IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be a good idea if they do anymore balloon releases (for this or other missing cases) to put mini "posters" (perhaps print a reg. 8X11 page into 4 mini "posters" & cut 'em out & roll them up & insert into each balloon.) inside each balloon w/ information to contact police if they have seen the person(s) in the "poster".
I mean if they are going to release balloons anyway (some w/ notes attached) why not spread the word in the process?
I have friends that have released balloons for anniversary or birthday of a loved one w/ notes inside report finding the balloons in other states or many miles away. Who knows that extra step might be the one that brings the loved one(s) home! ♡

Oh no. I know in the pit of my stomach that he wasn't arrested coincidentally. To me, this is why LE said other parents don't have to worry about their kids. I have a feeling they already have the perp. And it is also why they are trying to throw us all off searching for a mystery paddle boater (when our esteemed local says 12 people have paddle boated on that lake since the beginning of time). They don't want us seeing what is right before our faces. They have the kidnapper. They are just trying to get him to tell them where to find the bodies. I feel sick.

This is what Alaska police do. They put the suspect in jail for something else without ever calling them a suspect, so they can wait safely and securely while they gather evidence. I had thought that this was the case here and now with the address near the lake..well, it's pretty much the oceans razor solution after "drowned in the lake". I hope we are all wrong.

I had no idea the girls ride was that long.
No way my kids would have been allowed to ride that treck alone!
This is probably silly but ......
the security vid that caught the girls, what vehicle was seen next going in the same direction
?

It's pretty clear from what various family members have said that the girls were not allowed to go that far alone.

However, did you always do what your parents told you to do? Me either. And I hate to break this to you but your kids probably don't either.

The vehicle on the security tape is an interesting thought. I wonder if there was enough detail there to identify it?

OT: But someone mentioned the FBI or people working this case, watching this site. Has anyone ever wondered if perps check this site??

That seriously freaks me out....as I am pretty sure it's likely happened.

As I understand it, yes, it has happened before.

I believe it was the Abraham Shakespeare case, the lottery winner who was killed for his money.

And probably others.

I like to think that WS has caused some seriously sleepless nights for a few perps.

IMO they can just get over themselves.

This isn't about them, it's about two lost frightened little girls who may be being beat, tortured, God knows what, but are most definitely scared witless and crying for home.

If joe public likes to insert a little humour and humanity into a situation which is so horrific, it by poking a little bit of gentle fun at someone's name, well too bad. The alternative is, they turn off. They turn off the news, they log off the websites, they stop spreading the word and being involved, because it is just too goddam awful.

I for one wouldn't give a toss if I was laughed at/frightened of....what exactly? my pride being hurt?... if it helped these babies come home one second sooner.

:moo:

Edit- but I'm Australian and we laugh at everything here.

Uhh I don't want to get too far off track here but... frightened of? A freak (IMO) perp finding my house, my family, my loved ones.

On this case I only know what's been here or in the media so I can't comment directly, but even in the extremely similar situation I described here that happened to me the other night, the "potential perps" had a description of my car, of me, my license #, and likely could find where I live if they wanted to. I was scared even walking from the store to my car! And I was debating when I got home if I should call or not to report that the cashier was scared they might rob the store. I'm pretty naive.. my much more street-savvy husband thought I was nuts to even consider calling in unless we heard something really bad had happened. (yes someone killed or missing falls in that category of "I'll deal with it even if it messes up my life" but I'd think long and hard about it)

------------
Edited to add: by "extremely similar" I meant in terms of level of fear and possibly local publicity. I realize the actual circumstances are very different.

Feeling sicker and sicker... I hope the girls are found, especially soon and extra especially unharmed.

Was it last evening a photo of the back of the big and tall store was posted on here? I got creeps the moment I saw it. Am I correct in thinking that the house the girls did not return to on time is across the back alley from this store? Anyone driving around that building and down the alley could look into the backyards of the homes along that alley?

Might be a dandy opportunity for anyone with bad motives to drive down that alley over time, and wave to the kids playing in the yards there. Gradually the driver would be looked on as a familiar face, not a stranger anymore driving by. So if the adult and kids met at another place in town, their 'stranger danger' alert may not kick in as quickly as for a total stranger.

When I talk to friends who grew up in small towns they say it is like an iceberg, alot of things going on 'under the water' out of sight. So it does not surprise me that children could be used to deliver messages and drugs anywhere. Alot of us have the summertime memory of kids out riding their bikes for hours around their town. So seeing a couple of young girls whizzing by on bikes in any town might not attract alot of attention, unless someone saw them at a place known to be unsafe, or associating with someone of dubious character.

If the grandma was out driving around for an hour scouting for the late girls, who was back at the house looking after the other kids she left there? How would she know if they came back safely to the house while she was out looking? Or can this be asked?

It's pretty clear from what various family members have said that the girls were not allowed to go that far alone.

However, did you always do what your parents told you to do? Me either. And I hate to break this to you but your kids probably don't either.

The vehicle on the security tape is an interesting thought. I wonder if there was enough detail there to identify it?

Be assured my kids now 21, 25 and 30 years, did not ride beyond their allowed area because they rode with either me or their dad until they were 16 years old. Yep, we were that overly protective.It worked cause my kids never vanished.

bbm
(So really, the bolded snark was not needed.) thanks

Be assured my kids now 21, 25 and 30 years, did not ride beyond their allowed area because they rode with either me or their dad until they were 16 years old. Yep, we were that overly protective.It worked cause my kids never vanished.

bbm

I'm sorry it came across as snark, I thought I was being humorous. I truly apologise for not making it more clear that it was intended merely as humour.

I seriously doubt the girls were delivering drugs. They were just kids. Scratch the surface of a quarter of our next door neighbours and they're living or have lived very similar lives to these families. It's just the way of the world now, sadly. Just because the families have had trouble with drugs and crime themselves, doesn't mean they were involving their kids. Those kids looked loved and happy to me.

It does, however, mean that the kids are at least peripherally exposed to some bad people. Something a lot of people just don't like to think about, when they go on their merry way with their "habits".

I have been two threads behind for 3 days. I gave up trying to catch up. I am just goin to go from here and hope I didn't miss anything important.

bbm

Two little girls, hot summers day, bike ride...should be the most natural, simplest thing in the world. I did it a million times when I was a kid. If I couldn't get there by bike, I didn't go, and I went everywhere.

It is the safest simplest thing in the world, most of the time, all around the world, every day. It's times that it's not that make us all so fearful where statistically, they're more likely to be hit by lightening. You can alter your odds, by being vigilant like you...but it's a fine balance between being vigilant, and instilling unnecessary fear in your kids when the statistics clearly say, they're going to be fine.

Someone listed off all the little angels, Aaliyah, Lisa, Kyron, Isa, I know I'm forgetting some important ones - but missing babies with parents who all swear they're innocent and uninvolved. Statistically speaking, at least one or two of them, and more likely MOST of them, are lying and getting away with it. Statistically speaking.

:banghead:

Now that's scarier to me. The fact that parents can and do murder their kids and get away with it...even fool LE and pretty much everyone.

I'm sorry it came across as snark, I thought I was being humorous. I truly apologise for not making it more clear that it was intended merely as humour.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I mistook your post.
I truly love humor and really am tired tonight. It's late, so again please accept my apology.
I truly value your opinions and comments about this case.

Some how, some way I really feel we are going to find out eventually that this horrible situation is meth related. How big of a coincidence that both parents have served jail time related to the drug and the father is facing the biggest amount of jail time in his life ever and then his daughter goes missing? There are too many perfect storm components at work here for the drug to not be related. I am using the term "drug" to cover people, places, a lot of things if you all know what I mean.

Another thought - I wonder why LE has not shown photos of the girl's bicycles? I fine that odd. Who knows, there could be some distinctive feature about the bicycles that could jog someone's memory of seeing them that day - a basket, a bell, something.

Two little girls, hot summers day, bike ride...should be the most natural, simplest thing in the world. I did it a million times when I was a kid. If I couldn't get there by bike, I didn't go, and I went everywhere.

It is the safest simplest thing in the world, most of the time, all around the world, every day. It's times that it's not that make us all so fearful where statistically, they're more likely to be hit by lightening. You can alter your odds, by being vigilant like you...but it's a fine balance between being vigilant, and instilling unnecessary fear in your kids when the statistics clearly say, they're going to be fine.

Someone listed off all the little angels, Aaliyah, Lisa, Kyron, Isa, I know I'm forgetting some important ones - but missing babies with parents who all swear they're innocent and uninvolved. Statistically speaking, at least one or two of them, and more likely MOST of them, are lying and getting away with it. Statistically speaking.

:banghead:

Now that's scarier to me. The fact that parents can and do murder their kids and get away with it...even fool LE and pretty much everyone.

I was born in the 50's and raised in the late 50s and early 60s.
What an innocent, wonderful time to grow up. I went outside on summer mornings, met my cousins to ride bikes, played yard to yard and reported
home for lunch. .....only to start over again until lightening bugs came out.

By the time I got married and started having children , I began following true crime. I realized that child kidnappings and pedophilia were real.
I knew one thing for sure, my children would not disappear if either me or my dh, or the grandparents were WITH my kids and watched them.

I can make a long list with names of children who were taken, abducted, or kidnapped in the last 30 years who were out usually alone on bikes or on foot.
So no, the world is not safe and kids need to be watched... Because there are people who watch to see if children are unsupervised!

Also, I sadly recall Adam Walsh's abduction and murder. That case for me ended an age of innocence. I was pregnant with my first child when Adam was taken. I knew I'd be a very involved, very protective mom. I'm glad I was!
Imoo

Some how, some way I really feel we are going to find out eventually that this horrible situation is meth related. How big of a coincidence that both parents have served jail time related to the drug and the father is facing the biggest amount of jail time in his life ever and then his daughter goes missing? There are too many perfect storm components at work here for the drug to not be related. I am using the term "drug" to cover people, places, a lot of things if you all know what I mean.

Another thought - I wonder why LE has not shown photos of the girl's bicycles? I fine that odd. Who knows, there could be some distinctive feature about the bicycles that could jog someone's memory of seeing them that day - a basket, a bell, something.

I know what you're saying, I want to see the bikes too. Also,
I want to know where grandma drove when she looked for the
Girls for an hour. Imoo

Has the aunt been quiet lately? Is DM still not cooperating?
I agree about the meth thing. The kids were put at a greater risk.
Also someone posted they check this thread before they check their local news-I couldn't even tell you what is happening in my town, just following this case..

I know what you're saying, I want to see the bikes too. Also,
I want to know where grandma drove when she looked for the
Girls for an hour. Imoo

Yes....I want to go to a PC because I think I have some pretty good questions. Although they would all be answered with "we can't comment on that", which I completely understand. But still...

Also someone posted they check this thread before they check their local news-I couldn't even tell you what is happening in my town, just following this case..

Very brief coverage on JVM last night. Here is the transcript.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: (inaudible) cops saying most but not all of the family was cooperating with the 11-day old investigation now called an abduction. The mom of 10-year-old Lyric says she passed a lie detector test and says cops should start looking in another direction. Quote, "can rule me out of their book and move onto something else."

Straight out to Tammy Brousseau, the missing girls` aunt. Tammy what do you know about Misty and her lie detector test? How did it turn out.

TAMMY BROUSSEAU, MISSING GIRLS` AUNT (via telephone): Jane, that`s correct. Misty has given that information that she passed the polygraph test with no problems at all. She was given a UA to make sure there was absolutely nothing in her system. She was not under the influence of anything. And the polygraph test came out showing that she passed entirely. No problems at all.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What about --

BROUSSEAU: Go ahead.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What about Dan? You`re looking at Dan right there. That`s the father of missing Lyric. What about him?

BROUSSEAU: Dan as well took a second polygraph test. Also was UA`d and his UA was clean. He cooperated 100 percent. So now all family members are on board and have cooperated 100 percent.

Our focus now is -- yes, let`s put it on the girls and let`s move on. Let`s ask this person who has our children, please release them. Bring them home. Let them go. We don`t care where. Drop them off at a gas station. Just see it in your heart to let our girls come home.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tammy, how do cops know that these girls are alive? What`s your theory? Who has them?

BROUSSEAU: Here`s my theory. I don`t know who has them. My only guess is, you know, from watching past situations, you know, where it`s somebody who knew the area well, somebody who may have been watching them, you know, that day for a period of time that day. We don`t know truly who has them.

Do we know whether they`re alive or not? The answer to that is, no, none of us do know. Not even the Evansdale police or the FBI. We`re all going on the hopes that, yes, our girls are alive. We want to continue to believe that they`re alive and they`re going to be returned home to us alive.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cops are focusing on new leads. They say they want to talk to a boater. We`ve got some shots of boaters. Somebody was on the lake boating around in one of those little tiny boats. What do you know about that? Who is this individual?

BROUSSEAU: I don`t know who that individual is. I was on scene prior to the Evansdale police showing up. And I was on scene before the Waterloo Sheriff`s Department showed up. I had a gut feeling to go there and look for my nieces.

So my mother and I and the Collins family, Little Boy Kelly (ph), we all went to Myers Lake. I jumped out and started asking random people. One man said yes, he had seen the description of those girls on the bike trail going west. It`s a small lake. The bike trail wraps around small -- it`s not real huge. And within 20 minutes of us standing there, Evansdale police and Waterloo Sheriff`s Department were on the bike trail with their vehicles, went around to that side, located the bicycles and Elizabeth`s purse.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/24/ijvm.01.html

"The kids were put at a greater risk." - Yes! That was what I was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20