IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KCRG News just reported on twitter reports of finding girls are rumors
Officer Randy Weber of the Evansdale PD confirms

good to know, my daughter was getting them.

BTW....Drew and Heather Collins are going to be on the KWWL 10pm news I am pretty sure the blurb on TV just said.

Despite the clear dysfunction in Lyric's family, the circumstances don't really lend themselves to someone in the family abducting them, IMO. For what reason would they do that? And why away from the house? Wouldn't it be easier to take them very close to home, even in their home? And why both of them? And wouldn't that mean the likelihood that other family members are in on it, or on a coverup, are high? And if LE knows they are alive, how? Why? Where would the kids be and why would family take them, fake an abduction and hide them? Custodial interference or something? And how could family, who is being watched by LE and the media, keep them hidden for so long? And if they were sold for drugs or money, how would LE know they are alive? if they did know that, they would also very likely know where the girls are.

No, I have seen no facts other than dysfunction, to point to the girl's own families. No evidence links them at all thus far.

You know, we have seen this happen to other families with issues in their past who were not involved at all. Like Danielle Van Dam's parents, or Tori Stafford's. Frankly, I think kids from dysfunctional homes are MORE likely to be victims of stranger or non-family abductions than other kids, because supervision may not be as good, they may have come into contact with more shady people, they may be more prone to listening or trusting a bad guy because they are desperate for love or attention, etc.

I'm just going to wait and see what LE discover and/or do. Until then, I don't know.

A reporter asked if Misty' bf being arrested yesterday has anything to do with this and she said she could not comment on that.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Hi all....I was just catching up on the presser today. Since this is part of the recorded and broadcast press release, are we NOW allowed to know his name and add him to the list of people involved in this case?

I am not clear on how that all works on WS.

Personally, my thoughts are that IF they were taken by someone known to the family, the chances they are alive is better. If taken by a random stranger, I feel less optimistic. JMO

Elizabeth and Lyric both know they are supposed to stay within a block or so of Elizabeth's house. ...
snipped
If that IS the case I just had a thought- what if someone around where they were riding, reached out and grabbed little ELizabeths bag, hopped in a vehicle, and taunted them with it, driving sorta slow, and they girls followed? and wound up over in that SE corner...could even have been been someone they know & were talking to

that make not make sense- been painting garden furniture and the fumes may have gotten to me

OH what if it was a prank on the girls, & they went that person to do something, get an ice cream, something..... and when they were coming back to get their bikes , whoever they were with freaked out seeing the police presence???

I must say this. Everyone compare your clocks. As I sit here now typing this, my cell phone says the time is 9:16 and my iPad says it's 9:20. My husbands cell phone says it is 9:22. If we are comparing times, its impossible to get down to the minute with different devices. I have worked emergency medicine for years and when working a code you always use ONE time piece when documenting. My point is, comparing time from the video where the girls were seen to the time the bike rider says he saw the bikes could be off as much as 10 extra minutes or so. So instead of 12:15 siting to 12:20 siting of bikes you could be looking at 6-10 extra minutes there. Lord I hope that makes since and I haven't just made a fool of myself.

BBM

Simp, you taught me something important with this message and the thank you button was not enough.

I had always assumed that cellphones get the time from the cell carrier as they ping. If so, all cell phones would have the same time.

Clearly that is not true.

You've changed the way I look at the evidence in this case as well in every other case.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hi all....I was just catching up on the presser today. Since this is part of the recorded and broadcast press release, are we NOW allowed to know his name and add him to the list of people involved in this case?

I am not clear on how that all works on WS.

his name has not been released in the media and he has not been named a person of interest in this case... So No, we will not be sleuthing him until anything changes on that matter

his name has not been released in the media and he has not been named a person of interest in this case... So No, we will not be sleuthing him until anything changes on that matter

I already deleted my post. Sorry.

fbi is talking to "persons of interest"
reporter:
"fbi spokesperson says they have evidence that leads them to strongly believe the missing cousins were abducted and are still alive but they won't say what that evidence is. 10 year old LCM and 8 year old EC disappeared a week ago from waterloo. Meantime, lyrics mother says police are trying to force her to admit that she and her husband are responsible for their daughters disappearance."

fox news at 9--chicago

Since the FBI is saying it has a POI , shouldn't we feel a little more hopeful about the girls being found? Or do you all think the FBI is saying this to get someone to turn them self in?

drew & heather collins interview hightlights on KWWL news....
girls still not found confirmed in the last 1/2 hour. (regarding twitter and FB rumors)
very difficult with elizabeth missing. getting harder as ays go on. begging for the kidnappers to let the girls go free. someone out there knows something and might be scared. they need to tell..will not talk about the drug charges of the morrisseys. the LE is treating them like family and taking it personally. they feel LE will not stop until they are found.

I did sort of the opposite with my kids. We discussed on a regular basis WHO was SAFE to ask for help. First was always someone "on duty".... at an outdoor event it would be uniformed police officers, fire or EMS personnel, or even the ticket takers at a sports event. In a store or mall it would be security, the person at the checkout register or the information booth where strollers are often rented out. In the absence of these alternatives they were told to find a mother with HAPPY children with her and ask her for help.

I just always believed it was better to have children feel a confidence in being able to help themselves in that situation, rather than FEAR everyone so much that they would be paralyzed or even worse HIDE making it harder to locate them.

The thank you button was not enough.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

Timeline and possible scenario SBM

Ollipop, great timeline! And I think your timeline is very plausible.

As to whether the girls could make it to that point, here's my possible scenario:

Elizabeth and Lyric both know they are supposed to stay within a block or so of Elizabeth's house. Individually, each of them would probably do so. But when you put two kids together, it's normal for them to sometimes egg each other on into a little mischief. The weather has cooled down from the horrid highs earlier in the week and they're feeling frisky.

They decide to ride from in front of their house around the loop of Meyer's Lake and back without grandma knowing. They're eight and ten years old and it's a thrill to think of going that far without getting into trouble.

So they start racing down to Meyer's Lake, pedalling their little hearts out. They may even have decided to make it a race. In any case, they're all hyped up because they know that they are doing something they shouldn't do.

The thrills of childhood!

And then, something goes wrong at Meyer's lake, very very wrong.

I think your theory, Ollipop, is correct.

I have to say that I really don't believe that the girls could cycle ~1.5 miles in ~5 minutes IMO.

I just mapped it out on Google between where I live now and my previous place (1.5 miles) and even with no traffic or stops, I couldn't do it in 5 minutes at my normal pace.

And from the age of 16 to 23 I cycled everywhere including up to 8 miles to work.

But I really don't know what to think with seemingly solid timings of the camera footage and reliable witness that spotted the bikes on the trail!?

also Drew came across a voice mail on his phone just before taping the KWWL segment he had not listened to...it was Elizabeth telling him she loved him and it was left prior to the disappearance. he played it.... :'( it was heartbreaking!

hope they find these girls soon!

drew & heather collins interview hightlights on KWWL news....
girls still not found confirmed in the last 1/2 hour. (regarding twitter and FB rumors)
very difficult with elizabeth missing. getting harder as ays go on. begging for the kidnappers to let the girls go free. someone out there knows something and might be scared. they need to tell..will not talk about the drug charges of the morrisseys. the LE is treating them like family and taking it personally. they feel LE will not stop until they are found.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19081988/parents-of-elizabeth-collins-plead-for-release-of-girls

Snipped

KWWL News interviewed Heather and Drew Collins Saturday afternoon in Evansdale. The parents also believe the girls are alive.

Drew Collins says, "Someone out there knows something, and they might be too scared to tell. There's two little girls here and they need to tell somebody.Do they have enough courage to just come forward and tell what that is."

I feel for Drew and Heather, getting that voicemail would have cut like a knife. :(

also Drew came across a voice mail on his phone just before taping the KWWL segment he had not listened to...it was Elizabeth telling him she loved him and it was left prior to the disappearance. he played it.... :'( it was heartbreaking!

hope they find these girls soon!

This just sounds a little contrived to me. I mean, your child is missing and a week later you find a voice mail from her that she left on the day she went missing? Wouldn't you check your phone for all messages in case someone called and left a message about an emergency or something else. I mean a WEEK later... What if she had left a message saying Dad i'm at ____ and I need help....
I just think this was made up by either the FBI, the family themselves or the TV station to keep the story alive. No way do I believe he _just_ found this message.

Just watched the kwwl interview with drew and heather. They handled the situation so well. Refusing to comment on Dan and misti. I think it would be hard to not say something in the situation. I am impressed with their restraint. Regardless of wheteher they are involved, their past makes this case more challenging and the Collins have remained focused on the girls only. Also they own their own business so I imagine it is suffering while they are focusing on this case. I imagine the money will help pay a few bills until some resolution is reached. Also just fyi, 5th degree theft could be a bad check in Iowa. Its a misdeamor.

BBM

Simp, you taught me something important with this message and the thank you button was not enough.

I had always assumed that cellphones get the time from the cell carrier as they ping. If so, all cell phones would have the same time.

Clearly that is not true.

You've changed the way I look at the evidence in this case as well in every other case.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:) thanks
Can you please tell me what BBM stands for? I'm new here and do not know what some of these abbreviations mean. :)

This just sounds a little contrived to me. I mean, your child is missing and a week later you find a voice mail from her that she left on the day she went missing? Wouldn't you check your phone for all messages in case someone called and left a message about an emergency or something else. I mean a WEEK later... What if she had left a message saying Dad i'm at ____ and I need help....
I just think this was made up by either the FBI, the family themselves or the TV station to keep the story alive. No way do I believe he _just_ found this message.

IMO, it's too convenient to now suddenly find a voice mail!
Plus remember, one of the family members ..-aunt Tammy I believe, said LE collected phones and checked them out! Trust me LE knows if a message was found or not.

I know we have all heard LE claim children were believed to be alive before, only to be heartbroken when they weren't...and I was skeptical at first. But I really do think that this time, LE does think they are alive.

I have to give props to LE in this case. They drained a lake, sifted through garbage, checked cars, did door to foot searches and probably checked thousands of tips on top of the hundreds of things we don't know about. I have faith that these girls will be found one way or another. And soon.

If they had to step on people's toes and such to get their info, so be it. The main objective is to find these girls. And I applaud their efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme