IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the snark? Aren't we on the same side?

I'm only doing what everyone is doing which is discussing theories and my reasons for discounting some over others.

:banghead:

I guess it is just a misunderstanding. Your choice of words, that you have the blindingly obvious correct answer might rub people the wrong way. But I agree that we are all here for the same thing---to see these precious girls come home.

Again, Dylan and Shasta were different.

The perp took them from their own home, and had plenty of time to do it, no prying eyes because the house was isolated and the family dead.

He could do it because it was easy.

This abduction would not have been easy...unless there were at least two perps.

Ok, so you are confident there were 2 perps, that were known to the girls and that this was planned. Now I'm trying to figure out who your two perps are. MCM was at work. DM has an alibi, well, with his son. I just can't buy it's the Collins.

WC and TB?
Druglord 1 and Druglord 2?
JW and friend?
DM and son? (He had access to his GF's truck)

Can you at least tell me if one of those is your theory?

Ok, this is really weird. and totally off topic. I know a woman who used "puppy" as code for "baby" in emails when discussing the adoption of her daughter's baby. She was traveling a lot around the time of the due date, so all electronic communication was to refer to the baby as "the puppy is now available for pick up." It was important to use code because the woman is somewhat famous, and did not want people to discover that she was was hiding a pregnant teen and pretending the baby was her own.

I had NO idea that OTHER people referred to babies as puppies!

WOW!!! See that is just crazy to me. I wonder if it really means kids in the under world. Crazy!!!

Care to share your theory?

Not really.

In case you didn't notice, my statements didn't get such a good reaction from the crowd. :(

Also, to say much more than I already have would be against TOS. There is nothing, however, to stop a smart person reading all of my posts, following my logic, and figuring out my theory. :)

Some people are "truth wizards"...they've never had a name for it before but that's what I am. I can smell deception from 50 paces, and have built a career in investigating it (NOT LE!). For whatever reason I have a knack that I have 99% faith in (I get it wrong, occasionally) and also a lot of practical knowlege about statement analysis, body language, what people don't say etc. Holes in stories, if you like.

The only way I can consider a different scenario is if LE comes up with another sighting, or time. As it is, they seem to be working with the 8 minute time frame so that's all I've got too. This is what I'm basing it all on. If the girls are seen after 12.15 I'm back to the drawing board and the ice cream creepers with the rest of you.

:moo:

So many investigations focus on ''what is amiss'', ''what is wrong with this picture'', ''who or what doesn't belong in this scenario''. This investigation is 2+ weeks old and has yet to yield positive results. Lets try something different ...

Who or what would have to fit in order to pull off this abduction without leaving a trace of evidence (as far as we know) ? Who's presence would not be questioned ? What sort of skills, resources, housing/accommodation, employment (or lack thereof) would this person need to possess in order to 1) carry this out, 2) maintain their lifestyle (in order to not attract attention) ?

Who is generally NOT considered to be a suspect ? Who does LE typically NOT investigate ... I have my suspicions , what are yours ?

Those CL posts are so disgusting and there are so many people posting there. I don't like having that crap in my history even if no one ever sees it!

Thank you to those who were tough enough to look through that awful stuff to find the ones about Meyers Lake!

Did he specifically reference Meyers Lake? I really AM trying to catch up on all posts. I am not brave enough to look at the ads. I know he referenced a lake but did he specifically name Meyers Lake???? If so, when did he do that?

Again, Dylan and Shasta were different.

The perp took them from their own home, and had plenty of time to do it, no prying eyes because the house was isolated and the family dead.

He could do it because it was easy.

This abduction would not have been easy...unless there were at least two perps.

I understand what you are saying. 2 perps to get 2 kids out of view quickly.
However only one perp if this perp had the girls trust/knew them. JMO

I was in Iowa this weekend, and was in Evansdale. So eery to pass through this town knowing both these girls are missing. A very ordinary, every day town in the suburbs. A lot of construction going on, especially with roads. Lots of cornfields, rivers, lakes. People in a town like that would never have even dreamt of something like that happening there.
These girls could be anywhere, as I was passing through I was think...There are so many places they could be if still in the town...and many more if they aren't! So happy to see their missing poster plastered everywhere, even in other states!!! Praying for the girls tonight<3
One of my friends grew up in that area, she is so shocked about this, she said it is a very safe feeling, smaller town, no one would have ever thought this would happen.
On that busier highway that passes through (can't remember the name exactly-it's the one with the road construction in town), I read about the unsolved murder of a teen girl, driving home on the highway from IL, through out Iowa. I don't think it was in Evansdale, but on that high way, her car broke down, and she was stabbed to death. It's still unsolved, and it didn't appear to be a robbery. (If I find out her name, I will post it here, I just can't remember it!)
I also read in the morning paper in DuBuque, IA, where I was staying about different non-family abductions and rapes that have been happening in that section of Iowa. Makes me wonder if any of these are connected to the girls:/

BBM

Iowa has only two seasons: winter and road construction season.

I don't remember any notable unsolved murders involving I-380. Are you sure you're not thinking of Tammy Zywicki?

Tammy Zywicki was a student at Grinnell College in Grinnell Iowa. She was driving back to college from Evanston Illinois. She dropped her brother off at Northwestern University and then her car was found abandoned along I-80 near LaSalle, Illinois.

About a week later, her body was found off I-44 in Missouri. She had been stabbed to death.

There are two different suspects in her death: Lonnie Bierbodt (I think he's more likely) and Bruce Mendenhall (I think he's a little less likely). Lonnie Bierbodt is now dead; Mendenhall has been convicted in a different murder and is suspected in a number of others.

Ok, so you are confident there were 2 perps, that were known to the girls and that this was planned. Now I'm trying to figure out who your two perps are. MCM was at work. DM has an alibi, well, with his son. I just can't buy it's the Collins.

WC and TB?
Druglord 1 and Druglord 2?
JW and friend?
DM and son? (He had access to his GF's truck)

Can you at least tell me if one of those is your theory?

You have to really think on this cause with sierre newbold there were tons of shady characters in that family, they were really checking out the brother, and it was a a guy that lived closed by and went to church once and awhile at their church!! This case is tough one to guess!!

Not really.

In case you didn't notice, my statements didn't get such a good reaction from the crowd.

Also, to say much more than I already have would be against TOS. There is nothing, however, to stop a smart person reading all of my posts, following my logic, and figuring out my theory. :)

Some people are "truth wizards"...they've never had a name for it before but that's what I am. I can smell deception from 50 paces, and have built a career in investigating it (NOT LE!). For whatever reason I have a knack that I have 99% faith in (even I get it wrong, occasionally) and also a lot of practical knowlege about statement analysis, body language, what people don't say etc. Holes in stories, if you like.

The only way I would say I am wrong is if LE comes up with another sighting, or time. As it is, they seem to be working with the 8 minute time frame so that's all I've got too. This is what I'm basing it all on. If the girls are seen after 12.15 I'm back to the drawing board.

:moo:

Well i have read your posts as i spend hours reading and catching up each morning. I don't see your theory as i don't have time to read between the lines. So i guess you can keep it to yourself. I wasn't attacking you. Sorry if you felt that way as i remember the other day you attack me. But i will stop the tension right now and catch up on the thread tomorrow as tension is getting high in here.

Night all:bedtime:

I guess it is just a misunderstanding. Your choice of words, that you have the blindingly obvious correct answer might rub people the wrong way. But I agree that we are all here for the same thing---to see these precious girls come home.

And we have to remember the way someone writes can be mistaken how they are really feeling. Thats why i hate texting etc. It can be easily misinterpeted. I see what The poster is trying to say. This thread has been one of the best i have been on. You couldnt say anything on isabel celis case. I didnt know there was possible websleuth bullying. Lol

You have to really think on this cause with sierre newbold there were tons of shady characters in that family, they were really checking out the brother, and it was a a guy that lived closed by and went to church once and awhile at their church!! This case is tough one to guess!!

I was looking sideways at the older brother and suspicious it might be one of his friends. It shocked me that it was a drunken neighborhood perv from their church, no less.

I understand what you are saying. 2 perps to get 2 kids out of view quickly.
However only one perp if this perp had the girls trust/knew them. JMO

YES!

Even then, I see at least one other perp, because someone was driving.

Like I said, very well planned. Not some meth head who lives in a tent. :moo:

:rocker:

When our local ice cream truck was selling the kids 'contraband' undercover, he was pulling the back of the truck up against the curb at the end of our cul de sac, and my son and his friends would peek in the open back door and pick out stink bombs and little fire crackers from underneath the counter.

The boys were almost inside the back door of the truck, which is what freaked me out and clued me in.

So although unlikely, it is possible that a slick perp could lure kids by being the ice cream man. Possible scenario:

Hey girls, aren't you getting an ice cream today?

We dont have any money left.

No problem. Come back at 12:30 and I will be sitting over in that area there, eating lunch. I wlll have a lot of leftover ice cream and you can have as many as you want. Just don't say anything or everyone else will want one too.

When the girls come back they see him with a cooler sitting in the woods by the trail. They walk over and he pulls a knife to Lizzies throat and they both comply and he walks them to wherever he wants to take them.

Maybe it is parked by he campground because he lives there in a tent? maybe he is friends with one of our CL creepers.

What about substituting a Schwan's truck for an ice cream truck?

They don't normally sell on the streets so seeing a Schwan's truck wouldn't normally attract kids. But they do sell desserts (including ice cream and other yummy stuff), so the promise of a free dessert could be made. The perp could even show the dessert boxes as proof they existed.

I deleted my theory because it was against TOS. In my theory the girls are alive. What about in yours SS? Do you think they are alive?

And we have to remember the way someone writes can be mistaken how they are really feeling. Thats why i hate texting etc. It can be easily misinterpeted. I see what The poster is trying to say. This thread has been one of the best i have been on. You couldnt say anything on isabel celis case. I didnt know there was possible websleuth bullying. Lol

Meaningi see what saphire was meaning.

Indeed, the tension seems to be getting high in here. I think if we can't play nice, someone needs a spanking. Let me see if I can find that CL ad again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd