IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone have a link to show both survelliance videos? As a local, we are under the impression there is only one.

Are we allowed to show discrepancies in the families stories? Or would that be considered bashing the family?

Oh holy <self-edited>!! I absolutely see something, looks to me like someone walking. I am wondering if MAYBE it's a product of camera angle and that's actually Elizabeth riding past, she turns the corner, then Lyric's behind her? Essentially saying we see Elizabeth twice. But it sure doesn't look like it to me and the timing seems off. To me the "moving thing" before you see the girls looks taller than the girls on bikes so it suggests to me an adult on foot who walked to the corner and behind that white trailer looking thing just as they were riding by. Could be totally innocent just some guy out for a walk but it gave me chills, that's for sure.

It looks to me in the video like the girls are riding behind the sheds. Is this an alleyway they came down? Then they turn right onto the street where we see a full shot of them riding by.
I do believe what is seen is the girls riding by behind the sheds, and they make a right turn onto the street to pass by the camera. JMO

Look at the surveillance video attached to this story http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/surveillance-video-may-be-last-known-sighting-of-missing-girls/article_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Don't look to where the previous version was zoomed but look near the top right behind the white box and the shed.

Is there anything there that you see?

I was in such shock and obsessively watching the video I forgot to say THANK YOU for posting that and your observations. You've got eagle eyes that's for sure.

Are we allowed to show discrepancies in the families stories? Or would that be considered bashing the family?

It must be getting late cause your tone when asking this is cracking me up!!
:floorlaugh:

I cannot even walk in the right direction. I followed my husband and a doctor out of an office. They went left, I went right. Next time I do that, I'll console myself with the words, "directional Nincompoop." :)

I know it's OT...but I am so directionally handicapped it's not funny. I have a 30 yr old son who is an M.D. and he's as bad as I am. In his life, we've ended up in some messes with me driving. Lost in the Smoky Mountains once..had to call 911 to get help finding our cabin..we'd gone out for a pizza..lost in downtown Cincinnati when we were really trying to get about 20 miles north of Cincinnati...we are hopeless. We moved here after 23 yrs in our other home..only 10 miles away but it's a rather large lake community. It's like being in a funhouse trying to get around in here...I used GPS for probably the first 6 months just to get in and out of this valley. I prefer to think of it as not something my brain thinks is important:) ^i^

I cannot even walk in the right direction. I followed my husband and a doctor out of an office. They went left, I went right. Next time I do that, I'll console myself with the words, "directional Nincompoop." :)

:rocker: DN's Unite!

Oh it was very poor... no way in heck I could identify them. I can tell it's people on bikes, one smaller and one bigger, but that's about it. I'm just looking at dark spots and motion.

Someone probably beat me to it but it's here:
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Thanks. I believe that is one that I saw. But I didn't look very closely at it the first time.

Here's something that I haven't seen posted. I used to ride my stationary bike quite a bit, and I managed to get to where I could ride it at about 20 mph. Now, that's absolutely pedaling about as quick as I can. I imagine those girls would be riding at 8-10 mph. So they could easily ride the 1.5 miles to the lake in less than 7-10 minutes.

This is making me crazy! Didn't they say today that the girls were riding toward River Forest Road? Has that been changed or was it never right?

There have been several interviews on different shows. Some of the interviews have information not included in others.........

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Does it seem -- do you believe that they were taken by a stranger?

BROUSSEAU: Absolutely. Absolutely. I feel in my heart that there are a lot of pedophiles that live in that area. Myers Lake is not a very large lake. It has the bike trail that runs around it.

When my mother and I, the grandmother who was babysitting, when my mother and I went on our search for them, and this was at about a quarter to 3 -- and keep in mind the last they were seen was at 11:30 a.m., when they told mom they were going on the bike ride. So that is the last time they were for sure seen. And now, it`s going on to -- it`s getting close to being a quarter to 3.

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30." Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

BBM -

Hold up, wait a minute... I am still waay back, ten pages behind. I'm sure this has been dissected to death by now but what is this??

According to the transcript from NG:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

"We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail."

It must be getting late cause your tone when asking this is cracking me up!!
:floorlaugh:

It is kind of funny that I even ask because a lot of post discuss the family but I had to remove posts from a previous thread and mods removed some for me. The thread was even shut down for a while. I just don't want to get in trouble.

I have found some (minor?) differences in stories though.

Keep up the good work Sleuthers!

<snipped for space> Lederman's 12:15 video I saw and posted an image of what I thought was a person in the background.

Now this new 12:11 video from the place I can't recall at the moment I'm seeing someone in as well.

Yes I agree and remembered your post immediately. In watching the original one I thought it might be a person but also could easily be a deceptive looking shadow. In re-watching this one I am positive I see motion other than the two girls, I'm just not postive if it's a video artifact, angle, or something (or more like someone) else.

They're either the same video with one zoomed in or one next door to the other, I haven't been able to fully understand which. Either way the angle and what's shown could be slightly different and I think we see more in this 12:11 one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Collins' freezer and refrigerator were filled to the max with food brought to them by friends.

<snipped for space>

I hope so!! The emphasis was so much on the other family that I was worried the Collins' are getting lost in the background, but it may well be because they're intentionally and understandably staying out of the spotlight more.

After breaking my leg I had the same experience when I came home. We had to ask a neighbor to help store casseroles and whatnot for us until we could make room! And like you I appreciated and enjoyed every one of them.

BBM -

Hold up, wait a minute... I am still waay back, ten pages behind. I'm sure this has been dissected to death by now but what is this??

"We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail."

THANK YOU!!! It has been driving me crazy because I always remembered it being East. Then the last few times I saw it, it was West. And I thought ok maybe someone messed it up along the way - but it was told both ways, wasn't it?!!!

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30." Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...6/ijvm.01.html

It is kind of funny that I even ask because a lot of post discuss the family but I had to remove posts from a previous thread and mods removed some for me. The thread was even shut down for a while. I just don't want to get in trouble.

I have found some (minor?) differences in stories though.

Keep up the good work Sleuthers!

Maybe the mods are sleeping. Hurry up and tell us!!:floorlaugh:

BBM -

But apparently, for whatever reason, LE is discounting that sighting, because they keep saying the last time the girls were seen was behind the BigNTall.

So it is weird. Did they never find this guy to verify?

THANK YOU!!! It has been driving me crazy because I always remembered it being East. Then the last few times I saw it, it was West. And I thought ok maybe someone messed it up along the way - but it was told both ways, wasn't it?!!!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...6/ijvm.01.html

Maybe Tammy is directionally challenged too.

<snipped>

From NG transcripts:

COOK-MORRISSEY: I left for work at 8:30 AM. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she would text me and let me know when I got off of work where she would be, either at Heather`s in Evansdale or back at our mother`s home in Waterloo.

I left for work. At 2:00 o`clock, my mother, their grandmother, called and said she couldn`t find them. They`d been on a bike ride, and you know, to come directly to Heather`s home. I only work just up the street. I came directly there.
<snipped>

GRACE: Now, Ms. Cook-Morrissey, you work not too far away. Where do you work?

COOK-MORRISSEY: I work at K.C.`s (ph). It`s a gas station/general store, which is just a couple of miles up the road from where my sister lives.

a. just up the street
b. just a couple of miles up the road
c. :silenced:
d. none of the above

Oh it was very poor... no way in heck I could identify them. I can tell it's people on bikes, one smaller and one bigger, but that's about it. I'm just looking at dark spots and motion.

Someone probably beat me to it but it's here:
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Imoo, that video is much clearer than the other one I saw.
First child on bike seems to be riding a bigger bike and going faster.
Second child, further behind than I thought, riding slower than 1st rider, but still fast.
I think someone is behind or beside far left building.....someone barely visible moves. Imhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha