IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shaking. I think others connected the dots before me. But if I go missing - tell LE what you know! :what:

Hubby says you should call LE right now ,,,,,,,,,, and that I should get off the computer and get to sleep.

No way.

Super Job, Jules71 :woohoo:

Does he (JW) have anything to do with Dan's drug case?

It is all fitting together. But where are those sweet girls? Oh I don't feel good about this.

I don't think so. This story says that the accomplice was Jason Stolfis. But I also read in another story that there are 2 accomplices.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/wylma-cook-iowa-cousins_n_1699780.html

By the way, I hadn't heard of JW getting released from jail. I think he's still in there, unless I missed it.

This also explains why Heather is so CLEARLY pissed at Misty.

Sorry if I distressed you with my comment. I wasn't trying to imply that some crazy killer has the girls and is sending taunting letters to LE. What I meant was that if the abductor(s) sent letters/emails to LE, that could be why LE believes the girls are alive. And those letters/emails could be the evidence that was referred to in at least one of the recent pressers (sorry, can't recall which one). JMO

Again, I didn't mean to imply anything sinister.

Seriously you couldn't stress me out more than I already am over this one...I was already there so please don't apologise!

I think most human beings and definitely all mums who've had a daughter this age feels like both of us...just worried, anxious, and hoping for the best, but bracing for the worst.

It's the first thing I check every morning, even before my own local news.

The real horror is, sometimes there are no answers. I don't know if that's better or worse for us out here in public land...those of us who try (and probably fail miserably at times) to be a voice and a memory for the missing. Sometimes I feel like it's almost too much, but then...to not care this much doesn't seem right at all.

:banghead:

:moo:

Catching up too, and a couple if observations. I agree with ollipop about a possible scenario. I think this happened much closer to home, cuz I think it physically impossible for them to go that distance and be abducted all in 5 minutes. I'm a local just outside of evansdale.

Also, if they headed west to river first road, they went by the trucking company on the corner. Id like to think they have a surveilliance camera. Someone else asked about what that business was. They said today that they have heard of more video available from commercial and residential.

I highly doubt they would have traveled all the way down river first road. And, it's 4 lane, so vehicles would have passed. A more likely route for someone familiar with the town, would be to cut back to ready end, ayers ave, to Elmer. But I don't think they got that far. If they were going somewhere on the sly anyway, they wouldnt want to be seen.

I think they befriended a neighbor and thats the abductor. I think the bikes were dumped, as I've said befit. Ollipop, you can verify this... When you go south on the street next to the collins house, is it sipple? At the end straight ahead is a rather unkempt creepy house. It almost looks abandoned. I'm seriously considering calling the tipline just to ask if that place had been checked out.

This would make a lot of sense.

I actually wondered about vacant shops/creepy shopkeepers too...an Etan Patz type scenario...but then someone would have been seen dumping the bikes? Unless they were other kids of course....

Are there many empty shops around that way? TIA.

If someone tells me a certain witness type person has a shop/property/office around there I'm going to call up the FBI. Lol.

Here is the article that says Dan has 2 co-defendants:

"One of his alleged accomplices in the drug case had a pretrial conference the day of the disappearance, and another co-defendant was scheduled to plea the following Monday."

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Family-Feels-Police-Scrutinizing-Them-163011886.html

I don't think the second co-defendant was ever named. Interesting that one name leaked out today, but not the other.

Hmmm....maybe they released him to follow him. Again, the paddle boat is a total deflection to throw him off the scent that they are on to him.

ETA - Just found it. He was released on Sunday. They didn't have enough to hold him, so had to release him. But surely he is under 24-hour surveillance!

He may be the "roadblock", not the kidnapper, e.g., uncooperative to protect his own skin, etc. The kids might have had some reason either by their own will or errand that got them into that part of the lake area and easy prey for some other kind of lurking perp.

It sure looks like a long bike ride for the two girls, longer than I had envisioned.

Thanks for the visual aid!

I had no idea the girls ride was that long.
No way my kids would have been allowed to ride that treck alone!
This is probably silly but ......
the security vid that caught the girls, what vehicle was seen next going in the same direction
?

LE did not sound as confident today about the girls being alive...in fact, they did not sound confident at all. Talking about how long it has been, etc...something either changed since the weekend, or they spoke too soon and too optimistically.

Or just the intrinsic differences in delivery between two different spokespeople.

Hmmm....maybe they released him to follow him. Again, the paddle boat is a total deflection to throw him off the scent that they are on to him.

ETA - Just found it. He was released on Sunday. They didn't have enough to hold him, so had to release him. But surely he is under 24-hour surveillance!

How were you able to find that? Do they show recently released?

So NOT trying to rain on the Jules71 parade because you did a seriously GREAT job, but I think we would all be in serious trouble if the FBI and LE had not already connected those dots (just saying that in terms of calling LE....). I would literally be extremely scared if they had not looked very hard the BF or anyone like him...his family, their friends...anyone that Misty and he shared in common.

Lyric friended him on FB, that's not that strange, she's young, it's her mother's boyfriend. The family didn't like the relationship..well if he was clean and she was arrested recently for drugs, I can see why not.

I don't want to lessen hope, but I also think we are grasping at straws in some cases. And I so wish that was not the case.

How were you able to find that? Do they show recently released?

Facebook. In the "Leave no stone unturned" group. Somebody on there knows him and posted the whole story of why he was arrested and released. Apparently he is on parole for drug charges already. He was honest with his parole officer and told him that he was out drinking at a bar with Misty, which is a big no-no. So they put him in jail for the weekend and made him start his whole sobriety program over. (At least that is what LE told JW.)

OT: But someone mentioned the FBI or people working this case, watching this site. Has anyone ever wondered if perps check this site??

That seriously freaks me out....as I am pretty sure it's likely happened.

Does everyone realize that DM's trial is scheduled to start on 7/27 (pre-trial motions, with a trial start date of 7/31) -- that is this week!

There is an inherent problem with the 12:20 pm sighting of the bikes that I can't see any way around.

If the witness did see Elizabeth's and Lyric's bicycles, if his estimate of the time was accurate, then I don't think there is any way for the bicycles to be in that position at that time in any scenario.

I suddenly realised that over distances of, say, 100 miles, a car is faster than a bicycle, no doubt about it. However, over short distances in town, a bicycle can often be faster than a car (especially if the bicyclist doesn't obey the traffic lights, which is not uncommon).

As I've posted before, there is some wiggle room in the stated times. Given a few minutes' leeway, I think the girls themselves could have ridden their own bicycles to that spot.

I don't think that said wiggle room was enough to accommodate getting hold of two girls, restraining them, putting their bikes into a vehicle and then delivering the bicycles to that spot.

Even with two perps, there's just not enough time.

So that means that either TG was mistaken about the bicycles or the girls were already there but messing about somewhere in the area unseen by TG. Those bicycles could not have been dumped there by someone else at 12:20 pm.

And that is why LE is officially ignoring his statement. Confirming or denying it gives the perp(s) too much information about the LE theory of what happened.

Does everyone realize that DM's trial is scheduled to start on 7/27 (pre-trial motions, with a trial start date of 7/31) -- that is this week!

Actually, ignore me. Pre trial motions are 7/27 & 7/31. Trial is in Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214