IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. So they want footage containing information about a possible crime that was committed on 7/13. So the crime could be whatever happened to the girls, the crime could be violating a no contact order, the crime could be being around other known felons, drinking while on probation, etc. I just hope what they are referring to as the crime - is whatever happened to the girls.

It will really anger me if they bother to stop in the middle of the search for these precious girls, to subpoena evidence concerning something trivial like breaking a No Contact order, or drinking on probation. :mad:

Or to me it almost looked like a "first" blur of motion just as the girls were getting to that spot. Now I just rewatched :07 over-and-over again and I see the one you're talking about. Is it the person maybe walking that way as they're coming up to the corner, then just barely stepping out from behind the trailer as they go around? Am I nuts?

LOL! I was just watching again to see if I could see the first blur of motion you all saw, and I do see it. There are definitely two separate blur/motion moments.

OT/

Even I know that, and I am the one who, Sunday, took 3 hours to return home from an event only 1/2 hour away from my home. I wound up practically up in St. Cloud, MN, 80 miles from my home in the Twin Cities. Duh.

I do not drink & drive, I do not text & drive,,,,I don't even talk on my cell while I am driving. I am a directional Nincompoop.

Me too, me too. <sympathetic tone intended>

And it's weird. I can look at a map and see the route from here to there, no problem. I can match overhead photos to a map.

I can even draw a map and have been told my maps are clear and easy to follow.

But when it comes to following a map when driving, I am sooooooo lost. I think it is because I naturally think in terms of landmarks rather than street names and in terms of turning toward or away from said landmark.

My mom used to laugh at me because she said my Iowa City directions were all bar to bar. And I can't even drink alcohol!

If I were still driving, I would need one of those thingies that has a calming female voice giving turn by turn directions.

Of course, then I'd be featured on the news as a driver who blindly obeyed the thingie (can't remember the correct name for it) and turned down a non-existent street.

This is why I need to win the lottery and have a chauffeur.

The rSO booked yesterday, victim was under age 13. Tier 3 quarterly reviews.

I think we do need to confirm which Casey's Misty works at. I do recall her saying it was just blocks from Heather's or from the lake. How did we get the location on Hollye's map? It seems River Forest would be the closest.

I agree. By Misty's description, I just assumed that she worked at the River Forest Casey's.

Iirc, MCM stated the one she worked at was a "couple of miles from her sister's house." but which sister? I had assumed Heather. I think this was an interview with NG. I'm going to try to find it.

OT/

Even I know that, and I am the one who, Sunday, took 3 hours to return home from an event only 1/2 hour away from my home. I wound up practically up in St. Cloud, MN, 80 miles from my home in the Twin Cities. Duh.

I do not drink & drive, I do not text & drive,,,,I don't even talk on my cell while I am driving. I am a directional Nincompoop.

I cannot even walk in the right direction. I followed my husband and a doctor out of an office. They went left, I went right. Next time I do that, I'll console myself with the words, "directional Nincompoop." :)

FYI, I asked @kwwl on Twitter why they didn't just give up the footage voluntarily. Just got this response:

@KWWL -
@Leadfoot_LA A subpoena does not mean we refused to provide the video. We are often subpoenaed and we will provide what was requested.

Thank you! And to GrainneDhu (sp?) for the similar info. That makes sense. I didn't know that and it's good to know.

I highlighted what I feel is the 2nd bike as well as the first on this picture. The dotted red outlines the "man" - if that is what it is.

View attachment 24992

Wait, wait, I'm sleepy but this just hit me.

Lederman's 12:15 video I saw and posted an image of what I thought was a person in the background.

Now this new 12:11 video from the place I can't recall at the moment I'm seeing someone in as well.

This needs to be looked at IMHO!

(from first/12:15/lederman's video):
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24891&d=1343060765
(and Jules71's still shot above is the 12:11/new video)

ok now the two video stills where some of us see someone else are together in one post. now what??? i'm sleeping on it. surely there'll be a new 19 page thread in the morning. :what: lol

Iirc, MCM stated the one she worked at was a "couple of miles from her sister's house." but which sister? I had assumed Heather. I think this was an interview with NG. I'm going to try to find it.

AFAIK we have no provided address for Tammy.

Looks like the area is being defined now - here is a map showing spot of latest video and the First Security State Bank ATM spot:

If the children were riding west, what did the bank video capture? Hmmm

Wait, wait, I'm sleepy but this just hit me.

Lederman's 12:15 video I saw and posted an image of what I thought was a person in the background.

Now this new 12:11 video from the place I can't recall at the moment I'm seeing someone in as well.

This needs to be looked at IMHO!

Edit:
here's my first post on this forum from the last, now locked, thread:

I took screen shots of the same thing. It looked/looks to me like there is someone there. In the more recent video, I was looking to see if I still could see it, and I can. My eyes play tricks on me though, so I dunno, but I see what you see. To me, it looks like someone in a white t-shirt on a bike, but that could very well be my imagination.

LE is wanting the "raw video" which I assume is everything they have, including any filming during set-up, etc. Maybe something was said off camera and the news station has it recorded....

Is there just one surveillance video or are there two?

There are two from the same general area....12:15 time stamp on the first one, and 12:11 time stamp on the second.

Here's something I don't understand. In this interview Misty said Lyric was supposed to text her to let her know if she was going to be at Heather's or Grandma's once Misty got off work (so she would know where to go). Did Misty not know what time she would be getting off work? Because Grandma said Lyric knew they needed to leave at 1:30 because she had plans with Tammy.

From NG transcripts:

COOK-MORRISSEY: I left for work at 8:30 AM. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she would text me and let me know when I got off of work where she would be, either at Heather`s in Evansdale or back at our mother`s home in Waterloo.

I left for work. At 2:00 o`clock, my mother, their grandmother, called and said she couldn`t find them. They`d been on a bike ride, and you know, to come directly to Heather`s home. I only work just up the street. I came directly there.

My mom had been driving around looking for them. We stood in the yard and talked for a few minutes. Heather pulled up, had not been able to find them. It was about 2:20, 2:30 PM. And so Heather said, I`m going to the police station. And that`s when she went to the Evansdale PD to involve them.

Tammy
When Mom -- I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left (I think Grandma must have left when Heather got there because Misty just said her mother had already searched and they were standing in the yard when Heather drove up). When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

So Mom came and got me. We got a phone call back from Drew (ph), Elizabeth`s father, saying, You guys need to get back here and help. So me and Mom jumped in the car, and right away we came back. Kelly -- we picked up Kelly, the 12-year-old son, and we started going to all these places that they`d already checked.

I said immediately to my mom, I said, Take me to Meyers Lake, take me to Meyers Lake. This is approximately a quarter to 2:00 when I asked -- or a quarter to 3:00 when I asked Mom to take me to Meyers Lake.

GRACE: Now, Ms. Cook-Morrissey, you work not too far away. Where do you work?

COOK-MORRISSEY: I work at K.C.`s (ph). It`s a gas station/general store, which is just a couple of miles up the road from where my sister lives.

Can someone post a link to this video? I guess I haven't seen it. The only video I saw was so poor that you couldn't even identify the people on the bicycles.

Oh it was very poor... no way in heck I could identify them. I can tell it's people on bikes, one smaller and one bigger, but that's about it. I'm just looking at dark spots and motion.

Someone probably beat me to it but it's here:
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member