IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to what happened the day the girls went missing? Would like to know who told Tammy the girls were missing or if she was at Grandmas at that time? TIA

Is it in the article I posted-let me check. I think the grandmother was watching the girls at the Collins home.

Ok, the article states the grandmother watched the girls a few times a week at the Collins home-does not state specifically she was that day-but I am pretty sure she was watching them that day.

Ok, the article states the grandmother watched the girls a few times a week at the Collins home-does not state specifically she was that day-but I am pretty sure she was watching them that day.

I think you misunderstood me. I am trying to find out where Tammy was not Grandma and when did Tammy show up? Did someone call her?

There seems to be a few people who were out & about during the early afternoon hours.either driving to or from work or appointments.or looking for the girls.even the girls themselves.unaccounted time.I'll even throw in napping.unaccounted cause unless your an infant no one is watching you nap.imo. All to end up at the lake by late afternoon.
I think the girls may have seen things they wer'nt suposed to see. In life and on this day.imo

New video from the auction house next to Lederman’s shows them riding by at 12:11.

That appears to be the same video we've seen all along...just the beginning is further out. It seems to be the same video to me (zoomed in and out).

"It looked kind of grainy, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said. "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."

The video also matches the police timeline. Investigators say the girls left the home to ride their bikes shortly after noon July 13. The camera's clock shows it was 12:11 p.m. when they rode by.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676#.UA_2DmFQ58B

Oh, well I would like to know that too!!

There was a good synopsis of it all by a poster who's hat begins with "sun" on thread 5 or 6 , sorry I can't remember it, but Gma was supposed to leave at 1:30 with Lyric to return to Waterloo to do something with Tammy. Gma left and told Misty and Heather they need to find their girls because Tammy was at her house waiting for her. Gma left, but Drew called and said that they needed to come back and help look for the girls....so they did. Either before she left or was on her way she called Misty and told her to go to HC's house because the girls were missing. When Gma and Tammy returned, they picked up EC's brother and began to search the area parks, etc. Heather went to the LE station. I don't know where Drew and Misty were during the search....., but I've been trying to find that out. HTH *****Maybe someone with better memory than mine will chirp up with the poster's full hat or has a link to the exact post.

"It looked kind of grainy, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said. "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."

The video also matches the police timeline. Investigators say the girls left the home to ride their bikes shortly after noon July 13. The camera's clock shows it was 12:11 p.m. when they rode by.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676#.UA_2DmFQ58B

So girls were riding away from Meyers lake. Aunt Tammy makes Grandma go to Meyers lake on a feeling and how convenient that the bikes where found there.:waitasec:

with the 1211 time frame (if correct)that allows more time to get to the lake

as to why LE said 1215 is unknown, if the same tape, maybe LE determined the time was off 4 minutes?

or are there two tapes?? did the Big and Tall have a camera too or not?

even though the girls were heading West, they could have looped around the block and gone the shorter route to the lake...

So girls were riding away from Meyers lake. Aunt Tammy makes Grandma go to Meyers lake on a feeling and how convenient that the bikes where found there.:waitasec:

I was under the impression based on Tammy and Gramma's statements in interviews that they went to the lake after having checked the neighborhood blocks, nearby parks and other logical places to look and that the lake was sort of the place of last resort having run out of other places to check.

The problem with the synopsis I posted, is that since then the info has "morphed" a bit regarding who was where, when, and why...what I wrote was trying to decipher what Gma, Misty, and Tammy were saying happened in an interview early on, but that seems to be told differently now. Sometimes it is just a language or memory issue..I sure don't know. They are under a great deal of stress, perhaps that is why. Moo

So could girls have biked one direction initially (watering guy sees them after 12) and then turned around, or picked up something, and headed for the lake. Jules discovered W's house located near the trail. Is there someone who lives near watering guy..
Courier stuff..? MOO

I'm wondering also that since a picture of the bikes has not been shown...did either bike have a flat tire?

The mother of an Iowa boy missing since 1982 said she got a “sickening feeling” in the pit of her stomach when she heard news that two more of the state’s children, cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins, had vanished while riding their bicycles, a pursuit as iconic in Midwest culture as delivering the morning newspaper once was.

The news was salt in a wound that has never healed for Noreen Gosch, whose son Johnny’s abduction while delivering the Sunday paper in his West Des Moines neighborhood 30 years ago remains unsolved.

She said she “knew it was “a kidnapping right off the bat.”

And Gosch knew it was going to forever alter the lives of the families of Elizabeth, 8, and Lyric, 10, just as then 12-year-old Johnny’s disappearance on Sept. 5, 1982 inexorably changed hers.

http://marion.patch.com/articles/io...ny-gosch-s-mom-s-30-year-wound#photo-10749474

The problem with the synopsis I posted, is that since then the info has "morphed" a bit regarding who was where, when, and why...what I wrote was trying to decipher what Gma, Misty, and Tammy were saying happened in an interview early on, but that seems to be told differently now. Sometimes it is just a language or memory issue..I sure don't know. They are under a great deal of stress, perhaps that is why. Moo

Thanks Sunlight, sorry I couldn't remember your whole hat. :blushing: It was an excellent description of what might have actually happened, imo. I'm still trying to find if Drew stayed there with the younger siblings of EC or went to search also....and if Misty went a different way by herself, with Drew to search or stayed at house. Apparently, he ended up at the trail at some point because Misty told about him backing into the woods with his truck.

The clock says 12:11 when they went by?! That changes things too-

I mapped a route from the place last seen to where the bikes were found at Meyers Lake. Since they were headed West on the video, the fastest route would be via River Forest Road and would be around 1.92 miles. It's likely they would take the sidewalk down River Forest Road, due to the 4 lanes of traffic. A fast sidewalk speed with time for cross streets and intersections would be 10-12 mph. The earliest I would expect them to arrive at the Meyers Lake jetty would be between 12:21 and 12:23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma