IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Abbens has a health issue to deal with? You never know what the heck might be going on in his own life, and how an investigation such as this could be affecting him. I don't take it to mean that he isn't doing his job to the best of his ability - the man is only human, and he does have a life outside of work! And for all we know, it could well be that he is away because of work, for this case or some other.... I wouldn't put too much stock into his absence....

Abben's is Black Hawk's Chief Deputy Capt. of Evansdale & made spokesperson for the pressers, The sheriff is Tony Thompson. I haven't seen Sheriff Thompson but it seems clear to me that the FBI have the lead on the girls disappearance. jmo

Was it on the morning of her disappearance that Lyric spoke about her Dad being mad at her about her chores? I don't recall that.

All donations are going directly to a bank that has the control of it . Certainly they are not given it to the Family . I would think trust fund or special fund just for The cousins would be set up.

We are a victim friendly site, the parents are considered victims at this time.

Rumors are not allowed. If you state something you need to be able to back it up with main stream media links.

Ima

Maybe Abbens has a health issue to deal with? You never know what the heck might be going on in his own life, and how an investigation such as this could be affecting him. I don't take it to mean that he isn't doing his job to the best of his ability - the man is only human, and he does have a life outside of work! And for all we know, it could well be that he is away because of work, for this case or some other.... I wouldn't put too much stock into his absence....

I can see what you are saying but gee whiz why advertise the absence in a nationwide press conference?

Why is money being collected anyway? Just wondering...why is money always an issue in these cases?

And if LE/FBI really has reason to believe the girls are alive, instead of just no proof they are not, then I think they are looking at someone close to the families, and not a stranger abduction. No way, IMO, LE would be saying this if they had no idea what was going on here.

Abben's is Black Hawk's Chief Deputy Capt. of Evansdale & made spokesperson for the pressers, The sheriff is Tony Thompson. I haven't seen Sheriff Thompson but it seems clear to me that the FBI have the lead on the girls disappearance. jmo
Thank you. I did not know that. So, do you mean not seen as in not in front of cameras or not seen as in not participating in the investigation?

Perhaps been brought up but...

Maybe law enforcement is trying to trick the family, or any suspect out there into thinking they're no longer under suspicion, and hope they do something sloppy and lead them to the girls.

Also, are both sets of girls girls parents involved in drugs and alcohol, or just the one?

Unfortunately as someone who is familiar with hold alcohol and drugs can have over someone, even I was shocked to hear one mom was in a bar. This is beyond a severe addiction problem, and in the realm of mentally unstable, and not attached to reality in the least IMO

Where can I find a good primer/key players for this case? Thx!

Was it on the morning of her disappearance that Lyric spoke about her Dad being mad at her about her chores? I don't recall that.

I didn't know that Lyric lived with her dad. Why else would they be arguing about chores?

It's been a few days since computers were removed, and it's possible they got information from one of them.

"Brousseau said officers recently went into a family home and confiscated all the computers “for the purpose of seeing what information they could get off them.” She did not say whose home the computers were taken from, and investigators did not comment on the removal of items from family members’ homes."

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2012/07/19/search-expands-for-missing-cousins-in-iowa/

I can see what you are saying but gee whiz why advertise the absence in a nationwide press conference?

It occurs to me that he might have done that in order to let the perp(s) know that someone else would be there in case they called in etc. Sometimes perps get familiar with the officers they see in the press conferences, and reach out but to that officer specifically. Also, it could be they wanted to send a message to the perp(s) about a change in tone of the investigation / change in command. We'll be better able to assess that if / when Abben comes back. Just saying that announcement might have been completely innocous (tell the entire scrum at once rather than let rumors surface about his absence later), or could have been a message to the perp(s)... just thinking out loud here.

Thank you. I did not know that. So, do you mean not seen as in not in front of cameras or not seen as in not participating in the investigation?

I had no idea until I looked up Abben's title the other day & who the sheriff was in Black Hawk. The Sheriff may be quite heavily involved but Abben has been holding the press conferences from what I saw. Not unusual at all to put a spokesperson out there.

im sorry i didnt have the media waiting to record something while i was at work. it was something witnessed first hand, that should count for something, its not a rumor if i saw it. i spoke with him directly

Hi asd<3!

If you would like to become a verified poster you can do that. It does allow you a little more freedom to post something not in the media, not necessarlily everything though. Its very easy to do and everything is confidential.

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.
Thank you!

Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us.

Ima

Please all locals get verified, I did once.
We REALLY NEED LOCALS!
We need to know all local stuff!
PLEASE! It will help us!

I believe it was a few days before they disappeared. She even packed a bag, but gma talked with her and calmed her down.

Sheriffs are elected officials. If my Sheriff made a nationwide statement that he was taking a weekend off while a major event is still happening I would not vote for them in the next election. I might even call for their resignation. I think most of the families in Evansdale would feel the same way. So I think something is up. IMO

I seriously doubt that the sheriff is spending the weekend golfing or sightseeing. LE officials are people with families and personal lives, just like the rest of us.

This weekend off could be a death in the family, a daughter's wedding, or a previously scheduled medical procedure. Lots of people schedule dental or laproscopic surgeries on Friday so they can recover over the weekend, and those are hard to re-schedule. While he may be unavailable to the media, I'm sure that he is in touch with his department by phone or text if they need him.

I am married to a police chief and I can tell you that the one thing he misses most since he became chief is having time to be out there in the streets catching criminals. His job now consists largely of paperwork, meetings with local officials, coordinating with other LE agencies and community action groups, personnel issues, decisions about ongiong training for all officers, speaking engagements, responding to media requests and budgetary concerns. It is the detectives who work for him that get to solve the crimes.

I didn't know that Lyric lived with her dad. Why else would they be arguing about chores?

Lyric and her Mother live with Misty's mother, WC, who has custody of Lyric. Here's the link to the statement about the chores/"run away":

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores.

"She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

:nurse:

:tos:

:nurse:

people.. let us reel it in and get back on track... Please. And if you want to post as an insider please follow the verification rules.. otherwise: rumors stay out of this thread and that includes speculation on the family at this point. They have not been named suspects in the case. If that changes at any point the rules will change.

All donations are going directly to a bank that has the control of it . Certainly they are not given it to the Family . I would think trust fund or special fund just for The cousins would be set up.

BBM. Not according to KCRG/Cedar Rapids.

"Donations collected at the event will be given to the family of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, of Waterloo, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, of Evansdale, who have been missing since July 13"

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Walk...Support-Missing-Girls-Families-163296566.html

Hopefully, this is considered MSM as it's a major Cedar Rapids ABC news bureau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member