IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly can't remember one with so few announcements, in regards to possible suspects, cars, witness sightings etc.

No sketches, no clothing descriptions, except for footwear.

No BOLOs for scary strangers to the locals. No reminders to watch your kids.

:banghead:

THIS is why I think LE knows...something.
..my opinion.

Id hope that the search party will continue in Evansdale. Everything first searched should be searched again.
I agree. Why are we not searching? Are there any groups going out to search? The attempted abductions are scaring me. So many way too close. I am not letting my girls out of my site! Please post if you know of any searchers going out, I am off the next four days and would like to help. Praying for the girls, God please guide them home...

But we can't get stuck on it. We have to look outside the box.

This is the 8th thread about Lyric and Elizabeth. The conversation has been all over the place. It moves along from day to day according to what we are reading in the news and things that occur to us as we "sleep on it". If you go back to the beginning (I mean, if you haven't already) you will see that the focus shifts. It's a very fluid conversation. Hopefully the girls will come home soon. If that doesn't happen the conversation will evolve as we get information. It will not always be about meth. I hope it won't always be about meth. Meth is the devil. But, so are child predators. It's all ugly. We have to keep remembering how beautiful these girls are and pray they come home soon.

Don't know if this has been linked before.

Snipped:

Missing Iowa cousins could have been abducted by drug dealers as payback after one of the girls' fathers snitched to police.
The grandmother of Lyric Cook, 10, who disappeared on July 13 with cousin Elizabeth Collins, 8, said today that Lyric's father, Dan Morrissey, could have made an enemy after giving investigators information on local drug users and dealers to shave time off his own possible sentence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz21sesfL7E

Were all his drug arrests meth related? Blows me away theres that much snitchin to do. Im thinking about all the little meth lab busts on our local tv. Never really thought about it being big business - guess i thought everyone made their own :floorlaugh:

"She said prosecutors had shaved his sentence from more than 45 years to 30 years and then to 10 years, with a mandatory five years behind bars, because of his cooperation."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz21sc5sdJA

Wow thats alot of snitching IMO

I have a question about how all these plea deals and snitching work. Wouldn't it be unlikely that the people he was snitching on knew he was snitching for sure until July 12th when the plea deal would have been worked out? How would they know what was going on behind the scenes between the prosecution and his lawyer? Had he even supplied the names of these people or was that what he was required to do on the 12th to get the plea deal?

The other guys that have been named were arrested with him weren't they? Not because he ratted them out. So were the prosecution offering plea deals to them all to get names and info on people higher up in the chain? Maybe he was threatened somehow prior to the 12th that if they (whoever they may be) found out he had snitched and accepted a plea deal, which would then have him in jail and them not able to retaliate against him right away, that they would harm members of his family?

Which is what prompted him to not accept the plea deal on the 12th but rather take it to trial and risk a long prison sentence? To protect his family? To make someone believe that he had not snitched?

And even though he didn't take the deal, it was discovered that he had been prepared to do so and might have given the names anyway so they did this to show him they were serious with their threats and to send a message to the other guys?

:waitasec:

MOO

YES YES YES this I believe - that the girls are in a safe house that the feds/FBI have full knowledge and confirmation of. I hold fast to the belief the FBI would not say they believe the girls are alive unless they absolutely knew it to be true. I do not know of any other case the FBI has ever made that statement. I think it is majorly significant and extraordinary. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS THE FBI SAYING THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE INDICATING THE GIRLS ARE DECEASED. That is a different statement altogether. It is also a different statement if coming from local LE. This the frickin' FBI. They do not make frivolous statements. If someone could cite another case where an official FBI spokesperson stated publically "we believe the missing person(s) is alive" and it turned out to not be so I will change my opinion. Until then I think it was huge that they said it, and that it indicates the girls are safe somewhere. I do not know why they have not disclosed such key info to the parents if indeed it is true and they have not.
I pray you are right. I said the same thing about Isabel Celis too and was told by other poster that LE would never do that sort of thing. They could be sued for the pain and suffering to the parents. Unless.....the parents know about it. That would explain MCM and some family celebrating, DC and HC staying out of the spotlight, and numerous other things.

Don't know if this has been linked before.

Snipped:

Missing Iowa cousins could have been abducted by drug dealers as payback after one of the girls' fathers snitched to police.
The grandmother of Lyric Cook, 10, who disappeared on July 13 with cousin Elizabeth Collins, 8, said today that Lyric's father, Dan Morrissey, could have made an enemy after giving investigators information on local drug users and dealers to shave time off his own possible sentence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz21sesfL7E

Does anyone other than me think it is odd that the grandmother would say this publically? It is as if she is saying it is DM's fault. Sounds like there may be some sort of ill feelings by her for Lyric's father. jmo

Wait a minute. OMG. What if he did see the bikes at that time?

Okay, the girls ride their bikes to the lake at around 11:30. at around 12:10 their bikes were laying across the path because they were down by the shore doing whatever they were doing. [ talking to a guy on a paddle boat ?]

The guy on the boat says hey, if you girls want to borrow this boat then go meet me at the house on the corner.

So at 12:10 ish they ride their bikes back to the pking lot by Grandma, so they can 'check in' with her really quick. They wave to her, and ride back to the lake very fast so they can borrow the boat...

MAYBE TG saw them BEFORE the girls rode back to town, not after?

This is a good thought! Let me chew on this for a bit...

ETA: The thing is it doesn't seem both things are possible 1) the girls on camera at 12:19 and 2) TG seeing their bikes at 12:20-12:27.

You have to think like a kid, riding past the skatepark which is on the nature trail/bike trail would be something I would do. Again that trail leads straight to where the bikes were found.

I agree. My daughter is only 7 but very social. I feel if she were a little older and allowed to ride her bike unsupervised, she would be attracted to areas where other kids are located. I remember comments about Elizabeth being a very friendly and social child.

On the west end of the state is Dubuque where an attempted abduction was a few days ago. Hwy 20 going east.

FWIW, the Dubuque police investigated and said it was not an abduction attempt. I don't know all the details, but the guy w/ the van voluntarily went and spoke to the police and so did some witnesses - and based on that, the police said it was NOT an attempted abduction.

No, I think Aunt Tammy has a poor understanding of how criminal law works.

Going to disagree, Jaime. IMO, Aunt T has a very good understanding of how criminal law works, but that doesn't mean I don't believe she's spoken way too much and in way too much detail.

does anyone know the date of lyrics runaway? thanks

I dont think there was a runaway, if you're referring to the date she and her cousin came back late from playing in the park?

Being a newbie here, I have one question, When they first went missing and they couldn't find them, Who said" Take me to Meyers Lake" and had Meyers Lake already been mentioned at that point? Just wondering what made them want to go to Meyers Lake. TIA :)

The Aunt TB

FWIW, the Dubuque police investigated and said it was not an abduction attempt. I don't know all the details, but the guy w/ the van voluntarily went and spoke to the police and so did some witnesses - and based on that, the police said it was NOT an attempted abduction.

Well of course the perp would say that.

does anyone know the date of lyrics runaway? thanks

The day she came home late or the day she started to run away and her grandmother stopped her? Actually I don't think we know the exact dates for either.

I really believ you have to actually see the town and go thru the timeline yourself. I did and it's very easy to get on the nature trail/bike trail and get to Meyers lake fast. The trail is right off Lafayette street east.

That's the route that I thought they had probably taken from the beginning but I'm not a local so when I began to hear other theories about the route I wasn't so sure. According to Google they could have biked that route in 7 or 8minutes.

Originally Posted by otto
Actually, it's not a boat ramp. I thought that at first as well. From google maps it looks like a boat ramp, but it's actually the drainage pipe that goes under the highway towards the river
BBM oh no to a river? Could the girls of drowned and be found at river bank????
So many kids play on those, is it large enough for a child to slip off and drift in???

There's a grate on the drainage pipe and the entire lake and river have been searched. They aren't in the water.

That's the route that I thought they had probably taken from the beginning but I'm not a local so when I began to hear other theories about the route I wasn't so sure. According to Google they could have biked that route in 7 or 8minutes.

From what I saw it cuts straight to the lake. I saw it in person.

Going to disagree, Jaime. IMO, Aunt T has a very good understanding of how criminal law works, but that doesn't mean I don't believe she's spoken way too much and in way too much detail.

Everyone wants their 5 minutes :doh:

This is a good thought! Let me chew on this for a bit...

ETA: The thing is it doesn't seem both things are possible 1) the girls on camera at 12:19 and 2) TG seeing their bikes at 12:20-12:27.

TG may have been off a few minutes. He had to ride to the station, use the bathroom, then call his daughter. I think he could have seen the bikes at around 12:12, then ridden to the station, used the bathroom, and called his daughter. 15 minutes is not that far off, of a reasonable estimate,imo.

I think that timeline answers a lot of questions.

eta: I mean 'off' on his estimate, not on the 12:27 time.

I know 12:27 is correct. But maybe it took him longer than he thought to get to the station, use the bathroom and make the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd