IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO something happened yesterday to cause Abben to announce he would be gone a couple of days and the FBI lady would take over the pressed conferences. And for the big change in info from not having anything new and not knowing what happened to feeling strongly they are alive?

So what happened yesterday? Found new evidence, girls not in lake, an arrest of someone known to Lyric (at least via facebook), and possibly something about a cell phone found in a car.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Did they actually state that they are certain the girls are alive? I couldn't watch the presser, but it sounds like they said they feel strongly the girls are alive. That could just be because they haven't found evidence that the girls are not alive (i.e., not in the lake, no bodies found, no crime scene discovered, etc.).

Or I guess it could mean they have actual proof that the girls are alive such as a video or someone receiving a phone call from the girls.

NO. She said the FBI strongly believes they are alive.

Regarding a cellphone being found in a car - this is speculation. It's someone's theory. There has been no statement about finding a cellphone from authorities.

Criminal profiler, Dayle Hinman, has said that the FBI has found that juvenile abductors who leave a personal item of the child behind often will leave the child alive, at least for a period of time. So maybe that is the case here?

IMO something happened yesterday to cause Abben to announce he would be gone a couple of days and the FBI lady would take over the pressed conferences. And for the big change in info from not having anything new and not knowing what happened to feeling strongly they are alive?

So what happened yesterday? Found new evidence, girls not in lake, an arrest of someone known to Lyric (at least via facebook), and possibly something about a cell phone found in a car.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't it be amazing if he were going to get them somewhere? *sigh*

NO. She said the FBI strongly believes they are alive.

Yes, and based partially on evidence found Friday:

"We believe the two girls are alive," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault told ABC News. Breault said this belief was based partly on the evidence found Friday, but would not elaborate further.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believes-missing-iowa-girls-alive/story?id=16827922#.UAsm8ERqpig

Other piece [not evidence], may be a good lead or tip and interview. Perhaps, some beginning to talk.

Wouldn't it be amazing if he were going to get them somewhere? *sigh*

Maybe he is at another police station? Maybe some tips are from Lyrics hometown. So cops are getting together. Just a thought.

Wasn't there a presser of Elizabeth's parents coming up today? If so what time?

I thought nothing of it. I just took it as an FYI to mean those were his days off & someone else would be holding the press conferences.

Wednesday night:

Snipped

On Wednesday night investigators went to a nearby hotel where Misty and Dan Morrisey were staying, but Dan claimed he was tired and wanted to go to sleep. The following morning Misty took a urine analysis and a polygraph test. However, Brousseau said the pair had been advised by their attorney not to speak any further to police or the media or submit to any more polygraph tests.

Thursday night:

Late Thursday Misty and Dan Morrisey were spotted leaving the authorities' makeshift command center in Evansdale, with Misty in tears.

"They have no idea about anything," Misty yelled as she left the building.

"Back off," said Dan as reporters gathered around them.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believes-missing-iowa-girls-alive/story?id=16827922#.UAsm8ERqpig

Wednesday night:

Snipped

On Wednesday night investigators went to a nearby hotel where Misty and Dan Morrisey were staying, but Dan claimed he was tired and wanted to go to sleep. The following morning Misty took a urine analysis and a polygraph test. However, Brousseau said the pair had been advised by their attorney not to speak any further to police or the media or submit to any more polygraph tests.

Thursday night:

Late Thursday Misty and Dan Morrisey were spotted leaving the authorities' makeshift command center in Evansdale, with Misty in tears.

"They have no idea about anything," Misty yelled as she left the building.

"Back off," said Dan as reporters gathered around them.

Wouldn't this be ANOTHER poly for Misty since she reported taking one earlier in the week? Wonder if LE had a new line of questions for her? Interesting she would be in a hotel with her soon-to-be ex-husband after reports surface of a new boyfriend.

Has the BF been mentioned in any MSM article? If so, please provide the link as I am a little behind on this case. TIA

Has the BF been mentioned in any MSM article? If so, please provide the link as I am a little behind on this case. TIA

He hasn't and we've been warned repeatedly by the mods to stop talking about him.

It looks like they are looking across state lines, like the girls were taken out of state. Also looks like they have been interviewing a person(s) of interest.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...ive/-/9357080/15631310/-/ijmnniz/-/index.html

Evansdale is not all that far from Minneapolis. Just a quick zip up 35.

Very easy to blend in in the big Twin Cities.

I am keeping my sleuth eyes peeled. :detective:

In fact, I know just the place to drop off some Missing Posters.

Back from the lake. Got lotsa pics, and a short vid, of that trail area, the woods, the tire tracks, etc.

Got some life to deal with, so I'll get em up later. As for the tracks, they are still there, there is a worn, 2-track "lane" that coincides with what is seen on the Bing maps. Amazing! I've been by there so many times, saw the entrance the other day, and still wouldn't have known until I walked back in there myself. Looks like a little-used lake-side access. I could tell a vehicle had been in there recently when I went before, so my suspicions remain, but its not as if the vehicle would have been completely bushwhacking - there is a path for vehicles there which leads to a bit of a clearing, next to the lake, still separated from the trail by the fence, but reachable by walking around the fence nearby. Found trash that I would have suspected would be picked up by LE if they did an intensive search, such as two beer cans recently discarded just off the trail, three energy drink cans all discarded in one spot (got pics), an old glove on the trail (got pics). There was other trash/debris around to indicate the spot gets used much more than I obviously know about, but everything other than what I mentioned appeared to have been there quite a while or at least since before the last rain. Also, its possible the stuff I saw got there since this incident (but what searchers would just leave trash in the woods at this point?).

In some ways my concerns were alleviated, in others they were amplified. I called in what I saw to the tipline again, just to be safe. We (tip-line lady) discussed that we both assumed those woods had been completely scoured, but she was going to "pass my info along."

We stepped off that stretch of trail. From where the fence begins (police tape was tied to it there), to the gate by the jetty, was 175 paces, another 35 paces to the other (west) end where the trail opens back up. My daughter raced through the spot on her bike in about 5 seconds. She rode casually through in about 20 seconds. We passed one lone male biker, who went by w/o eye contact, who later turned and passed us again. He gave me the willies,tbh. Then two other couples on foot. Then a group of 4 ladies that appeared to be 3 generations, on bike, all mentioned just to give an idea of the trail traffic. I was wondering if any other Sleuthers were there knowing I was headed that way.

Spoke to my mother on the phone, who DVR'd the FBI presser. Her impression was also that they (FBI) have a feeling they know much more than mentioned. Current boyfriend was apparently mentioned (probably discussed here - I'm not caught up at all since my last post) and the fact that he may have been arrested. I know nothing about any of that, but might be able to find out. Not sure how appropriate it is.

K...life's callin. Hoping for a quick end, and we have renewed optimism here at our house.

I think in every case I have ever watched the FBI says they are looking beyond state lines. That's when you see the girls pictures on the highway billboards as nationwide alerts.

Not saying they are not, but still questioning why the lake, and why they won't disclose why they are taking the direction they are taking.

Seems vague, but as in CO yesterday, seems LE keeps a lot under the hat to prosecute to the fullest.

So, keep going LE/FBI.
I will sit on my hands, just bring the girls home ASAP.

If I hadnt heard FBI say this before I may be more excited and believe the girls are alive but they have said the same thing in other cases and the victim was deceased shortly after being kidnapped.

So this doesnt really give me that much hope. LE will say the same thing because they have no evidence that they are dead. They started off doing the same thing when Sierra Lamar went missing saying they thought she was alive because they had no evidence to prove otherwise. All along I think LE knew she was dead but this gives the families hope and will keep the tips coming in.

Once they receive the evidence back from the forensic lab the statement of 'they are alive' could change in a heartbeat but LE still may keep it close to the vest until someone is arrested for abducting the girls.

Unless these girls were taken for sex slaves.... I highly doubt they are alive.

Even the places LE and volunteers have searched really shows the real truth about what LE is thinking happened to the girls. People dont search for alive children in a lake, woods, and landfills.
IMO

Wouldn't this be ANOTHER poly for Misty since she reported taking one earlier in the week? Wonder if LE had a new line of questions for her? Interesting she would be in a hotel with her soon-to-be ex-husband after reports surface of a new boyfriend.

It would appear to be her second poly to me. IMO, Dan is all-around good scapegoat and diversion here.

Tonight on kwwl Drew Collins shares a voicemail left forhim by Elizabeth before her disappearance. My heart aches for him and for heather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave