IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh...there was a comment way back in a thread that MC was laughing and goofing around before filming an interview and WC told her to stop it. Maybe that is what it is. Maybe it wasn't on this forum...maybe in comments somewhere else, but I remember seeing it. MOO

Her conduct may be questionable but I don't think it is illegal to be socially inappropriate during the search for a missing child.

A subpoena has to be based on LE having probable cause to believe there was illegal activity.

Hmmm. The way the subpoena is worded, it sounds like it is saying that they cannot move forward with whatever they want to do..a warrant of information..or something without the information the station has regarding a criminal act that occurred on or about July 13th. That smells like the "roadblock" they were talking about that the non-cooperating family members were creating. I doubt they are focusing on the crime of the no-contact order...much more likely it is about moving forward regarding the big crime they are investigating...but, maybe I'm totally off base. MOO

Aliayah Lunsford vanished and LE watched her parents but all her mother was charged with (after survellence video caught her) was selling SNAP benefits. Aliayah has not been found.

Are they looking for ATM video from the same day as the interview on the 19th or a different day - I can't seem to find anything about the ATM video request other than what Jules found on twitter.

That's all I found too, just Jules twitter. But the footage they want is from 13th.

If my child is often seen a mile from my home and I don't know about it then I'm not supervising her during those times. MOO. I am not blaming the family for anything. I'm just saying that if the Carpenter's report is true then the grandmother's statements about the girls never going more than one or two blocks from the home is not correct. Perhaps "unsupervised" was too strong a word though I'm not sure what word would be a better choice. My point was that the girls were sometimes seen a mile from the home when the family may not have known about it. That's all I meant.

I'm sorry, I was unclear.

What I meant to say is that strictly in my own opinion, there is good reason to doubt the accuracy of the statement by the Carpenters. I don't think they are lying, I think they have confabulated another little girl with Elizabeth.

If the Carpenters are mistaken, then I wouldn't call Elizabeth unsupervised, yadda yadda yadda.

FYI, I asked @kwwl on Twitter why they didn't just give up the footage voluntarily. Just got this response:

@KWWL -
@Leadfoot_LA A subpoena does not mean we refused to provide the video. We are often subpoenaed and we will provide what was requested.

Her conduct may be questionable but I don't think it is illegal to be socially inappropriate during the search for a missing child.

A subpoena has to be based on LE having probable cause to believe there was illegal activity.

Socially inappropriate behavior is what nailed Susan Smith for LE wasn't it?

anyone good with math that can figure out how fast the bicyclists were traveling assuming this was taken in real time?

There is a twitter account for Brook..... (found on another forum) and he stated: "the security camera records at 3.5 fps = girls riding 30 feet per sec., 20 mph. Fast =Turned right onto R.F. road to Casey's"

I don't know where this info came from or if it is even true so I guess it's MOO.

ETA: Sorry, this took me so long I see OBE has already posted this.

On NG in an earlier interview, Gma refers twice to "the dad" coming home. Wonder which dad she is referring to?

I thought Drew. Because iirc he stayed with the kids, while Heather went to the PD.

It is interesting that the subpoena includes the grandmother. That is what is throwing me for a big loop!

I have thought since Day 1 that these two girls were abducted by someone. The parents' criminal activity increases the chances that the girls interacted with some shady characters. But it's just as likely that a complete stranger abducted the girls. I haven't been following all of the press conferences. But, at this point, I am not aware of any evidence that suggests LE has the slightest idea who has these girls nor why they were taken.

For heaven's sake, they disappeared just a stone's throw from an INTERSTATE. They could be anywhere in the country by now.

I hope I'm wrong and someone can explain why there's reason to think otherwise.

I think we do need to confirm which Casey's Misty works at. I do recall her saying it was just blocks from Heather's or from the lake. How did we get the location on Hollye's map? It seems River Forest would be the closest.

Nikb-
Will you please edit your post #674. I should not have posted the twitter name since it is not msm. Will you replace the name with xxxxxxxxx? Tia!

I'm so sorry, I apparently missed the edit "window" and just saw this. I alerted my post though so hopefully a mod can go fix it. See what happens when I step away from the computer? ;)

For heaven's sake, they disappeared just a stone's throw from an INTERSTATE. They could be anywhere in the country by now.

I hope I'm wrong and someone can explain why there's reason to think otherwise.

The bikes were found a stones throw from an interstate.

The girls were last seen behind the store/in front of the Collins' house

I would agree!! Hence the reason it makes me want to dig my eyes out that LE can't even acknowledge whether or not the man who says he swerved to miss the bikes is considered by police to be credible (or confirmed, or whatever technical term LE uses).

So...again, are we sleuthing 12:11 - 3:58, or 12:11 - 12:20? I mean, does LE understand the spectrum of difference? That simple piece of info makes a HUGE difference in the possibilities.:notgood:

BBM

And that is exactly why LE doesn't want to narrow the window any further. The best bet for solving this is if the perp is uncertain as to what information LE has.

Also, there is the well known problem of aiming the public's attention to something too specific: the average person then tends to rule out evidence they have that does not fit the window in the belief that it's not important.

If the girls were being hidden, which I doubt-how does this end? They are old enough to tell who had them, or at least describe them and how it went down, so how can they just release them, assuming they are alive? And what would be the purpose? What money is there in something like this? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member