IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, Tammy had the "gut feeling"..yet the family feels the girls were never at the lake. They were so sure they would not be found there. Thank you for the link n~t!

"The kids were put at a greater risk." - Yes! That was what I was trying to say.

I am not the perfect mother I am sure, but if I had any type of criminal past I would fully expect to be put under the hot lights you know? And I would cooperate so they could move on ASAP. So when someone stops cooperating it raises huge red flags. Lots of them.

BROUSSEAU: So now all family members are on board and have cooperated 100 percent.

Why weren't they "on board"?

She sounds like my old boss. Glib.

BROUSSEAU: So now all family members are on board and have cooperated 100 percent.

Exactly. Over a week and now we're all on board???

http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/20120725/NEWS07/307250062/Grandmother-Girls-stayed-close

Breault stood by her assertion, first made Saturday, that investigators believe the girls are alive.
“They are not going to reveal the reasons why. It would jeopardize the investigation and the children,” she said.

David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire, said that claim means investigators could “have something quite important” for evidence. He said cases of two children being abducted by a stranger were rare since it would be hard for one person to control both.
He said it makes sense to look into whether the abduction is linked to pending drug charges against Daniel Morrissey, Lyric’s father, a habitual felon facing decades in prison on charges of conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine. In other cases, children have been kidnapped by rivals out of retaliation or held hostage to prevent incriminating testimony, he said.

I keep reading "Total abduction by a complete stranger is rare". But how rare? Because this was not just one child abducted but two! So this would make it even more rare right?

Edited
If you add the small time frame this makes it more suspicious. IMO

It's so frustrating that these little girls have not been found yet. Out of curiosity I searched "Iowa missing persons" and was astonished at the MP cases in that state alone that have not been solved. It made me sick to think this case might end up just another to add to the already huge list.

I really had hope the first week that they were alive somewhere, but I get the feeling now that they are not. MOO

Very brief coverage on JVM last night. Here is the transcript.

BROUSSEAU: I don`t know who that individual is. I was on scene prior to the Evansdale police showing up. And I was on scene before the Waterloo Sheriff`s Department showed up. I had a gut feeling to go there and look for my nieces.

So my mother and I and the Collins family, Little Boy Kelly (ph), we all went to Myers Lake. I jumped out and started asking random people. One man said yes, he had seen the description of those girls on the bike trail going west. It`s a small lake. The bike trail wraps around small -- it`s not real huge. And within 20 minutes of us standing there, Evansdale police and Waterloo Sheriff`s Department were on the bike trail with their vehicles, went around to that side, located the bicycles and Elizabeth`s purse.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/24/ijvm.01.html

Snipped for space.

They go to the lake to look for the girls.
A man tells them he saw 2 girls.
They 'stand' there for 20 minutes.
The police immediately find the girls bikes upon their arrival.

So if this is a "small lake" and they are given info that the girls were seen, why don't they immediately rush to the other side of the trail, calling the girls names along the way.

The family should have discovered those bikes before the police arrived.
I have this awful feeling that the bikes were supposed to be found, and by someone other than a family member.

The grandmother was shocked that the girls would go that far, she said they always stay within two blocks. I don't understand the aunt's 'gut feeling' that she should go search the lake.

video, apologies if already posted.

Iowa cousins’ disappearance divides their families

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...2b4678b97a0416bce2e72b46-4947614000939053||||

It seemed to me that the families were never close to have this situation separate them in the first place JMO

Aren't Misty, heather and the aunt all sisters? Wonder why the Aunt is always with Misty and not Heather?

Even grandma is seen with Misty but i havent seen her with Heather and from what i understand Grandma was close to heather in helping care for the children. With Heathers heart you would think grandma would be by her side right now through this. JMO
Although maybe she is but not on camera?

I don't know, she has been very vocal in protecting DM..I would not be happy about that if I was Heather, I would not be happy about DM not cooperating for a time. No question she loves Lyric as if she was her own child, maybe she was not happy with their lifestyle. She could not have been, I mean.

The grandmother was shocked that the girls would go that far, she said they always stay within two blocks. I don't understand the aunt's 'gut feeling' that she should go search the lake.

....and her subsequent failure to actually search.

Unusual indeed.

Where was the Aunt when the girls went missing? No i am not saying the aunt took the kids.

....and her subsequent failure to actually search.

Unusual indeed.

Especially since she was not alone. She has a strong feeling they are at the lake. Goes to the lake with others. They 'stand' there for 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES. Why would they not spread out and LOOK around? What were they waiting for???

I think MCM's boyfriend was picked up for a reason. They didn't have much to hold him on, but he was held long enough for LE to check him out. I think they theorized that he may have had something to do with it, which is why they were so hopeful for a few days. (wasn't there a rumor that a house had been raided in connection with this case? Maybe they have since come to the conclusion that he had nothing to do with this, which takes them back to square one...which is...they just don't know anything.

Where was the Aunt when the girls went missing? No i am not saying the aunt took the kids.

Not sure, she said she went to the lake wih her mother-she could have been at her Mom's or close by, if it was mentioned I missed it.

Does anyone have a link to what happened the day the girls went missing? Would like to know who told Tammy the girls were missing or if she was at Grandmas at that time? TIA

Lyric's parents stopped cooperating with LE (answering questions, etc) after dad thought LE was treating him like a suspect. I think she means they're now back to fully cooperating with LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prettylaydie