IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us have to feed positive thoughts that these girls are safe and ALIVE negativity is really very depressing and not needed here keep a happy heart and cheerful thought that they are still alive. PLEASE !!!

Some of us have heard these words many times from LE and they have turned out not to be true, so you can't blame us for being a bit cautious as far as taking it as a known fact that they victims are alive.

Maybe LE came across something when they researched more on those calls from DM cell phone they wanted to know more about??

Officials said no arrest warrants had been issued but wouldn’t comment on any search warrants.

Hindering the investigation, Breault [FBI Spokesperson] said, was a lack of cooperation from “all” of the two missing girls’ family and friends. She wouldn’t release details on who that person or persons may be.

“It’s a roadblock,” she said.

Police will only say that “physical evidence” was found relating to the girls, but wouldn’t say if it was found by police, the dive teams or by the search dogs brought in to canvass the area near Meyers Lake, where the two went missing July 13.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz21J5Ldlxd

Well they aren't in the lake at least!!! That gives me hope that they are alive until we find out otherwise. There is no reason to think they are deceased either IMO

Sure hoping that LE are correct in their thinking that Lyric and Elizabeth are still alive. Statistically the chances of them still being alive decreases as every minute goes by.

Two key developments are a jailing that happened yesterday and the increased supervision of DM. The taking into custody yesterday is probably the one most key thing though as somebody may be singing like a canary.

Let's just say that some folks did not seem extremely keen on a new relationship that just started in July 2012 as noted in some facebook accounts and may be providing tips as well.

Still no words of warning from LE other than be vigilant with your children (statements all along) leads me to believe that LE thinks this was a targeted abduction.

LE is starting to release some information like the 12:15 video of the girls on the bikes so they are starting to let out a bit of information.

Still a befuddling case and I hope the girls come home safe and sound.

What is the deal with some family and friends not cooperating? I wonder if they put that out there to get the rest of the family to start putting more heat on the unhelpful ones?? I tell ya right now, if it were MY kid(s) missing, and LE told ME that some of my family / friends were not cooperating, I'd be demanding names!! I'd be horrified to think that someone out there would rather sit on their hands than help my kid when he/she needed it the MOST!! UNREAL!

(Forgive me for being too lazy to find the actual quote and link while on my tablet, but someone did post it a little earlier.) I normally agree with what you said, but this did sound different to me. The FBI said something to the effect that they now believe they are still alive due to evidence they obtained yesterday. So I am more hopeful than I would be if they were just saying the generic "we think they are still alive" which as you say, they always say until they have the evidence to say they are not.

Adam Mayes kept the two sisters in the woods.

What is the deal with some family and friends not cooperating? I wonder if they put that out there to get the rest of the family to start putting more heat on the unhelpful ones?? I tell ya right now, if it were MY kid(s) missing, and LE told ME that some of my family / friends were not cooperating, I'd be demanding names!! I'd be horrified to think that someone out there would rather sit on their hands than help my kid when he/she needed it the MOST!! UNREAL!

If someone does know something they may be an accessory
JMO

Sheriffs are elected officials. If my Sheriff made a nationwide statement that he was taking a weekend off while a major event is still happening I would not vote for them in the next election. I might even call for their resignation. I think most of the families in Evansdale would feel the same way. So I think something is up. IMO

Maybe someone in his family is getting married or something like that...
who knows?
If he's a good leader, his fellow officers should be able to step in with
no problem
JMO

Maybe Abbens has a health issue to deal with? You never know what the heck might be going on in his own life, and how an investigation such as this could be affecting him. I don't take it to mean that he isn't doing his job to the best of his ability - the man is only human, and he does have a life outside of work! And for all we know, it could well be that he is away because of work, for this case or some other.... I wouldn't put too much stock into his absence....

During one interview. MCM said something to the effect of being absolutely certain "without a doubt this has nothing to do with our pasts''. That means (to me) that the only way she could know that with certainty is she actually DOES know what happened and knows it is unrelated to prior acts of violence, drug use, incarceration.

Am I making any sense ?

Flat affect can be cause by any number of things, including but not limited to mental illness (severe PTSD), stroke, medication, ABI/TBI, and possibly drug abuse. I have one client who has a very flat affect when compliant with meds but get her on the upside of a manic phase and watch out, she is on fire.

In one of the articles( it may have been a video where I saw the grandmother talking) it was stated that Lyric was upset the morning she disappeared because her dad was mad at her about chores. Her grandmother stated she patted her on the back and said it would be ok and then Lyric dropped her backpack and left it behind at the house. This tells me Lyric was upset enough she had wanted to leave.

Perhaps...she called her mom and mom arranged to hide her somewhere to get her away from her dad???? Just an idea I had, although I can't figure out where Elizabeth would fit in that theory?

Sheriffs are elected officials. If my Sheriff made a nationwide statement that he was taking a weekend off while a major event is still happening I would not vote for them in the next election. I might even call for their resignation. I think most of the families in Evansdale would feel the same way. So I think something is up. IMO

Did he say he was taking time off or that he would be away? It could be for part of the investigation. He doesn't seem like a man would just up and leave unless it was for the investigation or unavoidable. Some people seem to forget that elected officials are human and also have families. Weddings, births, deaths, sickness...some times require a little time & attention.

Of course all of this is JMVHOO

I'm sure it's been discussed in previous threads, but the fact that there is no description of what they were wearing is so strange to me, Have you ever heard of a case of a missing child where the family couldn't even hazard a guess as to what they had on,
I think most kids [and adults] probably tend to wear the same favorite clothes a lot of the time, couldn't the family even tell which clothes might be missing? I wonder if there could be multiple items of their clothing missing? Which might lead to a runaway scenario? Maybe they didn"t know what they would be getting themselves into?

we don't know where Sierra is, so many many others, and dear Hailey....until they are literally found in some fashion, a tiny part of me clings to a hope some are alive somewhere,although I know statistically it is slim.
Just saying, until the proverbial fat lady sings, never give up hope! some have been recovered years after missing...
had to give myself a peptalk and included y'all :)
find the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member