IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the above. I know I read in a recent article that when Misty arrived (and the other Mom I think), that Grandma said she had plans with the other sister (Tammy?), and told the Mom's they'd have to go find their kids, then she left to do whatever she had planned with Tammy. Then at some point Grandma and Tammy were called and told they needed to come help find the girls.

Am I remembering wrong?
That is correct. The only problem there is we have them saying Misty came home at 1:30 and we also have them saying Grandma called Misty at 2.

:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

Yeah, I am not convinced of anything actually!

Does anyone know how long the girls were lost the first time over in Waterloo before LE was called? I'm guessing 12:30 to 2:45 was the time frame on the 13th. That's 2hrs and 15 mins. Just curious....???

I haven't heard a timeline for that. Misti looked rather uncomfortable when Dan brought that up and she brushed over it like it was nothing, "They were just gone a wee bit too long, but they wern't far" I think she said they came up as we were calling police. I have not heard if they actually called police or if the police followed up with the call and determined the girls did actually arrive home safely.

I recall reading something about Lyric wearing shorts, a green PJ top, and sesame street flip flops that when put together make a character. And, Elizabeth was wearing shorts, white top and high top sneakers. But, I am not sure if this was accurate and it is not stated on missing posters to my knowledge.

I don't think it was ever confirmed that the flip flops made a character. I think that's one of those things that was mentioned and people latched onto it. Here's the first time I saw it mentioned:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Irish Eyes found a picture of a possible pair of flip flops that had Sesame Street characters, and then Considering was surprised that if it WAS those flip flops no one had mentioned that they made a character when they were put together.

And then later the whole thing got revised and it wasn't Sesame Street flip flops at all: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2 (not sure where this came from originally but I do remember seeing it in MSM).

Not meaning to further add to the confusion...

Thankyou to all that shared the experience of being abducted.
May I ask how you were able to get away?
Only because I pray E & L can do the same!

Anyone else finding that they have this case in their dreams?

I have a question about the above. I know I read in a recent article that when Misty arrived (and the other Mom I think), that Grandma said she had plans with the other sister (Tammy?), and told the Mom's they'd have to go find their kids, then she left to do whatever she had planned with Tammy. Then at some point Grandma and Tammy were called and told they needed to come help find the girls.

Am I remembering wrong?

No - I remember reading this in a MSM article as well. I don't know about you, but I can't hink of any errand more important than locating my two granddaughters/neices.... very strange. MOO

I think that Lyric was a more likely candidate as an unwitting drug courier. But since she wasn't in Evansdale on a daily basis for the previous 5 weeks, I don't think she would have been running deliveries for someone there on a regular basis.

My theory on why the purse was on the lake side of the fence is that as the girls were riding around the lake, Lyric was in the lead. Someone accosted her right at that place where the trees and the fence are. They got a good grip on her arm and showed a weapon of some sort, such as an ice pick or box cutter.

Elizabeth stopped her bike out of reach and started fumbling for her purse to get her (inactive but still good for 911) cell phone. The perp threatened Lyric and told Elizabeth to toss her purse over the fence in order to keep her from getting the cell phone out.

Then the perp led them both away through the trees to the hidden track.

It would only take a minute or two to grab one girl (probably Lyric) and force both girls to go through the trees.

Once they were into the trees, they were out of sight.

The constant heavy traffic on I-380 served to mask any sounds the girls may have made.

Again, this is just a theory but so far, I haven't read anything that makes me doubt it.

Dont know how to bold on ipad,but about unwitting courier,heres a video that caught my attention:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/17/iowa-girl-went-missing-days-earlier

At 1:07 dad says they were to go to a "destination" and come back, then mom smoothes it over at 2:00 saying they were going to the park. Anybody find it odd that a destination and back turns into a walk to the park that lasted too long? Guess i thought odd he didnt just say. Interesting article... Maybe im reading too much into it though

If the surveillance video is E and L, apparently they were riding away from the lake.

They may have stopped somewhere on Lafayette and their bikes may have been stolen, so they started walking and were abducted on their way to HC's house.

There is an entrance to Evansdale Nature Trail right off of Lafayette.

I hope LE has checked everywhere along Lafayette.

Just a possible theory. imo

I realize the dogs alerted in the bushes.

I hope the bicycle tires are being analyzed. The grandma and other family members say they don't know of the girls ever going there. I read somewhere that the path is gravel. This gravel should be imbedded in the tires (even if just tiny particles). This could determine if the bikes were road there or placed there.

One thing that is troubling to this case is that family members converged to this area to search BEFORE LE was able to get there. This puts their tire tracks and their scents there...not good for investigators or tracking dogs.
IAM, good thinking about the gravel being embedded in the bike tires.
I have to also say I agree with the poster who mentioned the person
who moved the girls bikes. Don't you think they're likely shaking in their
proverbial boots?

Any Iowan locals heard anything about a strange car, van, truck, bike or an actual stranger being
near the lake or bike trail the day in question?
Anyone who maybe had a phone or camera taking pictures? :moo:

Also wasnt it posted on here last night that the video of the girls
was of them riding their bikes away from the lake?

Or was it they rode away from their grandmas?
imhoo

Can we get off the meth senarios, why isn't stranger abduction the topic? As I said before, there are many abduction attempts in Iowa right now.

Could the other attempts elsewhere been a case of misdirecting the investigation - not really connected with meth-gangsters anymore but look there are abductions attempts elsewhere - so mostly must be S.O./human-trafficking-pimps

Every area has their own meth-gangsters and higher-ups (from street-soldiers who sell drugs to managers to manager of managers) mostly have well-connected network of gangsters operating in multiple cities/states.

What we don't know is whether the family has received any threats in the past. why did DM and Mystic live seperately and get together now if the past domestic-assault is not very serious. why did the family freak out earlier that week when LM went missing for a short-time. (were they living separately to tell others (drug-gangsters) that he and his kids are not together anymore and so they shouldn't be harmed)

How recently? This implies, to me, that he had initially refused...why?

This is a very interesting article....Nothing official but Grandma has alot to say.

He recently met with them to allow them to go through all the contacts in his phone, Cook said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...-in-court-on-unrelated-charges/#ixzz21sBdHx65

Ok...wait a second. How/why is it that LE was able to clear 200+ RSO in less than 24 hrs...and they are just NOW getting around to going through DM's contacts? That really throws me for a loop...

Dont know how to bold on ipad,but about unwitting courier,heres a video that caught my attention:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/17/iowa-girl-went-missing-days-earlier

At 1:07 dad says they were to go to a "destination" and come back, then mom smoothes it over at 2:00 saying they were going to the park. Anybody find it odd that a destination and back turns into a walk to the park that lasted too long? Guess i thought odd he didnt just say. Interesting article... Maybe im reading too much into it though

I don't think you are reading too much into it. I have also picked up on Dan's use of the word, "destination". And Misti smoothing it all over. I also think I noticed her nudge him to shut him up. It is extremely coincidental for the same child to go missing twice within a few days. I am sure LE is noting this.

Search 'plea bargaining' on the net. It is how most cases are settled instead of going to trial.

Yes I know what plea bargaining is.
Trust me this isn't my first rodeo. :)
But for what some would consider small drug charges,
LE allowed the accused to NARC people out and more or
less pick his time to serve?
IDK sounds odd to me.

A previous posted raised the possibility that the reason family called LE when Lyric was late coming home prior to the abduction could have been because the family had been ''warned'' or concerned that harm could potentially befall the girls as retribution for DM dropping a dime on his business partners. (yeah, I know, massive run on sentence). I think it was Grandma who stated that the girls generally had to check in after an hour of playing, riding their bikes around the neighbourhood, etc. A lot can happen in an hour. If there was genuine fear for their safety, isn't an hour a bit long to wait before asking them to check in ?

Personally, I don't have any problem with GMother's time-structure of checking in with her: one hour-because one GDaughter is 10 years old (No apples.). Nothing indicates that GD (Lyric) was irresponsible and that, IMO, includes when she was late 4 days earlier. IMO, it's reasonable.

Cindersoot (is that from Ever After?) below is the theory you gave, you think it is someone who lives on the lake? Do you have someone specific in mind, or do you think it was a stranger abduction by someone who happened to live on the lake?

I'm in no way trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from and understand why you think that.

I might be a bit jaded because I haven't followed a case yet where the family wasn't either involved in some way or that hasn't been closed because the family doesn't cooperate.

"Visited Meyers lake for myself yesterday.
Hi, Im new here, finally got registered. I live in central Iowa about an hour away from Evansdale and have been keeping up on this case since the beginning. Yesterday my husband and I went to and I wanted to see for myself the area and I have my own theories. I first found Lyrics grandmas house where the bike ride started and followed it to River forest drive which is like 1000 ft up and turned right, went down Lafayette st, and turned to go down a street to the back of the Big and Tall store and auction house where they were seen on camera. Saw the camera myself, then I went pass Caseys general store and down Lafayette street heading east to a nature tral thats also a bike trail that takes you directly to the spot where the bikes were found at the lake. So they easily could have been on their way to the lake, easily in no time as fast as they were riding. My theory is they met the perp for a boat ride, where the bikes were found is at the east end of the lake along a very closed in tree lined area. I feel it was someone who lives on that small lake. There is a small boat ramp where the bikes where found. I feel he said, "just leave your purse, we will be back". Also I stood at the entrance to the Lake and I was amazed how small and compact the area is. And I might add so very very sad."
My thoughts exactly from the beginning, somebody promised a fun boat ride!!

No - I remember reading this in a MSM article as well. I don't know about you, but I can't hink of any errand more important than locating my two granddaughters/neices.... very strange. MOO

Maybe it's just me, but if I was babysitting and the children I was responsible to watch could not be found for an hour or so (depending which time line you believe) I certainly would not be running off to my appts unless they were life threatening!
NOT bashing the GM, this is just the way I personally would feel. I would be in an absolute panic!
Yes, she looked for them, but they had not been found!

I was in shock when I read DC had to call WC and Aunt T to come back and help.
JMPersonalO

Maybe it's just me, but if I was babysitting and the children I was responsible to watch could not be found for an hour or so (depending which time line you believe) I certainly would not be running off to my appts unless they were life threatening!
NOT bashing the GM, this is just the way I personally would feel. I would be in an absolute panic!
Yes, she looked for them, but they had not been found!

I was in shock when I read DC had to call WC and Aunt T to come back and help.
JMPersonalO

I think the GM thought they'd show up in a few minutes just like Lyric did a few days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member