicted of kidnapping two children she didn't know because she had voices telling her they weren't taken care of. Anything is possible.

Oh, a d not to me tion how strange the Adam Mayes thing was. There are some very delusional people out there...

THE report I read on KCRG was : The FBI feel very strongly that the girls are Alive . That the first senseable remark I have heard in all this . Never give up hope! I have a missing sister , missing forty four years now and do I give up hope ? No way same as these precious Children . Lets bring them home . Thats what were here for to help with all our hearts .

Ok this is one of the more speculative things I will ever post... I'm usually not into coming up with theories involving so many "ifs"

So, IF at yesterdays presser the question we had trouble hearing was about MCM's cellphone being in a car that was pulled over - and-
IF that cellphone was the old cell phone of MCM's that Lyric used to play games and IF that cellphone had been used to play games after the girls disappeared,
Then that would be a way that LE could conclude that the girls were still alive.

And IF the person driving that car has been taken into custody, then WHERE are the girls? End of theory since it make no sense.... :-(

Bolded by me for clarity.
How could it be the phone Lyric used to play games on if THAT phone was recovered at the scene where the bikes and purse were found? This is just a flaw I noticed with what you posted. Either that, or I've severely misunderstood something about what items were recovered so far.

Possibly an ex-partner in the meth lab business felt he’d been cheated out of some profits and a kidnapping was his twisted way of putting one of the girl’s parents on notice that he wanted his money back? Perhaps it was planned as a warning — a short abduction and release of the girls — and now the kidnapper(s) don’t know what to do? Maybe they’re too strung out on drugs to make a decision as to how to release the girls… or they’re going to let the girls go once they’ve safely escaped to Mexico. If that’s the case it does make me think that a woman is involved…

Please let those girls come home safely.

I don't believe these kids were taken for a drug debt. JMO

Is Misty's boyfriend in jail or was he just arrested?

Bolded by me for clarity.
How could it be the phone Lyric used to play games on if THAT phone was recovered at the scene where the bikes and purse were found? This is just a flaw I noticed with what you posted. Either that, or I've severely misunderstood something about what items were recovered so far.

I know we heard that the bag that had her cellphone was recovered.... Maybe that the cellphone wasn't in it. I didn't hear exactly what was found except through this board, so not sure how definitive the info has been regarding the bag/purse/cellphone.
But you're right.... and I really should just stick to what I know and not speculate since I am not really good at it!

The bikes, along with Elizabeth’s purse and non-working cell phone, were located near a lake in Meyers, Iowa but the girls have not been seen

http://www.examiner.com/article/sea...-girls-elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook-morrissey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave