IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyric and her Mother live with Misty's mother, WC, who has custody of Lyric. Here's the link to the statement about the chores/"run away":

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores.

"She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

I thought MCM lived with her mother also, but the case map has a separate addy in Waterloo. ??

BBM. Not according to KCRG/Waterloo.

"Donations collected at the event will be given to the family of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, of Waterloo, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, of Evansdale, who have been missing since July 13"

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Walk...Support-Missing-Girls-Families-163296566.html

Hopefully, this is considered MSM as it's a major Waterloo ABC news bureau.

Down at the bottom of the article (link above)it states where the donation money is going. "First Security State Bank in Evansdale is taking donations. That’s where proceeds from the walk/run event went."

Personally I have always felt the circumstances of the abduction, unlike Sierra LaMars, indicated that the girls knew their abductors. I also hoped that this may have meant an increasing likliehood that they were alive. The FBI are coming out and saying they have evidence to indicate that the latter is the case which is fantastic news but could change at any moment, we are all aware of the statistics.

Whereever they are, someone must know something, and must speak...or maybe put two and two together and realise the significance of what they've seen or heard.

My grandma just said that fox news chicago (32) is advertising 'in their next segment' that LE knows who has the girls?!?! From my grandma, so we'll go w/ IMO for now ;-) I'll let you know what they say in a few lol

Down at the bottom of the article (link above)it states where the donation money is going. "First Security State Bank in Evansdale is taking donations. That’s where proceeds from the walk/run event went."

Yes. And until more is linkable about what exactly these funds are being used for in the msm we will not use this as a platform to bash the family or speculate on those funds that have been donated.

(sorry PattyG.. just jumping off your link/clarification that the donations go to a fund at the bank)

I am really trying to be good :angel2:....primarily because the nurse is watching us and she has a needle! But I really wish someone...anyone...would get arrested in this case so we could sleuth them!

:bud:

I am really trying to be good :angel2:....primarily because the nurse is watching us and she has a needle! But I really wish someone...anyone...would get arrested in this case so we could sleuth them!

:bud:

I wish that as well too shef! :rocker:

I will be shocked if someone close to or known by the families is not involved...this no longer feels like a random stranger abduction to me.

fbi is talking to "persons of interest"
reporter:
"fbi spokesperson says they have evidence that leads them to strongly believe the missing cousins were abducted and are still alive but they won't say what that evidence is. 10 year old LCM and 8 year old EC disappeared a week ago from waterloo. Meantime, lyrics mother says police are trying to force her to admit that she and her husband are responsible for their daughters disappearance."

fox news at 9--chicago

I didn't start following Elizabeth & Lyric's stories until a few days ago, so I missed a lot of info. from beginning reports. I have gone back to thread #1 and am working my way through. I have a question that I'm sure will eventually be addressed as I work through the earlier threads, but if anyone cares to help me out now that would be appreciated.

I saw a picture at this link:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

of the alley way (behind Ledermen's) that their grandmother reportedly saw them in at 12:15 p.m. the day they went missing. Is this alley viewable from the home or yard? If not, why was it that the grandmother was looking in the alley way? Is this a place they sometimes played at and she was checking on them?

Thanks for any info. Back to thread #1 now!!

Yes. And until more is linkable about what exactly these funds are being used for in the msm we will not use this as a platform to bash the family or speculate on those funds that have been donated.

(sorry PattyG.. just jumping off your link/clarification that the donations go to a fund at the bank)

Nothing like nipping it in the bud. You and that big needle. :thumb:

I didn't start following Elizabeth & Lyric's stories until a few days ago, so I missed a lot of info. from beginning reports. I have gone back to thread #1 and am working my way through. I have a question that I'm sure will eventually be addressed as I work through the earlier threads, but if anyone cares to help me out now that would be appreciated.

I saw a picture at this link:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

of the alley way (behind Ledermen's) that their grandmother reportedly saw them in at 12:15 p.m. the day they went missing. Is this alley viewable from the home or yard? If not, why was it that the grandmother was looking in the alley way? Is this a place they sometimes played at and she was checking on them?

Thanks for any info. Back to thread #1 now!!

If you look on the google map EC's home actually faces the back of this building and others...Ollipop had good photos showing you can see EC's home from the front parking lot of the men's store...
the photos were way back in the thread in the 100's

Why is money being collected anyway? Just wondering...why is money always an issue in these cases?

And if LE/FBI really has reason to believe the girls are alive, instead of just no proof they are not, then I think they are looking at someone close to the families, and not a stranger abduction. No way, IMO, LE would be saying this if they had no idea what was going on here.

What is the money for?

I don;t know about you, but if my kid went missing, there is no way i would be able to work.

And I would venture to guess that millions of families in America don't have enough in savings to tide them over through a crisis like this. In fact, I think there are some families who would be homeless if they missed a day or two of work.

Was it Canada recently that passed a law that gives financial assistance to families of missing kids? I think that's a great idea. I wish we had such a law here.

Frankly, I don't understand the outcry every time the family of a missing child or adult sets up, or benefits, from a fundraiser.

Any family member who offed their kid would be highly unlikely, IMO, to dare to set up a fundraiser. They would be too busy trying not to get caught. Further, most of these fundraisers are set up by third parties.

But even if set up by the families themselves, I don't see a problem. Should they lose everything while waiting for their kids to be found?

Finally, I disagree that LE MUST think it's family in order to state the children are still alive. First of all, we hear LE make such statements all the time, in missing kid cases, for a variety of reasons. Second, there have been a few cases of two children abducted by a stranger, where at least one (or both) survives. I think kids might have a better chance at survival if kidnapped in twos, for some reason. Third, no bodies or signs of serious injury have been found, so why can't they be alive, even if taken by a stranger?

I'm going to hold out hope for now.

I think we need a poll

"What happened to Elizabeth and Lyric"

This all depends on the girls making it from where/when the camera recorded them, to the lake, in that time. I will definitely double-check that distance tomorrow, but IMO, they'd have to be racing to make it, from Brovan, to Sipple, to Morrell and over to the trail, or just to Evans, and then south to the lake. I'd bet I could do it, tbh. Two young girls on kids bikes, tho? :dunno:

Timeline and possible scenario SBM

Ollipop, great timeline! And I think your timeline is very plausible.

As to whether the girls could make it to that point, here's my possible scenario:

Elizabeth and Lyric both know they are supposed to stay within a block or so of Elizabeth's house. Individually, each of them would probably do so. But when you put two kids together, it's normal for them to sometimes egg each other on into a little mischief. The weather has cooled down from the horrid highs earlier in the week and they're feeling frisky.

They decide to ride from in front of their house around the loop of Meyer's Lake and back without grandma knowing. They're eight and ten years old and it's a thrill to think of going that far without getting into trouble.

So they start racing down to Meyer's Lake, pedalling their little hearts out. They may even have decided to make it a race. In any case, they're all hyped up because they know that they are doing something they shouldn't do.

The thrills of childhood!

And then, something goes wrong at Meyer's lake, very very wrong.

I think your theory, Ollipop, is correct.

FBI will not comment about an arrest of Misty's boyfriend, which happened yesterday afternoon. #EvansdaleSearch

by AdamKWWL7 via twitter 3:10 PM

WHAT? They arrested mistys boyfriend YESTERDAY? This seems incredibly convenient, like they did it for a reason. what were the charges?

KCRG News just reported on twitter reports of finding girls are rumors
Officer Randy Weber of the Evansdale PD confirms

Boyfriend cannot be discussed, he hasn't been named in msm. Mods has warned us several times, just a friendly reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000