IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Heather and Drew speaking out on the news at 6. I usually watch KWWL out of Waterloo.

Heather asked for the return of the girls.. drop them off anywhere. Then she said Tonight.

There is also a voicemail left for her dad by Elizabeth that will be played on the 10:00 news. KWWL said it was left before she disappeared (not sure if it is the same day, day before, etc).

If I hadnt heard FBI say this before I may be more excited and believe the girls are alive but they have said the same thing in other cases and the victim was deceased shortly after being kidnapped.

So this doesnt really give me that much hope. LE will say the same thing because they have no evidence that they are dead. They started off doing the same thing when Sierra Lamar went missing saying they thought she was alive because they had no evidence to prove otherwise. All along I think LE knew she was dead but this gives the families hope and will keep the tips coming in.

Once they receive the evidence back from the forensic lab the statement of 'they are alive' could change in a heartbeat but LE still may keep it close to the vest until someone is arrested for abducting the girls.

Unless these girls were taken for sex slaves.... I highly doubt they are alive.

Even the places LE and volunteers have searched really shows the real truth about what LE is thinking happened to the girls. People dont search for alive children in a lake, woods, and landfills.
IMO

(Forgive me for being too lazy to find the actual quote and link while on my tablet, but someone did post it a little earlier.) I normally agree with what you said, but this did sound different to me. The FBI said something to the effect that they now believe they are still alive due to evidence they obtained yesterday. So I am more hopeful than I would be if they were just saying the generic "we think they are still alive" which as you say, they always say until they have the evidence to say they are not.

Investigators say they have evidence leading them to believe two Iowa cousins aged eight and 10 who vanished last week are still alive.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Saturday authorities strongly believe Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, have not been killed since disappearing in Evansdale, Iowa on July 13.

She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but told reporters that investigators are expanding their search beyond Iowa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ive-FBI-probe-abduction-past-state-lines.html

FYI this is important

Back on track here, please!

Remember, we do NOT sleuth people who have not been named in the media. Just because someone has been arrested does not mean that we post their information here. (Exception: registered sex offenders can always be looked at, provided their info is not used in any illegal ways.)

We also do NOT do rumors. If you can't back it up with a link, don't say it (unless you are a verified insider to the case).

bumping this up...
please do not bash the family of the missing children. They are victims and have not been named suspects in this case. There is also a reason why we ask for main stream media links and pictures... do not post twitter posts or pictures unless they are from main stream media. This thread will be closed for a few minutes until everyone has had a chance to read this and get back on track.

(Forgive me for being too lazy to find the actual quote and link while on my tablet, but someone did post it a little earlier.) I normally agree with what you said, but this did sound different to me. The FBI said something to the effect that they now believe they are still alive due to evidence they obtained yesterday. So I am more hopeful than I would be if they were just saying the generic "we think they are still alive" which as you say, they always say until they have the evidence to say they are not.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said authorities "feel strongly" that 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have not been killed. She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but urged anyone with information about their disappearance to contact law enforcement.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2698419.shtml?cat=1

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said authorities "feel strongly" that 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have not been killed. She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but urged anyone with information about their disappearance to contact law enforcement.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2698419.shtml?cat=1

The quote you used was not the quote I was remembering. The following is what I remember reading. It sounds a little more promising, IMHO.

Yes, and based partially on evidence found Friday:

"We believe the two girls are alive," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault told ABC News. Breault said this belief was based partly on the evidence found Friday, but would not elaborate further.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believes-missing-iowa-girls-alive/story?id=16827922#.UAsm8ERqpig

Other piece [not evidence], may be a good lead or tip and interview. Perhaps, some beginning to talk.

We don't know exactly what stage of the investigation they're at. They could be just about to close in on whoever has taken them. They could have excellent information as to what's happened to the girls and be just about to make an arrest and recover them alive and well.

I hope so!

I know we heard that the bag that had her cellphone was recovered.... Maybe that the cellphone wasn't in it. I didn't hear exactly what was found except through this board, so not sure how definitive the info has been regarding the bag/purse/cellphone.
But you're right.... and I really should just stick to what I know and not speculate since I am not really good at it!

We don't know for sure where that phone is right now. I hope that it is being kept for evidence but I've seen past cases in which items have been examined for evidence, photographed, printed, digital info copied and then the item is returned to the family. I think that this would be a mistake on the part of LE, but it does happen. One example would be the car which was driven by Billy and Shawn when Hailey went missing.

Also, I suspect that LE sometimes returns things like cell phones to see what a POI does with it after they get it back. Maybe LE put their own GPS in it.

Another thought...maybe there has been activity on the games the girls used to play which would indicate that they are alive, even if they accessed it from a different phone or computer.:moo:

Elmomom- don't be afraid to brainstorm. I think you could be on to something!:seeya:

Perhaps you are right but to me its just semantics and LE speakism.

Imo, the evidence they have found thus far doesnt point to them being dead. That could be as simple as finding no blood on anything they have collected.

Just because they may have received evidence that yielded no results proving their deaths have occurred it really doesnt mean the children are alive.

Imo, LE has not found the crime scene yet or the girls. All they found is just the bikes and purse as far as we now and I dont think there was any blood evidence on them. They have had time to get preliminary lab results back by now. Even if they found shoes if nothing was on them to point to them being harmed in the immediate area it still doesnt mean that the girls are alive, imo.

I would like nothing more than to be wrong though.

Wouldn't this be ANOTHER poly for Misty since she reported taking one earlier in the week? Wonder if LE had a new line of questions for her? Interesting she would be in a hotel with her soon-to-be ex-husband after reports surface of a new boyfriend.

ABC is a big grandstander and many of their reports are erroneous, imo. I'll take it with a mountain of salt unless it been reported by other MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman